Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,135,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
For Bella52: I think the woman you're referring to is Amy Finnerman. She was given a Food Network show for a brief time, maybe six episodes. I never saw it because it was shown on Sunday mornings at about 8am. I read that she declined more episodes and then moved to France.

For Jaxson: Yes, 3D came through Albuquerque NM to a restaurant that is on "old route 66". It is mostly a steak house. I didn't know about it until I saw the episode by chance, but it looked like it was filmed several months before it was on the air (could it have been a repeat, of course they NEVER repeat shows, but you never know....)?
Have you eaten at that steak house? Is the food awesome? I am just curious to hear from people that have eaten at places they feature. It all looks so good on TV ya know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:46 PM

130 posts, read 558,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I miss Sara Moulton, (sp?) Back in the nineties and before his scandal, I watched The Frugal Gourmet religiously, and he made some good, practical dishes. I like Yan too, he's entertaining.
I miss her too! Actually, I think it was Rachel Ray who took over her time slot. Both Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee make me nervous when I watch them...they're always in such a hurry and never stop talking...Ina Garten is the best...always so pleasant and calm and relaxing...and I like her food too!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM

741 posts, read 1,375,629 times
Hi, Jaxson,

No, we don't eat meat so it was never even on the long list, plus it is quite a distance from where I live.

But, I did hear, not in the context of the show, but just in general, that the food there is "greasy".

Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,842,538 times
I too am a huge fan of Ina Garten. Although she is really heavy-handed with her butter, I find plenty of her recipes that I can prepare guilt-free. I also agree that Guy is over-exposed but I find him really entertaining, especially on Triple D. But having said that, I am seriously concerned that his massive consumption of all that fried fattening food is going to send him into either a diabetic coma or a massive heart attack. No one can eat like that forever without some serious consequences.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,714,209 times
I like Guy...he seems like a cool guy and I want his job...lol

I also like G. Garvin, but don't think he is on FoodTV...was on TV-One, "Turn up the Heat with G Garvin"...he looks like LL Cool J, and kinda sounds like him too.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,135,855 times
Thanks for the feedback Alinka.

Redrover maybe Guy doesn't consume all that high fats food he just takes bites??? Any recipe I see I try to make it more healthy without losing the original flavors. Butter is hard to replace but using less helps.

Hungry For Cheese G. Garvin kept saying some word over and over that got on my nerves. The Neely's get on my nerves now, she is so loud I don't care how you can cook sometimes can't she just let her hubby talk? I wonder if they cook all lovey dovey at home too.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 AM

251 posts, read 765,897 times
Quote:
Jamie did a brief stint on, I think the Discovery channel, and I believe he was in Italy. Then, he had a quaint show called Jamie at Home; it was on for a while, Saturday mornings.
i think jamie's show is still on.. albeit early weekend mornings. same with nigella lawson's show.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:49 PM

635 posts, read 1,682,640 times
Sandra does great looking food, but she's wound a little tight. That concerns me. Does anyone remember that cocktail drinking Graham Kerr, "The Galloping Gourmet" - I'd love to to see those two hashed up on the same show - he's rehabbed after bad health from all the butter, wine and what not - love what his wife says in the video:
YouTube - The Way We Cooked- Graham Kerr & Fanny Cradock pt. 7

Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM

631 posts, read 1,880,793 times
Love Sandra Lee's table scapes. Her food is iffy at best but the drinks and decor are usually very good.

Paula, Giada and Ina are my favs. I've made some of their receipes and they were great. I usually have to tweak Paula's though because I don't have her obsession with butter and mayo.

Guy and Rachel Ray needs a good dose of ritalin to calm them down but I do like their shows. Well I like Guys' Triple D show. Haven't seen the new one to have an opinion on it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,275,185 times
Quote:
Back in the nineties and before his scandal, I watched The Frugal Gourmet religiously, and he made some good, practical dishes.
Man, I remember watching hm all the time and loved his show. Very sad to see how it ended and everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV