Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,436,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
WHAT?? You dont find Bryon sexy?
You must have forgotten him in Malcom

myLot - Malcolm In The Middle!
Admittedly I've never watched Malcolm, but even in this pic you attached, I see the same aloofness in Cranston. Maybe a personal thing? People have different tastes. Cranston doesn't strike me as having that sexy charisma. Braniac - yes, drama roles - yes, eiither hero or villain - yes, -- but him trying to straddle Gunn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,585,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Admittedly I've never watched Malcolm, but even in this pic you attached, I see the same aloofness in Cranston. Maybe a personal thing? People have different tastes. Cranston doesn't strike me as having that sexy charisma. Braniac - yes, drama roles - yes, eiither hero or villain - yes, -- but him trying to straddle Gunn
I am with ya there.The picture was a joke.She was removing his back hair (next to the kids eating breakfast.)He was anything but aloof in Malcom, but constantly over the top goofy.
I wouldnt want to ''straddle'' him -but think he is an excellent actor.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:35 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,585,612 times
Does AMC show an "encore" of the Sunday nite episodes anytime?
Thanks

Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Does AMC show an "encore" of the Sunday nite episodes anytime?
Thanks
They do, I watched it again yesterday. I just got lucky channel surfing, I don't know what the schedule is.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,452,909 times
Quote:
Anyone else finds it fascinating that the very PURPOSE of meth is avoided - the cooking is going on like any other job, they are removed from the effects of meth on people and families.
Do you mean the writers are avoiding the purpose or the characters avoiding the purpose?

I think the show has done a very good job in showing the trickle down effects that the blue meth has had on people. The "Peekaboo" episode with the little boy in the fetid conditions is one of my favorite (and hard to watch) episodes for that reason. Likewise, we've seen Wendy the meth-addled prostitute, Jesse's girlfriend's little brother who killed Combo and was killed by Gus' dealers...and of course Jesse's own addition and Jane's death (though that was heroin...still). So it's been a little while, but I think the writers have done a good job of reminding us of the horrible effects the drug has on people, especially innocent people like children.

Quote:
PS: I love Jessie! It's hard to believe that Aaron Paul doesn't have a job lined up for him (he said recently that he would be unemployed soon, no one is snatching up this actor).
Yes, I can't understand that either. He's proven to be an amazing actor with all kinds of depth.

Quote:
Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting what's gonna happen re: Jesse and the kid. Will he quit the trade? Will he go to DEA? At times, I found it too pointed on the part of the creators to stress Jesse's weakness for kids (crying because of the drug seller kid on the bicycle, taking care of the toddler in the "skunk" house with ATM, breaking up with Andrea to protect her son Brock, crying thinking that Brock might have smoked the ricin) ---- while at the same time he's got his own kid brother who he seems doesn't pay attention to at all ? This kid brother had started smoking pot (the parents thought it was Jesse and threw him out) - doesn't chime together with Jesse trying protect kids from drugs.
You bring up a good point on Jesse's brother. You'd think he would have tried to make contact with him at some point because they seemed like they were close before his parents tried to separate them. I guess we can chalk that up to his parents, but maybe Jesse sort of believes that he woudl be, indeed, a bad influence on his brother and maybe he's trying to protect him by keeping his distance.

Quote:
(Besides, why Walt can be threatened with harming his family, but Jesse's weakness is never exploited? He can be threatened with harm to his own brother, for example)>
That's a good point too.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:32 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,974,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

I'm sure this has been discussed but I find Jesse's objections to killing kids funny. He has no problem making a drug that will clearly be abused and will cause not just abusers but innocent people to be killed. But kill someone right in front of him and he gets all bent out of shape.

People get killed driving and riding in cars too but I am sure people that work at assembly plants get upset when kids die too. They create a product and how people use or abuse that product is their own fault just like any other product in the world.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I, too, find the part of Skyler written poorly. She was pretty smart helping with laundering money, she knew Walt was cooking drugs, she knew he was running around facing dangers, coming home with beaten up face. Then suddenly she gets all depressed and "scared" and cannot function. The very same lady who put up a "dumb blonde" show for an IRS agent? Who was ordering the lawyer around? Who concocted the contaminated soil fraud to make the owner to sell? Who was vacuuming hundreds of thousands of dollars in clothing packages? Who was ringing non-stop fake customer receipts on the car wash? You can't be half criminal, you either are or ain't.

Everyone has their breaking point. There is a big difference between the things you mention and putting a bomb in a nursing home that killed three people.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Since I seems to occupy this thread this morning - one more thought:

Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting what's gonna happen re: Jesse and the kid. Will he quit the trade? Will he go to DEA? At times, I found it too pointed on the part of the creators to stress Jesse's weakness for kids (crying because of the drug seller kid on the bicycle, taking care of the toddler in the "skunk" house with ATM, breaking up with Andrea to protect her son Brock, crying thinking that Brock might have smoked the ricin) ---- while at the same time he's got his own kid brother who he seems doesn't pay attention to at all ? This kid brother had started smoking pot (the parents thought it was Jesse and threw him out) - doesn't chime together with Jesse trying protect kids from drugs.

(Besides, why Walt can be threatened with harming his family, but Jesse's weakness is never exploited? He can be threatened with harm to his own brother, for example)>

How do you know he isnt in contact with his brother? It's not like this is EdTV and they are following Jesse around 24-7. His brother isnt important to the storyline so adding him in would be pointless.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:36 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,436,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Do you mean the writers are avoiding the purpose or the characters avoiding the purpose?
I mean that neither cook or their families are personally affected by meth (or particularly, their own blue meth). The effects happened to someone else in this show, it really never affected them personally; that's why I think the crescendo will be (should be) the very same substance they cook affecting their loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
How do you know he isnt in contact with his brother?
Because 50% of the show is Walt's family life. As for Jesse - he's lonely, then heart-breaking lonely, then bone-chilling-lonely, then "I don't care" lonely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
That's a good point too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
His brother isnt important to the storyline so adding him in would be pointless.
For example, Gus - seemingly an unusual instance for this mastermind - allowed himself to be manipulated by Jesse into keeping Walt alive ("I won't be cooking without Mr. White.") With his clout, Gus could have intimidated Jesse: your brother or Walt.

Last edited by nuala; 08-17-2012 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Because 50% of the show is Walt's family life. As for Jesse - he's lonely, then heart-breaking lonely, then bone-chilling-lonely, then "I don't care" lonely.
This show is about Walter White, not really Jesse. There is already enough characters on the show. For all we know, Jesse still talks or sees his brother.

Quote:
For example, Gus - seemingly an unusual instance for this mastermind - allowed himself to be manipulated by Jesse into keeping Walt alive ("I won't be cooking without Mr. White.") With his clout, Gus could have intimidated Jesse: your brother or Walt.
Gus could have done a lot of things. That still doesnt indicate whether or not Jesse has contact with his brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV