Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 06:41 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,161,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
You are seriously missing a lot of info without watching season 1, not just about Sookie and Bill, but all of the characters. I think there is a link floating around somewhere if you had extra time. It would be worth your while I think.

Love the #4! LOL Definitely can't take the redneck out of the zombie. And Hoyt's mama was cracking me up.
Definitely needs to watch Season 1.

This is where I watch all my epi's. Good site, no downloads - just pick your epi, then click the button that says "Click to play".

Free-TvShows.com - Watch HBO's latest Hit Show True Blood for Free !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 PM

5,001 posts, read 10,678,013 times
What's the deal with there being "just 2 episodes left"? When does it come back?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 PM

111 posts, read 235,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
What's the deal with there being "just 2 episodes left"? When does it come back?
Unfortunately, not until next summer.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,731,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO READ THE BOOKS!!!

I can't wait for Alcide and Quinn to be introduced! Who do you think should be cast for their parts?
My opinion:
Alcide - David Boreanaz
Quinn - Vin Diesel.
I read sometime ago that Charlaine Harris had Vin Diesel in mind when writing Quinn's character, and that Alan Ball managed to snag him to play that role.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,374,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I read sometime ago that Charlaine Harris had Vin Diesel in mind when writing Quinn's character, and that Alan Ball managed to snag him to play that role.
Wow - that will be HAWT!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,728,297 times
I can't believe only two episodes left either! This season went so fast. Started off slow, but got fantastic very quickly!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM

5,001 posts, read 10,678,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra23 View Post
Unfortunately, not until next summer.
OMG, I just got hooked on this show (spent all weekend watching seasons 1 and 2.) Next summer??!! That is sooooo unfair! Well, at least there's "Mad Men" *lol*

Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,119,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
OMG, I just got hooked on this show (spent all weekend watching seasons 1 and 2.) Next summer??!! That is sooooo unfair! Well, at least there's "Mad Men" *lol*
LOL I know what you mean. I keep telling myself that at least Sons of Anarchy will be back soon.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:48 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,208,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Not the best episode I've seen, but entertaining nonetheless. Of course the first scene was the best IMO... Eric/lips/fangs!

Giesela, I get what you're saying about being over the top, and for any other show I'd agree, but isn't this show just one shark jump after the other - I mean, it's supposed to be ridiculously campy, right?

Anyway, they've introduced the Queen - or at least her bloody leg. I assume she's going to take care of Maryanne and for that I'm happy!
I suppose its a matter of indivdual definition. The series (and yes the series does count otherwise they should have written their own show) was light, sometimes a bit silly, allegorical. So sure you give the TV director the right to change some tone, some facts, etc. leading to a little campy perhaps. But its still your creation, your name will be attached to it forever
I don't think its supposed to be ridiculously campy. I'm not sure it was.
The guy with his face pumping up and down in the girls crotch? Is that camp? The meat Wicker Man? campy or stupid?
All opinions of course. I think the Paris Hilton age is the tgt audience and that happens with TV and movies, perhaps more with books. I wonder if Charlaine Harris really anticipated that.

Last edited by Giesela; 08-25-2009 at 05:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Definitely needs to watch Season 1.

This is where I watch all my epi's. Good site, no downloads - just pick your epi, then click the button that says "Click to play".

Free-TvShows.com - Watch HBO's latest Hit Show True Blood for Free !
Ohhh! Thanks! I saw the recap of season 1 on On Demand (with the producer who went through everyone's storyline and backgrounds). It was about an hour and then I started watching season 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV