Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 08:41 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
The Sookie Stackhouse series pre-dates the Twilight books. Not sure what came first...the Twilight movie or the True Blood series though.
True Blood came out before the Twilight movie, by a couple of months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I like this season. I like how they are not strictly following the books. I like Alcide better on the show than in the books. He's sooooooo hunky and I mean than in a physical way. They could use some more actors with some literal meat on their bones. That character is a fine specimen of a manly man as long as he doesn't start whimpering (or howling) over Debbie. Did you know that at one time the actor was a stunt man?

I actually think Bill is a much better character this year away from Sookie. Not that he's a nicer character, just a more interesting one. I want to give a shout out to the director and crew of the episode before the most current one. That scene when Bill walks in to the king's livingroom (I think) in the creme colored jacket to announce he's taking up the King on his offer was shot exceptionally well and Moyer did all of the right physical moves. It reminded me of movies when a confident mobster glides into a room with an entourage of body guards behind him and surveys the scene. Also, they shot him up making the actor look bigger than he actually is. He rocked in that scene. It's so much better than playing Jessica's and Sookie's stern "father."

Franklin is still creepy but he's really interesting, too. The scene of him with Jessica was sooooo good. Not sure about him and Tara.

Jason "blackmailing" Andy though is out of character. He's not smart enough or mean enough to think up something like that. He was just telling Andy he was his best friend and now he's pulling this?

Sam's family ought to put the kabosh on kids looking for their biological parents. Are they the family from hell or what?

I like the vampire blood selling story line and the Queen of Loiusiana vs the King of Mississippi political story line. And anytime we get to see the Magister is fine by me. I really like the Eric conflict.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
Love Sookie's new 'look'

Old 07-12-2010, 11:43 AM

295 posts, read 837,892 times
I have never had the overwhelming desire to lick a man's abs before in my life...until now.

Shirtless man of the week: Joe Manganiello of 'True Blood': Shirtless Man of the Week - Show Patrol

Old 07-12-2010, 01:03 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Jason "blackmailing" Andy though is out of character. He's not smart enough or mean enough to think up something like that. He was just telling Andy he was his best friend and now he's pulling this?

Sam's family ought to put the kabosh on kids looking for their biological parents. Are they the family from hell or what?
Yeah, it's hard to believe Jason would pull that. I mean, we already know he's stupid, but if he were that stupid Sookie would have to dress him in the morning.

Sam's family, and their kind, are the reason I've never wanted to seek out my own 'long losts' or be found by them. It's not always fun. A lot of times, life was sparing you a lot of pain, and you go and circumvent the barrier life set up for you? Nice move.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
I have never had the overwhelming desire to lick a man's abs before in my life...until now.

Shirtless man of the week: Joe Manganiello of 'True Blood': Shirtless Man of the Week - Show Patrol

No tattoos, either!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:06 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
Love Sookie's new 'look'

That was great and her "I can kick some serious azz" line!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Why start a new thread? There are several already. I liked season 1, hated 2 and won't watch 3 because of their use of real wolves.
I was so glad that you initially brought this up b/c I hadn't thought about it. I actually remembered this point during last night's ep when the wolf licked the brand on Denise's shoulder--it was just wrong to make an animal do that I am definitely not watching anymore, this season sucks (teehee) anyway

Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
I actually like Bill's maker, though she cramps Sookeh's style big time. I guess it's just that I admire the way the actress is able to go total vamp in two different senses.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
No tattoos, either!
After looking at your link I give two thumbs up to whoever made the decision to change his hair style and add the face hair.

I know a fairly well known actor and when he has to take off his shirt he said they hide his rather large tattoo (family member names) with make-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV