Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,275 times

Advertisements

Laura Fraser (Lydia) does not impress me as an actress. I don't care about her character at all...compared to Gus, who was one of the best villains I've ever seen on tv. Todd isn't much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
So far, at least, how Walt was able to "retire" from cooking after the commitment he made to Lydia has not been touched on. I can't imagine that any of the parties involved just gave him a retirement party and said "good luck". I just watched an episode of The Sopranos where one of Toni's soldiers had an inheritance from an Aunt of two million and wanted to retire from the mob to Florida with his young family. Not allowed..... He ended up hanging himself.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:29 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Wow!
Last night episode just proved how out of touch walt really is.***smh***
1)Walt
If he would of just picked up the phone when Skyler called,he would have avoided the headache of moving the money.Also he would had gotten an incite into what hank really knows vs.what he can prove.

2)Lydia,Lydia,Lydia
Aligning herself with Todd and his uncle was pretty smart but foolish and very knee jerk.
The knee jerk is typical Lydia so i am not surprised.
I have a strange feeling after all 8 episode when the dust settles,Lydia is still going to be alive and well "like a cockroach".Now i see the reason why Mike wanted her gone.

3)Jesse
Jesse took everything he learned from Gus and Mike and threw it away.
The Jesse we knew in the first 5 1/2 season(yea B***h!) may be competently gone.
We'll find out on Sunday how far gone he is.

4)Hank
Hank is so wrap up in this case that he doesn't care about losing his job.He's even willing to use his wife/sister in law to do his dirty work.That deal he made with the guys interrogating Jesse proved that hank only cares about hank.
Skylers quote
Quote:
"Hank, you telling me not to talk to a lawyer doesn't sound like that. It sounds like what you want is to get Walt at all costs."
5)Declan
The most deserved death on breaking bad since Tuco.Declan was given a billion dollars worth of Methylene Chloride and all he had to do was keep Todd cooking.
So to save a few dollars he fires Todd,and then goes back to making sub par meth.**smh***
Declan was a cheap bastard,not very smart and got what was coming to him.

6)Skyler
Every episode she's proving more and more how gangsta she is
Her asking hank,"am i under arrest"was heads up of her.She saw right though hank bulls#!t and knew he had nothing.I can't help but think if walt involved Skyler a little sooner in the operation things might be a little different.Look for Skyler to do her first murder in the next 3 episodes

Todd his uncle and the Czech's are now running the show.It's going to be interesting to see how long thats going to last.
I still think hank is going to die or end up in Belize.

Last edited by hitman619; 08-19-2013 at 06:45 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
3)Jesse
Jesse took everything he learned from Gus and Mike and threw it away.
The Jesse we knew in the first 5 1/2 season(yea B***h!) may be competently gone.
We'll find out on Sunday how far gone he is.
Jesse simply wants to die at this point. He's so consumed by guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
4)Hank
Hank is so wrap up in this case that he doesn't care about losing his job.He's even willing to use his wife/sister in law to do his dirty work.That deal he made with the guys interrogating Jesse proved that hank only cares about hank.
Oh, I don't think that's true at all. He is obsessed, but he's honestly trying to help Skylar and the kids. He has no clue how deep Skylar is in. I think Marie actually one-upped him on that one. When Marie belted Skylar, that was the first time I've ever cheered for Marie; well done! If Hank was only looking out for Hank, he would have taken Walt's advice and let this go. Walt will likely be dead in 6 months. Everyone at the DEA thinks Heisenberg is Hank's white whale. If Hank just wanted to further his career, he'd let this go. The fact that he can't shows that, imperfect as Hank is in many many ways, he still is essentially a just man. In fact, he's pretty much the only main character with any integrity left.

I still think Lydia is going to be the cause of most of the downfall. She's too stupid and cowardly to be an effective drug lord. In the real world, people like her are only successful in Congress or as corporate CEOs.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Jesse simply wants to die at this point. He's so consumed by guilt.
True
We have seen Jesse act this before and he usually snaps out of it!
Although last time Gus and Mike brought him out of it

Quote:
Oh, I don't think that's true at all. He is obsessed, but he's honestly trying to help Skylar and the kids. He has no clue how deep Skylar is in.
If hank was really trying to help Skyler he has a crazy way of showing it!
His first response was to shove a voice recorder in front of her,and have her tell him what she knows about walt
Quote:
obsessed - having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something
Hank is more concerned about this case then his own famliy.His wife was a klepto and his sister/brother law is a meth kingpin.
Quote:
I still think Lydia is going to be the cause of most of the downfall. She's too stupid and cowardly to be an effective drug lord. In the real world, people like her are only successful in Congress or as corporate CEOs.
I think walt is going to be the cause of most the downfall.He should had killed Lydia when he had the chance.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
I think Jesse has one more comeback in him - Hank is his bi@tch!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,128 times
what was the deal about the lottery ticket on the fridge that Walt looked at when he came home?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM

299 posts, read 255,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
what was the deal about the lottery ticket on the fridge that Walt looked at when he came home?
That shows the GPS coordinates of where he buried the money. When he went back to the house the fridge was gone and Walt barely noticed so he must have already retrieved the ticket or the money.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
That shows the GPS coordinates of where he buried the money. When he went back to the house the fridge was gone and Walt barely noticed so he must have already retrieved the ticket or the money.
Ahhh...very clever,thx

Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
"Fly" was the worst episode of the entire series IMO. Definitely a bad one to start on.

I get why the writers did that episode --- but it was a pretty boring setup, all the same.
I didn't like it at first either but now it is the reason I think Jesse will be the one to kill Walt.
With the "jane" contamination of Walt, the day before her death being Walt's chosen day to have died.
The filthy fly in Walt's lab and life, then Jessie kills the fly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV