Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
They probably didn't want Tara to say anything or do anything that might give us an idea of how she would behave in order to create suspense and get people talking/speculating about what this new Tara would be like.

Sookie's not exactly a rocket scientist, but even she should have noticed that when she dug up Massive Head Wound Tara, she no longer had half her face blown off. That could only mean she was healing and ready to rock.
LOL, nice Saturday Night Live reference.

Maybe Tara died before she Pam arrived so her soul/consciousness left her body. Tara was acting out-of-character. The newly-created vampires on the show retain their old personalities from what I can tell and, of course, vampires who are 1000 or several hundred years old would definitely change personalities over time. Jessica is the only new one I can think of though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
Watched the premiere last night (if it wasn't for DVRs we'd all have a ton of video tapes in our houses). Liked it. Curious to see what Russel and the wolf pack's next moves will be. Just like the end of the straight to video sequel to 30 Days of Night, Sookie and Lafayette screwed up. They didn't bring back Tara. They brought back a mindless monster. There's going to be a lot of death unless Tara's brain completely heals and she comes all the way back. And if she does she's gonna be pissed that she's a vampire

And I hope I'm not alone in hoping the were-panthers are permanently out of the picture

Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Watched the premiere last night (if it wasn't for DVRs we'd all have a ton of video tapes in our houses). Liked it. Curious to see what Russel and the wolf pack's next moves will be. Just like the end of the straight to video sequel to 30 Days of Night, Sookie and Lafayette screwed up. They didn't bring back Tara. They brought back a mindless monster. There's going to be a lot of death unless Tara's brain completely heals and she comes all the way back. And if she does she's gonna be pissed that she's a vampire

And I hope I'm not alone in hoping the were-panthers are permanently out of the picture
I completely agree with all of this. Because she was so badly injured and probably already dead, they couldn't just heal her and she had to be "turned". She suffered brain trauma so most likely she is not herself. If you're familiar with "Young Frankenstein", when Gene Wilder used the "Abby Normal" brain, when the monster woke up he was unable to speak or communicate. A bad brain being brought back to life never seems to work out so well LOL

Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
well back to bump
tara is a vamper and she looks like shes going to kick a**!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:07 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Exactly Mark S.

Spoilery description (very short and not too detailed) of eps 2 and 3

Spoiler
Episode 5.02 – Authority Always Wins
Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps; Pam recalls her human life and first encounter with Eric; Bill and Eric meet Salome at the Vampire Authority headquarters. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 17, 20, 21 and 23

Episode 5.03 – Whatever I Am, You Made Me
Bill and Eric barter for their lives with Roman, the head of the Authority; Jason reunites with his old high school teacher; Sookie searches for Tara. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by David Petrarca.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 24, 27, 28 and 30

Old 06-16-2012, 03:14 PM

672 posts, read 2,113,743 times
For ya'll who've read the books, I wonder if Tara will be a bit like Bubba?

Old 06-17-2012, 01:53 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
For ya'll who've read the books, I wonder if Tara will be a bit like Bubba?
No, she is nothing like Bubba, wouldn't make any sense. Bubba was completely druggged out when he was turned.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:51 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,564 times
Nope. Tara is going to be on P.O'd vampire.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 PM

461 posts, read 911,702 times
I'm a little excited to see her angry. It's got to be better than the Tara post-Eggs murder. I liked her when Eggs was alive. When he was killed? I didn't like her anymore.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I'm really hoping Tara comes into her own and develops her character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV