Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times

Advertisements

I think Diddy is a complete idiot and obviously a power-mad bully. How could he kick 2 girls out the group just like that?? And they were the most talented members. That's total bulls***. I am so angry with his decision! I definitly do not respect it in anyway. I think he did it on a whim of anger and power outrage. And it's not the first time he's done this. Diddy has never had a successful with-standing girl/guy group. Not to my knowledge anyway. He has broken up many successful acts within the U.S. whos been known to have platinum hits overseas such as Dream, O-town, & Da Band. I don't understand him. He knows that the groups he assembles are all grown adults with vast opinions. I realize that Aubrey probably shouldn't have spoken to him in the manner she did, but then again she is a grown woman. Day 26 or Danity Kane should not have to sugarcoat their words just to keep from kicked out? What kind of communication is that? It's like saying "I'm the pimp, your the ho." I realize this was a few days ago but honestly I just saw the video yesterday and I am shocked.

(MTB 4 finale clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duYF4F0FZEU

(Aubrey O' Day's speech on live reunion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfhlyNaVy7g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 02:02 PM

726 posts, read 2,269,281 times
He really is. As far as the group goes, they were formed together, and they wont be the same again.
Aubrey seems sweet and fun, but she needs to change her image.
She was busy promoting herself instead of her group. Fame got to her head.

But still, Diddy should have been professional and sat down(without attitude) and address the problems he had with her and any other members.
He approached the situation childishly and destroyed an up and coming group.
I thought it was a publicity stunt, but after watching the live finale it seemed pretty real.

Also adding to the list of groups/artist that he screwed up:
G-Dep
Total
Carl Thomas
Black Rob
Craig Mack
Kane
Mase
Shyne
Mario Winans and probably a bunch more.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM

304 posts, read 856,529 times
New Edition
Dream
Faith Evans

Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Diddy was a horrible performer who rode in on the coattails of the far more talented Biggie and is also a crap producer. almost every single music artist/group he's managed has failed. at this point, Diddy is just the hip hop version of Paris Hilton, really only famous b/c he's famous and has money and does crazy things like change his name every other year and create reality TV shows

frankly, I didn't have much hope for Danity Kane anyways since they were a product not only of a reality TV show, but b/c they were being managed by Diddy.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
Diddy is a fool. He did not like aubrey because she Kept it real with him.She did not bite her tounge for anyone.ALL the other girls are his lap dogs.

Danity Kane is garbage now!!!Nice knowing yalll!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Diddy is a fool. He did not like aubrey because she Kept it real with him.She did not bite her tounge for anyone.ALL the other girls are his lap dogs.

Danity Kane is garbage now!!!Nice knowing yalll!!!
I totally agree with that.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Diddy was a horrible performer who rode in on the coattails of the far more talented Biggie and is also a crap producer. almost every single music artist/group he's managed has failed. at this point, Diddy is just the hip hop version of Paris Hilton, really only famous b/c he's famous and has money and does crazy things like change his name every other year and create reality TV shows

frankly, I didn't have much hope for Danity Kane anyways since they were a product not only of a reality TV show, but b/c they were being managed by Diddy.
I know right! I'm trying to figure out what in the world is he famous for except for back in the 1990s! He hasn't done anything but put groups together and break hearts and dreams in the long run. I don't feel he knows just what kind of damage he does to people when he just abruptly ends successful music groups he has managed. Those are people who have risked college, family, kids, job opportunities, dreams, etc. He just doesn't realize that some of those groups he assembles don't have anything to fall back on or come back too if nothing works out!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
He really is. As far as the group goes, they were formed together, and they wont be the same again.
Aubrey seems sweet and fun, but she needs to change her image.
She was busy promoting herself instead of her group. Fame got to her head.

But still, Diddy should have been professional and sat down(without attitude) and address the problems he had with her and any other members.
He approached the situation childishly and destroyed an up and coming group.
I thought it was a publicity stunt, but after watching the live finale it seemed pretty real.

Also adding to the list of groups/artist that he screwed up:
G-Dep
Total
Carl Thomas
Black Rob
Craig Mack
Kane
Mase
Shyne
Mario Winans and probably a bunch more.
Wow he really broke up all those groups!? What an idiot!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:04 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
Shannon Bex left the group!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Shannon Bex left the group!!!
yup, another Diddy group bites the dust
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV