Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 04:59 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,512 times

Advertisements

[quote=MissShona;14809731]You are not alone. It is all over Facebook that it is now considered to be one of the most shocking sex scenes from television ever.

I did not read the books, so I can't compare. As gross as the scene was, I think it was a good tool to show that vampires are not just humans with a blood fetish and have the potential to take EVERYTHING to the monsterous extreme (including sex). Personally I get a bit irritated by vampires who mimick humans too much (ehem...'Edward'....ehem 'Alice'.... ).

HBO wouldn't waste time with Alan Ball if he wasn't going to shock people. It's sooo good for ratings! [/quote]

That scene was sick in a good way, I just had to chime in lol!

Can't wait til next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Eric is super hot!

New bodyguard Werewolf is hot!

Pam is really hot this season....baby do me!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Were-woof!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:53 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
That scene was sick in a good way, I just had to chime in lol!

Can't wait til next week
You'll have to wait 2 weeks. No new episode next week. It's the 4th of July. Next new episode is July 11th.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:28 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
You'll have to wait 2 weeks. No new episode next week. It's the 4th of July. Next new episode is July 11th.

That sucks like bad gas, But at least I know now early in the week lol

Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Eric Northman is dumber than Jason. Who in their right mind would send that hunk of specimen to protect Sookie? No, really. You have a thing for Sookie and you send THAT guy to be with her?

I would say, "Now that's what I call a M-A-N"...except, well you know, he's a werewolf.

He didn't sound that hunky in the books...of course, we haven't seen Debbie yet. My opinion of him could change in a flash if he becomes a whimpering werewolf.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Eric's clothes/tastes/dialogue/decisions just can't be beat. He OWNS this season so far....at least IMHO.
He's got to lose the flip flops, the tight black tank and stop dressing like a lounge lizard when he puts on a suit. Having Pam do his hair didn't help, either. As a character, I like him (as well as the whole sidebar vampire blood selling storyline) better than Bill but the wussy look does nothing for him. It's a good thing he owns a vampire bar. He'd never cut it in that werewolf bar. I can't even believe an Alcide would know an Eric.

Is Sheriff Dearborn off the show?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,328 times
Yes,i daily watch this tv-show and it is amazing.If anyone missed any episode then you can watch it on edogo.com.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Little disappointed that they didn't explore the Eric/Godric/Nazi Werewolf thing any further. I was hoping for a little more clarification. However, it may not go anywhere and was just included as filler. Eric was quite clear that he and Godric were NOT Nazi's and that they infiltrated the SS to try and uncover who the vampire was that was leading the werewolves and giving them vamp blood. Since they were undercover, I think that the uniforms were simply stolen as I can't imagine that they could actually join the SS without tipping their hands. "Oh yes, we'd love to join the SS, we just can't do anything during daylight, were more nighttime people..." I think it will be tied back in to the King of Mississippi and the current werewolves and it will be interesting to see what the story was there.

The sex scene between Bill and Lorena was shocking, but I think it was very well done. I think they are trying to show the last vestiges of Bill's humanity dieing. He seems to be desperately clinging to his human side and trying desperately to be human, but it seems to be a losing battle. I also don't think he is on the up and up and I'm not sure that Eric even knows what his true story is. Bill is working for someone and that someone isn't Eric.

It is becoming a bit Twilighty with the werewolves and vampires, but that is an old theme. Also, if I'm not mistaken the Sookie Stackhouse novels predate Twilight by 4 years or so, so if anything Twilight is copying off of those, but the theme itself is older than both of them.

Looking forward to the next episode and seeing what happens. I thought this episode was good, but also routine and seemed to be more about character development than any realizations. They are definitely setting the stage for bigger things to come.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
"Oh yes, we'd love to join the SS, we just can't do anything during daylight, were more nighttime people..."
To say nothing of the pre-induction physical. Even if by war's end the SS were taking anyone with a pulse, they still did not qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV