Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Every time Walt's life has truly been in danger (hiding out in the desert with Tuco, when Mike sent Gus to kill him) he begs, lies, snivels, sells out his friends, whatever it takes to survive. Walt only shows courage when he believes he's holding all the cards. Walt is a calculator. When he adds up his advantages against his adversaries, if his sum is more, he'll step up. But if he thinks his adversary has more, he'll beg and cry and lie. He's a coward.

Hank isn't. Hank is the kind of guy that even if he thinks he's going to lose, he'll fight anyway. Walt wouldn't.
It sounds like for Walt to be courageous enough for you, he would have been killed 10 times by now. We'll have to agree to disagree, Walt's courage and bravado have been his most important traits in his success in the meth industry. Otherwise he would either be long dead, or out of the business after a few cooks out of the RV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
I might be one of the few people left still rooting for Walt - I agree that it is very difficult to make the case that he is a coward. He has put his life on the line several times to protect the people he cares about - most often Jesse.

Loved the final scene with Hank - Walt could have easily kept on walking away from the garage but pride got in the way. He needed to look into Hank's eyes and tell him (in his own way) that he was Heisenberg.

I'm rooting for Walt Sr. as well.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:50 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,289 times
Quote:
Every time Walt's life has truly been in danger (hiding out in the desert with Tuco, when Mike sent Gus to kill him) he begs, lies, snivels, sells out his friends, whatever it takes to survive. Walt only shows courage when he believes he's holding all the cards. Walt is a calculator. When he adds up his advantages against his adversaries, if his sum is more, he'll step up. But if he thinks his adversary has more, he'll beg and cry and lie. He's a coward.

Hank isn't. Hank is the kind of guy that even if he thinks he's going to lose, he'll fight anyway. Walt wouldn't.

LOL, Really?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Default Piecing it together

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I thought she had her own place and Jesse had his house. I think Jesse just spent a lot of time at her place at one point.
My husband has just started watching this show and I've watched a few with him. He's marathoning through the whole thing and recorded last night's.

But to answer this question, I thought Jesse's girlfriend died. Seems like he was upset and said he actually loved her? How did that happen? I didn't actually see her die, the last time I saw her they had just started shooting heroin with ice and Walt had to break down the door to get the blue from under the sink.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM

299 posts, read 255,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
With the "foreshadowing" scenes, it is obvious that Walk does not die of cancer any time soon. It would take at least a year or two (IMHO) for the house to end up in the condition we see.

So why did Walk come back for the ricin? What is the deal with the large gun in the trunk? (Of course there are rhetorical questions meant for promoting discussion). Guess we will find out a week at a time......
It's definitely been less than a year between the current events on the show and the foreshadowing scenes. In the Season 5 part 1, Walt celebrated his 51st birthday halfway through the season, based on how much money Walt made before the end of last season I think it's safe to say that several, if not more, months have passed since that birthday. During breakfast in the first scene last year, Walt breaks the bacon into a 52 on his plate meaning it's his 52nd birthday. I'm guessing that six months have taken place between the different scenes.

I'm curious who Walt is going after too. Based on his weapons, it appears he needs finesse to kill one person (via the ricin) and then brute force to kill a bunch of people. I'm not sure if the gun is needed for revenge or to rescue someone. Based on Lydia's exchange with Walt and then Skylar it wouldn't surprise me to see her group take some sort of action against the family to get Walt to come back and cook some more. It could also be some of his partners from Phoenix or even some of Gus' old friends from Chile. Don Eladio saved Gus when he killed his friend because "he knew who Gus was" back in Chile, I keep expecting for them to follow up on that storyline but they haven't yet.

I really enjoyed the first episode, the last scene especially was intense. Great acting by both guys, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 AM

299 posts, read 255,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
My husband has just started watching this show and I've watched a few with him. He's marathoning through the whole thing and recorded last night's.

But to answer this question, I thought Jesse's girlfriend died. Seems like he was upset and said he actually loved her? How did that happen? I didn't actually see her die, the last time I saw her they had just started shooting heroin with ice and Walt had to break down the door to get the blue from under the sink.
Jessie's first girlfriend died when she started throwing up and Walt didn't help her. His second girlfriend left at the beginning of last season because Walt thought she was a loose end and convinced Jesse to end it with her.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:

Say my name!!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Hand clap****brilliant ****
Thank You Vince for blessing us with a great season premier.
Jessie: Post Traumatic stress and he's going to bring everybody down.
Walt: 1. Ricin is to kill Jessie or Lydia
Hank: 2. Hank is going to die in the next 3 episodes(He's dealing with a illrational Man)
Lydia: I wonder who's making the crappy meth? She's just going to blame Walt.
Skyler:3. Is smarter than walt,sniffing out Lydia was too funny.
4.Low winter Sun is too weird for me,I gave it a chance.
1) Its hard to say who the Ricin is for, could be for anyone at this point. Even Walt could use it on himself.
2) I don't think Hank will die and if he does I would think he is smart enough to leave behind a trail that leads to Walt. I honestly am kind of routing for Hank now lol.
3) She is smarter in some aspects but I feel a tiny part of her still loves him and can't betray him and Walt still loves Skyler a little too.
4) I agree even though I only watched the first ten minutes or so until I got the preview of next weeks Breaking Bad episode then I turned it off. Didn't seem very entertaining IMO.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I am a retiree from law enforcement. I don't like Hank. Not that I like Walt..... At this point I don't like Jesse either. I'm rooting for Walt Jr.
Lol I actually feel as if Walter Jr will have the biggest role in the death of someone. He is the only normalcy left in Walts life and the only one who still sees Walt as entirely good, but for how long and who will break the news?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
BB is exceptional by its self it will be hard to wait each week for the next episode since I've always power watched it on Netflix. How unique they did next week's preview at the first commercial of the following show. Which I didn't really like that show.

After that show was over they had a 'live' talk show with the creator Vince Gilligan and the blonde chick from Modern family. (sorry I'm terrible with names) She monopolized the conversation mostly I would have liked to hear Vince talk more. I guess they are having this live chat weekly to discuss the episodes.

Last night's episode not a bad part in the whole hour. Enjoyed everybody here thoughts on it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV