Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times

Advertisements

Easy Money on the CW was an interesting show...too bad that they NEVER promoted it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
So much crap out there and one show - one brilliant and well produced show, Eli Stone is cast out. Well it is a bit too intelligent for the sixth grade education of Televisions demographics target.

I am truely sadden to see the demise of Eli so quickly. Well done, maybe a bit too much of the musical dance numbers, but so very well written and produced. ABC still has LOST but once it's done, and the END is a coming, will be left with NOTHING of any substance. Name one show they have left running? Extreem Home Make-Over, yeah that's a happy one. All the rest - garbage.
This season has been amazing and I hope it comes out on dvd...I'll buy it. Its truely sad that EVERY different, and intelligent show gets canned because people no longer are slaves to network schedules.

Anyone remember Jericho? We had over twice the viewers with dvr and on demand viewings, along with the downloads on itunes and amazon as we had with neilsons. And massive online views (and since then cbs has dropped all online showings of its shows). But CBS or its doddering siblings can't dig their way out of the sand to see the new light of day.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:44 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,564 times
What?? MadTV?? That was like the bomb.

I'll miss it.

But most of the shows on CW are crap. They should just buy it out.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:57 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,388,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Easy Money on the CW was an interesting show...too bad that they NEVER promoted it!
That's so true. It was by chance that I found it, and liked it, since I'd never really tune to the CW normally. It's the same thing that CW did to "Reaper," another interesting show that never was given the promotion it deserved.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Squidbillies R.I.P. Cuyler family

Old 12-22-2008, 09:52 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
I'm sad about Dirty Sexy Money and Lipstik Jungle

Old 12-22-2008, 11:49 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,726,251 times
Dang, no more KofTH....sucks.

'Yep!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
What?? MadTV?? That was like the bomb.

I'll miss it.

But most of the shows on CW are crap. They should just buy it out.
CW feel off once they cancelled all the black shows and brot back 7th Heaven I really liked EVE, One on One, Half and Half, and Girlfriends.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:22 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
This season has been amazing and I hope it comes out on dvd...I'll buy it. Its truely sad that EVERY different, and intelligent show gets canned because people no longer are slaves to network schedules.

Anyone remember Jericho? We had over twice the viewers with dvr and on demand viewings, along with the downloads on itunes and amazon as we had with neilsons. And massive online views (and since then cbs has dropped all online showings of its shows). But CBS or its doddering siblings can't dig their way out of the sand to see the new light of day.

It's not the networks fault. It's all about getting the advertising dollar. Advertiser's only look at one thing - NEILSONS. Nothing else matters. You could have 100 million viewers using DVR or Online viewing and it would be completely irrelevent. Until advertisers stop using neilsons, that is the only ratings system that will matter.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
That's so true. It was by chance that I found it, and liked it, since I'd never really tune to the CW normally. It's the same thing that CW did to "Reaper," another interesting show that never was given the promotion it deserved.
Yeah, Reaper and Supernatural are the only reason I watch CW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV