Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,214 times

Advertisements

Roseanne yelling Dan's name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM

616 posts, read 1,161,904 times
Talking Three's Company

Mr. Roper: I bet this cot told some great stories.
Mrs. Roper: I wish ours could!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,281 times
Red Foreman from That 70's Show ..

"you morons just hung vacancy signs on your asses - and my foot is looking for a room!"

Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,544,950 times
"These surely are end times!" (Boyd on "Justified")

"......#@&^*woman, you only shoot people when they're eatin' supper?" (Again, Boyd on "Justified")

Last edited by educator1953; 06-30-2010 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 06-30-2010, 11:29 PM

389 posts, read 776,557 times
"Back in ST. Olaf..." Rose Nylin from the Golden Girls.

I also like "Picture it. Cisilie, 1922..." Sofia Patrillo from the Golden Girls.

I love the Golden Girls!

PS: I bet I spelled half of those words wrong, but you get my drift. I also like when Roseanne yells "Dan!!!"

Jessie

Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,532 times
Nash Bridges had some classics.

Just saw an episode yesterday where someone asks Cheech Marin's character Joe what he's doing for lunch. To which he replied, "I don't know, but I think it'll involve talking into a big clown head".

Or the time a suspect just get repeating, "Satan, satan, satan...." to which Joe replied, "Oh, I see you wanna make your one phone call now!"

Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
I Love Lucy,

Lucy: Ever since we said "I do", boy there are so many things "we don't"

kills me every time !!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,906,106 times
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"
Art Carlson WKRP in Cincinnati

Here's the infamous Thanksgiving episode... Hulu - WKRP in Cincinnati: Turkeys Away - Watch the full episode now.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:45 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times
More Babylon 5:
  • "Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…[and] all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars."
  • "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody's gotta have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later…boom!"
  • "On your trip back, I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra: "Ivanova…is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova…is God. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!" Babylon Control out. [sighs to herself] Civilians. [looks up] Just kidding about that God part. No offense."
  • Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. And as we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.
  • "I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave, like this:[He gives Morden a mockingly cheerful finger waggle.]Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?"
  • "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
  • You see? It's like I've always said: "You can get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than you can with just a kind word."
  • "I used to think that it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
  • Sinclair: Ready?
  • Delenn: Why do your people always ask if someone is ready right before you're going to do something massively unwise?Sinclair: [smiling] Tradition.
From Farscape:
  • Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?
  • "My dear, I've kicked more ass than you've sat on."
  • "Have we sent the ‘don’t shoot us we’re pathetic’ transmission yet?"
  • "Whoa, where do they get these stories? Let’s set the facts straight. First off there was no raping, very little pillaging and Frau Blucher popped all the eyeballs."
  • "Cross my heart, smack me dead , stick a lobster on my head!"
  • "Ah, screw it. But I am not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Buck, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas. "

Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 PM

436 posts, read 1,347,660 times
Pretty much anything coming out of the mouth of Julia Sugarbaker and sometimes even Suzanne Sugarbaker. Miss you Dixie Carter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV