U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2007, 05:15 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,321,205 times

Advertisements

I know it's only been about 3 weeks into this Survivor Fiji but it should be long enough now to start forming some thoughts/opinions so I started this thread if anyone wants to discuss this show.

OK, after watching the first few weeks, I'm now wondering since one team has it so comfy and everything seems to come too easy, when the merger finally comes, I'm looking for the final winner to come from the team who is struggling and having to fight to survive in their new environment making the team players tougher. I guess I'll see in the end.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 PM

464 posts, read 528,602 times
I can't believe that the one team has it so good they are just to cocky. I am always routing for the other team to win a challenge.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:41 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,279,913 times
Default Riddle Me This

You apply to go on the show Survivor.

You know, if accepted, you'll be shipped off to some place in the back of beyond with little or nothing to eat or drink.

You also know, if you have an IQ higher than a turnip's, that fire is about the most basic requirement for camp life.

That being said, why the heck would anyone apply to Survivor without having learned the rudimentary skills of starting a fire without matches or flint?

The fire bow technique is relatively easy to learn and apply, and yet we still see all these players sitting around moaning about a lack of fire and purified drinking water.

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:50 AM

893 posts, read 1,680,977 times
Exactly!

I don't like the "luxury" camp. They need to rename the show, that's not "surviving".

Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 PM

And what again was their ("the luxury camp's") purpose for painting their front porch blue? lol.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 PM

2,263 posts, read 3,685,908 times
They said they painted it blue to keep ants away or something like that, lol...

Is there anyone in particular who y'all are rooting for? I kinda like Michelle...she's said some funny things. She's the only one who really sticks out at this point.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:26 PM

266 posts, read 865,175 times
I'm personally rooting for the underdogs. My husband and I have watched virtually every single show since the first season (eep, wow, that sounds pathetic, doesn't it....) and it seems like the underdogs have it way harder than anyone ever did in the earlier shows.

I can't help but like Yao Man (sp?) even though (or perhaps because ) he is a computer geek, and a bit older.

I really felt bad for the older guy who took a hard fall during the "slippery challenge". I don't think the younger people realize just how much a hard fall like that can hurt an older person - they just don't bounce back like more youthful bodies.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM

266 posts, read 865,175 times
Wow, quite the show this week. Way to turn the game around... now their numbers are even. who else thought that Ravu made the STUPIDEST decision EVER on the show, choosing their luxury camp over immunity?? wow, hard to believe.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 PM

893 posts, read 1,680,977 times
Yes that was dumb. If they kept their immunity and kept winning, when the merge came they would have the numbers and could of picked each one of the other team off. Stupid on their part. I can see the reason they probably kept it - having lots of food and other luxuries helps them win - but they were not looking at the big picture.
As for the underdogs - I don't feel sorry for them. They complain about being hungry, well then do something about it. Eat fruit all day long. There is a huge ocean full of fish. Other teams have caught fish before without having hooks. Use your clothes, make a trap out of twigs and or pom froms, just do something! When they did not have fire, they should of been rubbing sticks together daily. Instead they sit around complaining and waiting to win just so they can have the luxury camp and have all their food and such there for them. Again, not looking at the big picture!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:40 PM

Good thing for Yau Man that the 'Luxury Camp Team' didn't decide to switch camps otherwise how would he be able to dig for the hidden immunity idol from the clues that he has. Or, maybe the idol isn't hidden at one of their camps but at the entrance of the Exhile Island. That would make more sense.

I don't know what to think about that Papa Smurf. He seemed to have everything wrong with him until it was time to compete then back to the lay around mode. Maybe he just had bugbite fever.

I don't really have a favorite player yet but I know I don't like the whiners or the drama kings/queens that play to the camera (Rocky).

The photography is awesome again this time around. The games look fun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV