Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,666,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
IBrakefortailgaters, I noticed the same eye roll and mentioned it on an earlier post around the show aired. Nene, turned into a very unlikely person after the first season and her marriage is in the toilet so it doesn't surprise me that she is fighting with her friends. Wish she and her spouse work things out, they have been together for a while. The young guy is just going to leave her. Didn't he have a violent past?
I thought I was the only one who caught that. Good to know you did too! I have no idea about that football player's past, though.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,037,487 times
On the Wendy Williams Show she mentioned that he was stabbed in the neck.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,604,869 times
these girls have got to be posers. "weathy" "rich" "new money"? i dont think so. aside from kandi (whom i love and respect since the days of xcape) they are all broke and fake. none of them OWN their homes (except kandi and lisa, with her old house), not saying renting is bad but the very wealthy (whom they try to be) flat out OWN properties. lisa's bigger home is no longer theirs due to the unfortunate economic downturn. good thing she had a smaller home that was paid off already. anyways, the show is quite entertaining nonetheless. cant wait to see kandi along with lisa's other house next season, i hear kim and nene was fired but they are too live for the show to leave IMHO, and will sheree's line do well?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
these girls have got to be posers. "weathy" "rich" "new money"? i dont think so. aside from kandi (whom i love and respect since the days of xcape) they are all broke and fake. none of them OWN their homes (except kandi and lisa, with her old house), not saying renting is bad but the very wealthy (whom they try to be) flat out OWN properties. lisa's bigger home is no longer theirs due to the unfortunate economic downturn. good thing she had a smaller home that was paid off already. anyways, the show is quite entertaining nonetheless. cant wait to see kandi along with lisa's other house next season, i hear kim and nene was fired but they are too live for the show to leave IMHO, and will sheree's line do well?
If they get rid of Kim and Nene, the show might as well go off the air. Lisa's pretty dull, Kandi's low key--and with her fiance's death last year, she doesn't really have any controversy to speak of (except she doesn't get along with Nene, but if she leaves, what's left?), and though Sheree could hold down the fort with her sensationalizing of everything she touches, she could only do so much. Kim and Nene have made the show with their back and forth middle school girl fights!

And you are right--as much as I love these girls, they are posers. Atlanta's real estate market isn't nearly as expensive as the OC or NYC. The South is home of the McMansion, so if they were as wealthy as they're made out to be, they could've found houses and purchased them with cash. We have to remember that many of the other housewives--NYC in particular--come from old school money. New schoolers need a while to age before they become old schoolers

Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,604,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
If they get rid of Kim and Nene, the show might as well go off the air. Lisa's pretty dull, Kandi's low key--and with her fiance's death last year, she doesn't really have any controversy to speak of (except she doesn't get along with Nene, but if she leaves, what's left?), and though Sheree could hold down the fort with her sensationalizing of everything she touches, she could only do so much. Kim and Nene have made the show with their back and forth middle school girl fights!

And you are right--as much as I love these girls, they are posers. Atlanta's real estate market isn't nearly as expensive as the OC or NYC. The South is home of the McMansion, so if they were as wealthy as they're made out to be, they could've found houses and purchased them with cash. We have to remember that many of the other housewives--NYC in particular--come from old school money. New schoolers need a while to age before they become old schoolers
EXACTLY! ugh i cant stant it, but its fun to watch at the same time lol. and wealthy doesnt neccessarily mean a millionaire or billionaire, but a weathly person has no debt, owns everything outright, normally pays cash for everything, and are able to use their money to invest and enjoy life. these girls are/were so in debt with their homes and other outrageous spending it was ridiculous and you can see right throught them. the home that nene had was probably anywhere between $400k to $800k, and yes, McMansions seem to be abundant in the south. The NYC girls have to be laughing when the ATL girls flaunt their "riches" lol. but as i said before, they are entertaining and i will continue to watch.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,032,633 times
Sheree use to live in the city limits of Atlanta. I don't think she does any more. None of the "ladies" live in the city limits.

They would not be living in the area of Atlanta where the old money live. They are all too declasse (but I love the show anyway)

Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
EXACTLY! ugh i cant stant it, but its fun to watch at the same time lol. my mother and i was talking about this. and wealthy doesnt neccessarily mean a million or billionaire but a weathly person had no debt, owns everything outright, normally pays cash for everythingand are able to use their money to invest and enjoy life. these girls are/was so in debt with their homes and other outrageous spending it was ridiculous and you can see right throught them. the home that nene had was probably anywhere between $400k to $800k, and yes, McMansions seem to be abundant in the south. The NYC girls have to be laughing when the ATL girls flaunt their "riches" lol. but as i said before, they are entertaining and i will continue to watch.
You're right, wealth may mean different things to different people. I think the NYC girls are in a league of their own when it comes to wealth. And let me add--Atlanta is very spread out....if they were THAT wealthy, they'd be living closer in town to all the action since they're social butterflies. Isn't Duluth, where one or two of them live, in Gwinnett County? It's not even the county that borders Fulton County, LOL....well, it does, but it's soooooooooo far out. It's like a person who wants to live in NYC but can't afford it has to move to the middle of PA or NY State just so they can live in a big enough house that's comparable to what's in Manhattan. Ya know?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Sheree use to live in the city limits of Atlanta. I don't think she does any more. None of the "ladies" live in the city limits.

They would not be living in the area of Atlanta where the old money live. They are all too declasse (but I love the show anyway)
Great minds think alike, Georgio...you're the real estate expert in ATL. Tell us where the REAL wealthy people live--I know it's not in Gwinnett!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,032,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
You're right, wealth may mean different things to different people. I think the NYC girls are in a league of their own when it comes to wealth. And let me add--Atlanta is very spread out....if they were THAT wealthy, they'd be living closer in town to all the action since they're social butterflies. Isn't Duluth, where one or two of them live, in Gwinnett County? It's not even the county that borders Fulton County, LOL....well, it does, but it's soooooooooo far out. It's like a person who wants to live in NYC but can't afford it has to move to the middle of PA or NY State just so they can live in a big enough house that's comparable to what's in Manhattan. Ya know?
Great minds think a like (See my previous post)

Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,348,450 times
Quote:
Sheree quit the line because ppl in Atl dont have the eye for fashion or the fashion mind. Or whatever it was that she said in an article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV