Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Regular Mucinex is fine, it's when they add the dm that it gets dangerous. I don't understand why they do that...goes for Robittusen and other brands, too. You either want an expectorant or a suppressant, but it makes no sense to take both at the same time. The expectorant thins the mucus (gross) so you can get it out...and the point is to get it out, not suppress the cough.

Drug (and supplement) ads drive me insane anyways.
I just saw the craziest ad for a new sleeping pill called Intermezzo. Most of the ad consisted of side effects which were horrible, including suicide, tongue swelling, unable to breathe, driving while asleep, then they tell you to ask your doctor for it. Who would be so desperate to take such drugs? They are also addictive. I don't understand why so many have such trouble sleeping. I actually thought maybe it was a joke, but no, it's a serious ad.
Side Effects of Intermezzo (Zolpidem Tartrate) Drug Center - RxList
Soon we'll be seeing lawyers, asking you to call them if you've been harmed by this drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 AM

987 posts, read 1,746,424 times
Really annoyed they brought back the Chevy Car Commercial...i.e. "Tomato, Tamato" with the two salesman, one with an annoying whiney voice.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I just saw the craziest ad for a new sleeping pill called Intermezzo. Most of the ad consisted of side effects which were horrible, including suicide, tongue swelling, unable to breathe, driving while asleep, then they tell you to ask your doctor for it. Who would be so desperate to take such drugs? They are also addictive. I don't understand why so many have such trouble sleeping. I actually thought maybe it was a joke, but no, it's a serious ad.
Soon we'll be seeing lawyers, asking you to call them if you've been harmed by this drug.
The side effects alone would keep me awake at night. I’d rather stay awake then have to worry about my tongue swelling and being unable to breath. With the drug fixing one thing and breaking 15 others some of the side effects sound like a form of torture.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yep. It's a form of Ambien and I take that occasionally with no problems, but you do really have to plan on 8 hours of sleep or else you're like a zombie in the morning. I know many people who can't take it at all. One friend of mine would wake in the morning and find evidence that she had been going to the kitchen and making midnight snacks while on Ambien, no memory of it at all! I've heard of people "sleep driving" on it.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
I'll tell you what commercial annoys the heck out of me, it's the one with the woman sitting in a car with a darn pig as her date. I'm getting fed up with these types of commercials. It's like some kind of beastiality vibe. ick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2uXyyLvvkY

Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'll tell you what commercial annoys the heck out of me, it's the one with the woman sitting in a car with a darn pig as her date. I'm getting fed up with these types of commercials. It's like some kind of beastiality vibe. ick.

Maxwell the GEICO Pig Goes on a Date - New Piggy Commercial - YouTube
Yes, I have to agree, this one is really stupid.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
There's an ear product commercial where the guy sticks a cotton swab in his ear and loudly yells OW! in great pain like he's just punctured his eardrum complete with a detailed graphic. They could effectively sell the product without this annoying part.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,988 times
There's one of a woman with a "pre cold" being chased by a "monster". It used to have a bunch of snot coming out
of his nose in one scene but I notice in the more recent ads they eliminated that really gross part....
I wonder if there were complaints?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
There's an ear product commercial where the guy sticks a cotton swab in his ear and loudly yells OW! in great pain like he's just punctured his eardrum complete with a detailed graphic. They could effectively sell the product without this annoying part.
That ad is HYSTERICAL! One of the funniest I've seen in years because it is sooooo stupid.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post

Maxwell the GEICO Pig Goes on a Date - New Piggy Commercial - YouTube
UGH YES, thank you. I hate all the Geico ads with that pig in them. I dislike the airplane one more; that pig is such a smarmy smug little turd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV