Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 04:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
The McCaughey's (family from Iowa who delievered septuplets in 1997) are probably counting their blessings that they never got involved in a show like this one. For several years their family would be on the cover of Good Housekeeping once a year and it was fun to see the kids' progress. In hindsight...that would have been plenty for the Gosselins.
true.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,517 times
I used to love that show. Now John and Kate are nothing but your typical actors trying to exploit their children and see how they can continue to make more money. It was better when they were nothing but your average american family. As they say "Money is the root of all evil".

Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Quote:
The McCaughey's (family from Iowa who delievered septuplets in 1997) are probably counting their blessings that they never got involved in a show like this one. For several years their family would be on the cover of Good Housekeeping once a year and it was fun to see the kids' progress. In hindsight...that would have been plenty for the Gosselins.
Isn't that the truth.

As for The Kate, the adorable little girl on Oprah has it. She co-hosted the show yesterday. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come. It's just plain awful.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
the whole thing ticks me off because before this traveling job, I watched very little TV. Six Feet Under...it ended. The Sopranos...it ended. Then I found these cute little kids on TLC and fell in love with them, passing the time and easing my empty nest syndrome. Now it explodes.

Maybe I should start watching Toddlers & Tiaras...although I can't even look at the ads for that show.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
yet you keep reading the thread.
But I don't waste my time watching the show.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
Jon and Kate are getting annoying, I wonder how the kids are holding up and if they can sense the drama going on with their parents. I think Kate used to be a nurse, and Jon worked in computers or construction I think. I read that they make anywhere from 50-75,000 an episode. I'm sure TLC put up some dough for the house, they're paying for everything else, so why not??
When I see pics of Kate walking around being followed by TMZ or other pap's, it's so ridiculous!
I hope they are putting the money away for colleges, 8 college educations can't be cheap!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:10 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
the whole thing ticks me off because before this traveling job, I watched very little TV. Six Feet Under...it ended. The Sopranos...it ended. Then I found these cute little kids on TLC and fell in love with them, passing the time and easing my empty nest syndrome. Now it explodes.

Maybe I should start watching Toddlers & Tiaras...although I can't even look at the ads for that show.
Last night I watched 'Toddlers and Tiaras'/At 17 or something. I was mortified for one girl and her family.

As much as I have come to dislike HLN/the Nancy Grace channel they did point out last night that it would have been unusual for Kate to draw up a contract to allow him to date since he says he is recognized so easily. They didn't think much of Kate's brother's/Aunt Jodi's interview. I thought it was odd myself. If there is a 'battle' going on in the extended family they all have my sympathy.

Truth or hype? The kids look cute in the ads for 'The Museum'.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-20-2009 at 06:26 AM..

Old 05-20-2009, 07:31 AM

90 posts, read 177,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorielynn View Post
speaking of octomom(not that she deserves it)but i wonder why she hasnt done some sort of show or something...we know she wants the money...i mean it would be intersting a mom of 6,then another 8 at one time,not married ,no job....i mean it would be something to see how she cares for 8 babies at once...but she doesnt have a show or even been on tv much and we know she is all about what she can get........
Nadia doesn't have a show of her own probably due to Kate wanting all the attention. I am sure Kate had a lot to do with Nadia not being able to get a show of her own. Can anyone say GREEDY KATE????

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 AM

90 posts, read 177,025 times
Quote:

Couldn't agree with you more.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
Nadia doesn't have a show of her own probably due to Kate wanting all the attention. I am sure Kate had a lot to do with Nadia not being able to get a show of her own. Can anyone say GREEDY KATE????
you don't have any idea if that is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV