Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM

2,539 posts, read 3,723,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
This was answered just a couple of pages back; it's from being up in the daytime...something called 'the bleeds' (sorry that I didn't quote).
Is that really what it is though? Not that I doubt you, but there was one scene of Lorena torturing Bill which was clearly during the day (as evidence by Debbie and Kooter bursting in suddenly and the sun shining from the door startled Lorena), but I don't see her bleeding like Eric or the Queen. Granted Lorena was crying tears of blood all over her face so it's kinda difficult to determine. Plus the bleeding scene only appears when Hadley is around.

Maybe I'm over analyzing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,678,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Is that really what it is though? Not that I doubt you, but there was one scene of Lorena torturing Bill which was clearly during the day (as evidence by Debbie and Kooter bursting in suddenly and the sun shining from the door startled Lorena), but I don't see her bleeding like Eric or the Queen. Granted Lorena was crying tears of blood all over her face so it's kinda difficult to determine. Plus the bleeding scene only appears when Hadley is around.

Maybe I'm over analyzing this?
Bill talked about the "bleeds" last season when Lorena kept him up and they were unable to take sleep and Hadley was not around.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,763,012 times
Another great episode (you gotta love DVR. How did we live without it for all these years?). Something told me from the begininning Crystal was not human. Question is what is she? For that matter what is Sookie? And what are Bill's intentions toward her because there's to be more to it than love. So many questions that I hope will be answered before season's end

Old 08-11-2010, 06:44 AM

947 posts, read 3,134,969 times
Crystal sniffs the air pretty good and has great hearing. Wolf? Shifter? Her boyfriend that came looking for her at Merlots knew that Sam and his brother were shifters and he looked down at them for it.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:08 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,907,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Uhhh....well it is HBO. Perhaps reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer would be more your speed?
Never watched that show but Season's One and Two of True Blood didn't have so much pooling, squirting, goopiness, splatter, soaking as this Season 3 does and some could argue that they have yet to top Season 1. Perhaps it is because in Season 1, the deceased weren't mostly vampires so they didn't make as big of a mess when they died. We didn't see the Rattray's die. We didn't see "Gran" get killed. We didn't see the waitresses get killed but they were choked. We didn't see the uncle get chomped on. The dead vamps in the burning house - we only saw the aftermath - we didn't see them die. Amy didn't die in a puddle of blood because if I remember correctly, she was strangled. I don't remember Longshadow's death as a gusher of goopy blood splattered all over everyone in the room in Fangtasia and pooled on the floor. Rene's death wasn't messy. Only Eddie's death was pretty messy.

In Season 2, Eric made a mess in the torture basement room flip flopping around in the blood. The pulling the hearts out of people (and eating them) was creepy but not still not the bloody mess and excesses of this current season. Both Carl and Eggs had a hole in their head. Miss Janet was already dead when they found her and didn't even make a mess in Andy's car. Maryann got gored but I don't recall splatter and pooling and you know, nobody licked anybody's blood off the ground. Godric didn't get staked and Luke didn't leave a pool of blood. As a matter of fact, when the bomb went off in Godrics house and all of those vampires died, I don't remember it being one big puddle of goopy blood.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,768,358 times
Great episode tonight! Bill is starting to redeem himself.

Oh, and now Franklin is dead!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,997,089 times
I think Talbot's death pushed Russell into madness. It was kind of funny/sad to see him talking to Talbot's remains in the dish.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,408,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Bill talked about the "bleeds" last season when Lorena kept him up and they were unable to take sleep and Hadley was not around.
Yes, you are right, the "bleeds" have nothing to do with Hadley. Vamps get the "bleeds" when they don't rest/sleep during the day. They can stay up during the day as long as they are out of the light but it makes them weak and they bleed spontaneously from the ears, nose, ect. This was explained last season. Hope that helps to answer your questions.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,768,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I think Talbot's death pushed Russell into madness. It was kind of funny/sad to see him talking to Talbot's remains in the dish.
Yep...pretty much. For a 3,000 year old guy, his behavior was pretty ridiculous with that TV stunt.

My mother and I were debating if Russell is aware that Eric is the one specifically who killed Talbot. I say the Russell does not know...in that he is not thinking very straight right now (but I'm not saying that he won't figure it out). My mom says he does know since he eyed the curio cabinet with the missing crown in it while cleaning up Talbot's remains.

I feel like the Authority is the wild card here. If everyone can stack up against Russell...then they have a chance to bring him down. If not...well...

They are drawing it out soooo long in regards to what Sookie is and what Crystal is. C'mon people...there are only 3 episodes left in the season; get on with it!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,628,202 times
maybe someone who has read the books can give us a little info without giving the entire plot away!
I think Crystal is a panther or some other predator cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV