Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 06:56 AM

7,305 posts, read 5,434,151 times

Advertisements

I thought the season opener was awesome! If the rest of the season is like this I will be very happy. What did everyone else think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,635,793 times
Loved it! Great start to the season.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 AM

247 posts, read 685,023 times
What was the deal with the whole Bill and Sam scene?? I know it was just a dream, don't need a literal explanation, but seemed like that came out of nowhere.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,635,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
What was the deal with the whole Bill and Sam scene?? I know it was just a dream, don't need a literal explanation, but seemed like that came out of nowhere.
I was thinking that too, hopefully it will tie in later. I was also trying to remember if Sam drank some of Bill's blood? That 'links' them together, or at least it did with Eric and Suki

Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 AM

947 posts, read 3,129,702 times
Sam drank a lot of Bills blood last season during the craziness with the Maenad and the sacrifice. So they are linked pretty strongly.

Great show, amazing how different it is from the books and it is still good to watch.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,401,684 times
I totally agree on the Bill and Sam scene, very weird. Since when is Sam gay? It seemed pointless unless it is somehow tied in later on in the season. Other than that, I loved it, awesome start to the season. I'm very excited!! I also loved how they used real wolves for the werewolf scenes. I can't wait to see the werewolves and how they fit in to the season. Another cool thing is that Alan Ball really listens to the fans and changes things up based on what the fans want, like everyone loves Pam so they have now made her a regular, same with Lafeyette last season. So, did the season premere live up to your expectations? It did for me!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 AM

3,490 posts, read 8,199,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
Suki had dreams about Eric because she drank his blood, now Sam is having dreams about Bill because he drank Bill's blood.
It's that weird link. I thought it was hilarious. Poor Sam seemed very happy to wake up! Lol.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,156,815 times
Gee, I loved the Sam/Bill scene. The writers were just revisiting the connection between the vamp and the human who exchange blood - doesn't matter is you're straight or gay, you'll have sexual fantasies about the vamp, and the vamp will always know where the human is.

What I loved most of all about the premiere was Eric and his new dancer in the basement scene, particularly Eric's hiney... dang!

I have a feeling this season is going to be really good!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM

3,490 posts, read 8,199,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Gee, I loved the Sam/Bill scene. The writers were just revisiting the connection between the vamp and the human who exchange blood - doesn't matter is you're straight or gay, you'll have sexual fantasies about the vamp, and the vamp will always know where the human is.

What I loved most of all about the premiere was Eric and his new dancer in the basement scene, particularly Eric's hiney... dang!

I have a feeling this season is going to be really good!
Exactly - I loved it too!!
So happy the Marianne business is over - great first episode!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,395,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I thought the season opener was awesome! If the rest of the season is like this I will be very happy. What did everyone else think?
It would have been much better if we'd waited for the post-dark showing, and if my wife had made the strawberry shakes with massive red food coloring in them. Despite our failure to create the proper ambience in this way, it was a great show. I shall call upon it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV