Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:29 AM

90 posts, read 176,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
I can't believe I'm defending Kate but TLC wants to show the tup's birthday parties. So since the series startd, they ALWAYS have 2 birthday parties. One private, one for TV. I agree Kate likes the media attention, but in this case it was TLC that insisted on showing the kids birthday and I for one am glad the family can celebrate privately first, then a big party for the show.
What I don't understand is why the B-day party had to be held in public when she has a backyard as big as a park and could have held it there. The reason she didn't do it at home is because she loves the paparazzi around and what other place can she get the most attention, a park.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,405,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
What I don't understand is why the B-day party had to be held in public when she has a backyard as big as a park and could have held it there. The reason she didn't do it at home is because she loves the paparazzi around and what other place can she get the most attention, a park.
I think that is an example of TLC's efforts at 'damage control' to place the blame on the vile paparazzi.

Every time I hear--'We chose to do the show because we wanted to document our children's lives' and similar remarks--I roll my eyes.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,032,822 times
I have always felt like Jon holds his tongue in the interview chair to avoid a full blow fight. Kate doesn't. I bet when cameras are off and they are alone, he fights back.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,945,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post

Thank you ! Exactly. For her to whine about the paparazzi and people saying negative things about her is laughable. She's a real tool.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,945,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I have always felt like Jon holds his tongue in the interview chair to avoid a full blow fight. Kate doesn't. I bet when cameras are off and they are alone, he fights back.
Even my 84 year old mother that watches the show says how disgraceful Kate treats Jon, and she doesn't blame him for "shutting down" on her.

The first two seasons Kate was a much nicer, humble woman. Yes, she and Jon would bicker back and forth once in awhile when stressed over a situation with the kids, what couple doesn't ? But she has progressively become an over inflated wind bag, taking over the episodes with her stories and comments, and being nasty to Jon while the world watches.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,405,366 times
Quote:
They say that the crew has to tape for hours to get footage that can be aired. I would imagine after a few of those remarks Jon has left the interview set and gone 'away' until he can sit there without exploding.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,032,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Even my 84 year old mother that watches the show says how disgraceful Kate treats Jon, and she doesn't blame him for "shutting down" on her.

The first two seasons Kate was a much nicer, humble woman. Yes, she and Jon would bicker back and forth once in awhile when stressed over a situation with the kids, what couple doesn't ? But she has progressively become an over inflated wind bag, taking over the episodes with her stories and comments, and being nasty to Jon while the world watches.
Yes. I noticed looking back on the earlier episodes, that she was much nicer to him and much more pleasant during the interview. Those last few, especially the Going Green one, she was way worse than before. Rolling her eyes, bored out of her mind if she wasn't the focus. I wonder if she is able to look back and see the change. But, it is a 2 way street. Maybe she was increasingly annoyed w/ Jon because he lost all direction in his life and was increasingly unhappy.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I hope he fights back after the cameras are off. That is totally unacceptable behavior from Kate. Even Monday night's season premiere when asked towards the end where they think this relationship is going, she answered first (as usual) and then when Jon was saying what he wanted to say she was about to roll her eyes and then you see her about to open her mouth to interrupt and decided to clench her teeth. Make him speak that's what I say.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post

I totally agree! My mom has also stopped watching the show, she can't believe Kate's attitude and how she treats Jon.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I think that is an example of TLC's efforts at 'damage control' to place the blame on the vile paparazzi.

Every time I hear--'We chose to do the show because we wanted to document our children's lives' and similar remarks--I roll my eyes.
Well, if they just sold video cameras to the general public, then all of this could have been avoided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV