Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,395 times

Advertisements

I was wondering the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times
Pretty sure Gus was talking about giving in to the cartel's demands.

Did anyone else think Walt was going to smoke the "lucky" cigarette by mistake when Jesse offered him the pack?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:05 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
I think Mike's ear looks worse every week.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Walt is an idiot. I can't stand his character anymore.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
As much as I will miss it when it's over, I'm glad that the show will most likely never "jump the shark" and that we can be assured of a proper ending to the story. I'd rather have 5 quality seasons that the cast & crew can be proud of than have the show drag on past its natural conclusion...plus with the lifestyle Walt & Jesse are living, it's hard to imagine sustaining it longterm!
I very much agree.
I spent most of last night watching episodes 7, 8 and 9.
Whew. That was a lot to take in.
And I'm glad there is one more season, but relieved that they will go out on top rather than try to sustain the meth merry-go-round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Me too.
I was never a big fan of this actress (even in Deadwood) but who knows where the creators will take us with this. Sometimes I liked Skylar, sometimes not,been all over the board with her.

I like Mike. What a swell guy for a hit man
I like Mike the Fixer, too.
For me, not all characters need to be likeable or sensible for a show to work, Skylar kinda cracks me up. She's always got an angle going. (I found her interesting in Deadwood, too.)

Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,304,786 times
Great news! BrBa's run will be 6 Seasons:

Breaking Bad Star Aaron Paul Spills Show Will End After Six Seasons, Not Five! - E! Online

Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM

That was THE MOST AWESOME episode EVER!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,848,791 times
I've almost gotten to where I'm more interested in Gus than Walt and his family.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I've almost gotten to where I'm more interested in Gus than Walt and his family.
Totally agree! Jesse, Gus and Mike are where the show's at. Walt's family is a total bore. I could have done without every scene and storyline about Walt's family yesterday. If I never saw the family again---Walt getting killed, Skylar going to prison---I wouldn't miss any of them.

I finally believe that Gus "saw" something in Jesse. He was very proud of how Jesse he handled himself. He placed his bets on the right guy. If he had taken Walt to Mexico, it would have gone very badly because Walt doesn't have the good sense to know when to keep his mouth shut and when to talk sh*t. Jesse is smarter than Walt. And Walt is crazy if he thinks Jesse is going to kill Gus now.

Jesse is in no danger whatsoever. If he gets Gus and Mike out of Mexico alive, Jesse is as valuable as gold to Gus. But Jesse won't do it to get ahead, he'll do it because it's the right thing to do. Think about it, this is the perfect opportunit for Jesse to get rid of Gus and Mike but he won't.

I've always respected Jesse. I've rarely had respect for Walt.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I finally believe that Gus "saw" something in Jesse. He was very proud of how Jesse he handled himself. He placed his bets on the right guy.

I've always respected Jesse. I've rarely had respect for Walt.
Yes.
Remember when Jesse told Walt "Don't do this" in regard to getting rid of Gale?

Having said that, I don't have to respect a character to be enthralled by a tv program, and BB's subject matter is fairly "out there." I mean, severed heads on crawling tortoises, guys walking through parking lots with hatchets etc etc.

The family plotlines kind of offset the more violent stuff. One aspect that I like about BB is that one minute everybody is drinking wine by the pool, but at any second the scene will shift to shoplifting at a fancy store, or meth dealing outside a rehab meeting.

Vince Gilligan (BB creator) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) were on NPR today.
I especially enjoyed Paul's interview.
Jesse was supposed to be killed off during the first season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV