U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,394,420 times

Advertisements

Last night was the premier of the new TNT show, Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton. It was shown without commercial interruption. Although it has elements of Mission Impossible as well as of other shows, I really liked it - the premise of ths show and the characters. It is all about payback and retribution. It will now air on Tuesday nights although the commercials will be back. I'm finding that more and more of the TNT original productions are far better than the network ones. Did anyone besides me watch it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,941,644 times
I caught it on the second showing last night, I'd forgotten to tune in earlier. I thought it was OK, but I'm not sure that I was a huge fan of "The Closer", "Burn Notice" or "In Plain Sight" on first viewing. I'm not sure if the second two are TNT or USA, they're always consecutive numbers on every cable service I've ever had.

I'll give it another look, not a big Hutton fan (I know he's done other films since "Ordinary People", but it doesn't seem like it) if for no other reason than the two women.

golfgod

Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 AM

3,131 posts, read 10,502,656 times
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but have it recorded. There is just something about Timothy Hutton, I will always watch something that he is in. I do think that USA and TNT have done a great job with dramas. plus, they seem to give the audience time to get into a show. maybe it helps because they show everything multiple times and that gives people better opportunity to check it out!...even if they don't have a dvr!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,358,163 times
I watched it and I'll tune in again. I wasn't blown away, but it was interesting. I kept thinking Timothy Hutton looked so much like Tim Allen though. LOL

Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM

724 posts, read 1,152,213 times
I'm going to take a look at this; offhand I can't remember anything Timothy Hutton has done besides Ordinary People (it's early here) but I find him appealing. Tim Allen though, not so much...

I wonder if this show replaced one about lawyers that I thought was awful- Lift the Bar- or something like that. The younger detective from NYPDBlue was in it and looked pretty shaggy.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,358,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
I'm going to take a look at this; offhand I can't remember anything Timothy Hutton has done besides Ordinary People (it's early here) but I find him appealing. Tim Allen though, not so much..
It may have just been me. I have a miserable cold and I think I may have been hallucinating yesterday. Because aside from Timothy Hutton looking like Tim Allen to me, I saw a car dressed up like Rudolph, Santa swinging on a pole in the back of a truck and my Starbucks was served by a man in drag with a really interesting wig so perhaps take my observation with a grain of salt.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,627,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
It may have just been me. I have a miserable cold and I think I may have been hallucinating yesterday. Because aside from Timothy Hutton looking like Tim Allen to me, I saw a car dressed up like Rudolph, Santa swinging on a pole in the back of a truck and my Starbucks was served by a man in drag with a really interesting wig so perhaps take my observation with a grain of salt.
Can I have some of what you are taking????

Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 PM

724 posts, read 1,152,213 times
MooksterL1,

I was not allowed to give you points but your reply above was great. Before I read domergurl's post I was going to say "sounds like great meds".

Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 AM

2,953 posts, read 8,628,241 times
Leverage was pretty good, the last bit of twist was very nice. can they keep the suspense up? The action and the special effects needs to be on the constant with this type of show. How long and with today's economy, can they afford it. Sponsored by Hyundai, thats going to be difficult.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:20 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,627,629 times
At least Damages was sponsored by Cadillac and Mad Men is sponsored by BMW ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV