Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

43 posts, read 202,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazztrons View Post
Wow I must really be out of the TV program loop.
Who are these people??
Dude...(Dude-ette?) You gotta check out this psycho show. It's a psycho mom complaining about everything, busting her husbands you know what's on TV over little stuff all the time. They have 8 kids, twins and a set of sextuplets that are absolutely adorable because the dad is Korean and the mom is Caucasian. You only have to watch for a few minutes to get in the loop and see what we all blog about each week.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:52 AM

53 posts, read 126,221 times
I'm seriously shocked at the bitterness here.

Yes, Kate really does seem up herself and bitchy to Jon
Yes, their kids are on TV.

BUT - It seems that they do instill good values to their kids.
For 8 kids altogether, I think they seem like decent little people! Maddie's a brat, but you always have a crab in the bunch...

I'm sure when this show first started, they never expected it to take off like it has. I'm quite sure they have run with it, when a slew of freebies was then thrown at them. I highly doubt they, themselves begged to stay on the air!

Answer this - you have 8 kids, you have a show that wants to tape a couple of specials with you and your family, you wouldn't do it? Having SIX multiples is something of a phenom itself, I'm quite sure that the major lot of you people would not turn it down. It's fascinating!

About the freebies - So, if offered a luxury vacation in Hawaii, to include your WHOLE family, in exchange for the mention of the resort in your show, you get to renew vows, have a good time, you would NOT do it? Give me a break??

You have 6 kids, your stomach is hanging to your knees, you're offered free corrective surgery - you would turn it down?? "No thanks, I rather LOVE my Pillbury stomach, thanks!" Give me a break!

What about all the offers to have all their kids in Crayola, Amusement parks, etc, for FREE? Think of how exciting it all is FOR THE KIDS!

I think you people are full of bitterness, (economy? I dunno), and are lying to yourselves when you call them names and accuse them of anything else other than having their lives taped - for now. (As IF they're going to do this the entire childhood of the kid's lives)!

Lastly - DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY COMES FROM A BOOK DEAL??!!

They probably could have paid cash for this place!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess706 View Post
Common guys. Those kids are not being exploited. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. They are lucky to have been fortunate enough to have had TLC pick them up for a series because they would have never been able to give these kids anything. If you want to ridicule some family pick on the Duggar's. They are white trash. I want to vomit every time I see commercials for the trash family, and they keep having kids. I guess 18 isn't enough? As far as Jon and Kate goes, just because Kate applied for some state funded program before the show started doesn't make her a bad person. She probably did what anyone in her position would have done if you had eight kids. People stay on welfare having baby after baby using state aid with our tax dollars year after year, and you’re mad about two college educated parents trying to get some help from the state after they paid taxes and contributed to society for years. What everyone fails to remember is when Jon and Kate had children they didn't do anything different than anyone else who can't get pregnant. They didn't know they were going to have eight kids, and they certainly didn't know they were going to get a TV show because of it, and they kept those babies regardless, so don't make them out to be bad people because they aren't. Maybe everyone's just irritated by Kate these days because fame has gone to her head, but it all comes back around again. As long as the kids are happy and are taken care of, who cares? Oh, and what kids don't need therapy as adults? Whether they have been on TV or not.
Nail on the head.

They are fortunate, the naysayers are bitter and FULL of jealousy.

/end thread.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM

72 posts, read 201,808 times
Quote:
Common guys. Those kids are not being exploited. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. They are lucky to have been fortunate enough to have had TLC pick them up for a series because they would have never been able to give these kids anything. If you want to ridicule some family pick on the Duggar's. They are white trash. I want to vomit every time I see commercials for the trash family, and they keep having kids. I guess 18 isn't enough? As far as Jon and Kate goes, just because Kate applied for some state funded program before the show started doesn't make her a bad person. She probably did what anyone in her position would have done if you had eight kids. People stay on welfare having baby after baby using state aid with our tax dollars year after year, and you’re mad about two college educated parents trying to get some help from the state after they paid taxes and contributed to society for years. What everyone fails to remember is when Jon and Kate had children they didn't do anything different than anyone else who can't get pregnant. They didn't know they were going to have eight kids, and they certainly didn't know they were going to get a TV show because of it, and they kept those babies regardless, so don't make them out to be bad people because they aren't. Maybe everyone's just irritated by Kate these days because fame has gone to her head, but it all comes back around again. As long as the kids are happy and are taken care of, who cares? Oh, and what kids don't need therapy as adults? Whether they have been on TV or not.
They certainly don't seem like WT to me. They are married, they take care of their kids and their house, and seem like genuinely nice people. Would I want 18 kids? Absolutely not! I love my 2, and I'm not planning on having any more. But if it happens, it happens.

As for the fame going to her head, I don't think that's it. She has some serious problems, including her estrangement from her family, that probably need to be addressed in a multiple counseling sessions. And I don't understand how John doesn't stand up to her at least a little bit.

And your comment about "what kids don't need therapy as adults?" I'd say most that aren't exploited like these kids are don't need it.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 AM

72 posts, read 201,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulzRulez View Post
I'm seriously shocked at the bitterness here.

Yes, Kate really does seem up herself and bitchy to Jon
Yes, their kids are on TV.

BUT - It seems that they do instill good values to their kids.
For 8 kids altogether, I think they seem like decent little people! Maddie's a brat, but you always have a crab in the bunch...

I'm sure when this show first started, they never expected it to take off like it has. I'm quite sure they have run with it, when a slew of freebies was then thrown at them. I highly doubt they, themselves begged to stay on the air!

Answer this - you have 8 kids, you have a show that wants to tape a couple of specials with you and your family, you wouldn't do it? Having SIX multiples is something of a phenom itself, I'm quite sure that the major lot of you people would not turn it down. It's fascinating!

About the freebies - So, if offered a luxury vacation in Hawaii, to include your WHOLE family, in exchange for the mention of the resort in your show, you get to renew vows, have a good time, you would NOT do it? Give me a break??

You have 6 kids, your stomach is hanging to your knees, you're offered free corrective surgery - you would turn it down?? "No thanks, I rather LOVE my Pillbury stomach, thanks!" Give me a break!

What about all the offers to have all their kids in Crayola, Amusement parks, etc, for FREE? Think of how exciting it all is FOR THE KIDS!

I think you people are full of bitterness, (economy? I dunno), and are lying to yourselves when you call them names and accuse them of anything else other than having their lives taped - for now. (As IF they're going to do this the entire childhood of the kid's lives)!

Lastly - DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH MONEY COMES FROM A BOOK DEAL??!!

They probably could have paid cash for this place!
You're kidding, right? I don't have a problem with them accepting the freebies they've been given...Lord knows I couldn't provide all of things they're getting with what I make. But I also wouldn't ***** out my family to get them either. We all have choices to make, and I choose to not have my family exploited on national TV. But that's a choice that they've made. My problem with them is with her and they way she treats her family.

And a book deal isn't gonna give them that much money, especially enough to pay cash for that house!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:33 AM

Yea, so I've been reading quite a bit, and now my views are quite mixed. More to the negative side...

I wish we knew the truth, because what I am seeing is the start of a new trend: TRYING to have multiples, in order to receive the notoriety that J&K have.

Look at that nutbag, Nadia Suelman, who purposely tried to get pregnant, (and succeeded), with multiples, via in vitro....when she already had SIX kids! I've read that no companies have approached her with any sponsorships or freebies.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:

You are plain silly. The Duggars had money BEFORE the show! They have several commercial properties for one, so they weren't hurtin'!

Just because you disagree with their religious beliefs, does not make them white trash.

They have been featured on documentaries for YEARS. Have you been in a cave, or perhaps your own little, hypocritical bubble for the past 5-6 years??

Old 02-04-2009, 12:07 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,894 times
Quote:
Look at that nutbag, Nadia Suelman, who purposely tried to get pregnant, (and succeeded), with multiples, via in vitro....when she already had SIX kids! I've read that no companies have approached her with any sponsorships or freebies.
I haven't bothered to read much about this woman, but my concern is with the place that she went to for in vitro. She must have had to disclose that she already had so many kids. She should have never been allowed to have the procedure. The doctor who allowed this should be seriously questioned, and so should the facility, in my opinion.

I did read that she is unmarried. Even though I don't like the Duggars either, at least they are teaching values, etc, the first of which is being married before you start a family!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Nail on the head.

/end thread.
I doubt this thread is going to end anytime soon.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM

148 posts, read 637,745 times
I can't believe this continues to be one of the most popular topics on this forum. The show is not even good. Trust me, I am not judging because I happend to like the "17 and Counting" because the family is so weird.

I wonder if the woman who had 8 kids with invitro will get a show with the other 6 she had invitro while living under her parents' roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV