U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 PM

22,999 posts, read 17,958,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes I agree last night's challenge was awesome I doubt I could make a dish the same way with just a counter of ingredients to go by as well.

After watching the rerun of last night's show I am wondering if Jamie not being able to butcher the meat that Hosea showed her how didn't play a part. Although it is supposed to be on the dish you served that episode.

Leah even more should have already been gone long ago after really watching the rerun. I agree Tom seems to not like her and after last night I am not favoring Hosea as much any more. I hope it comes down to Stefan, Carla and Fabio. Stefan has shown overall better skills but his attitude hangs me up I just can't see him representing Top Chef.

The prize was awesome LauraC! Did Gail's blog say if she was coming back as a judge?
She's out for the season. I actually like Toby Young because he's an eater not a chef. His perspective is totally on the final outcome (what does it taste like...period) whereas I think the "chef judges" get hung up sometimes on procedure/technique and what they do in the kitchen. I like Gail, too.

But I think how great it is for Stefan to have won the prize he won. I'm thinking that opportunity was presented because he wowed Ripert not that it was a planned prize for whoever won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 03:05 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,537,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
OMG I fell asleep after the quickfire. I woke up just to see Jamie being eliminated!

Darn-my work got so d--n busy that I'm too tired at night!

But I was shocked to see Jamie leave-Couldn't believe it!
I wasn't. Her dish was awful. I mean, she sent it out KNOWING it was awful, and she kept complaining about how it was her least favorite dish, so what I got from her, was an "I don't care" attitude.

Leah, who yeah, should be long gone, at least admitted she should not have given up in the QF, and said she learned her lesson from it....well bravo, but still she needs to be the next to go.

Fabio, don't care how charming he is, he can't cook his way out of a box.

While they were enjoying their magnificent lunch, their palates should have been working over time.....the only ones who 'got it' were Stefan, Carla, and Fabio, but still Fabio can't pull of another win.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,404,071 times
Jamie's negative comments about Chef Ripert's fish dishes had me rolling my eyes last night. Please - this coming from Miss Scallop USA, it was laughable!

I'm thrilled that Carla did well - that challenge seemed to be her niche. I'm crossing my fingers for her to make the final four.

Now, if we all close our eyes and make a wish, maybe Leah will be packing her knives next Wednesday. I just can't stand the whining anymore!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,508,032 times
Talking a video of Tom talking about this season

I thought this video was sort of cute; but then I think Tom is a cutie
Apparently there are no spoilers and apparently it was filmed some time ago due to the reference of a chef who is no longer a contender.

Andy and Tom in New Orleans | Bravo TV Official Site

Old 02-05-2009, 09:06 PM

3,796 posts, read 5,472,735 times
Ich liebe Stefan! I like Carla and Fabio too!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 PM

17,116 posts, read 12,436,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I don't get it either Leah should have packed her knives. Love factor or not this is a cooking competition this is really ticking me off. Sorry I could do better than Leah has done this season!

Oh BTW I can't stand this new judge I really can't. I am glad Tom kind of put it back to him when he told him he didn't understand how difficult this challenge was to execute.
I can't believe Leah is still here either....has she ever really done anything well? It seems to me she just kind of skates by being "not the worst" each week. And she never takes any responsiblility. That has got to count for something! I can't stand this new judge either - he is sooo snarky!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,541,819 times
Leah so should have gone. Not only does she not take responsibility but at least Hosea and Jamie could explain what they did wrong and how they would fix it. Leah just stumbled around and then said she didn't know how to fix her problem, and she also didn't even know how to make the sauce. Based on judges' comments, it should have been her. This is why I totally think the producers made this decision.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,578,695 times
The comment about judge Toby being snarky got me to thinking. It is good to make comments on the food but it seems I don't like it when he downgrades the chefs personally. It just rubs me the wrong way when anybody slams others I guess. Hate the sin but not the sinner I suppose.

Then.................... I got to thinking about how I "judge" the chefs on here with the attitudes, love choices and unsanitary practices. So I apologize for being so disgruntled with Toby. I do like the point LauraC pointed out about him not being a chef. I believe it was her that schooled me last season about me saying Padma shouldn't be there either.

That is why I love C-D it opens my mind to other opinions besides mine that helps me grow as a person. I love reading what other's takes are on things I see or know. Thanks for sharing everybody!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,578,695 times
Just read my last post I want to clarify something please. I am not saying nobody shouldn't post their opinions, shoot I bet I will post a personal attack/opinion myself on a chef again. Not picking out any posters either in my last post just putting my thoughts in cyberspace.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:30 PM

17,116 posts, read 12,436,862 times
I can't really put my finger on exactly what I don't like about him....he just seems to have an attitude of meanness...like he takes pleasure in his negativity. I don't have a problem with him criticizing the food or personalities if appropriate. He just seems to enjoy it a bit much for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV