Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Adam was Adam. He, there again, has great stage presence and performance, but he really...

...glamoured up that rock song!
He He I'm Team Glambert all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Kris... I have no problem with his singing, I just rarely notice him.
Ditto!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
With the exception that I like Adam, I agree with Lefty Dan on his assessments. i read on another board (from someone claiming to be in the music business) that it's hard to move around the stage like Adam did, and still stay on key. Don't know. Actually, Quentin Tarantino gave some of the most constructive comments than most of past mentors I've witnessed although I haven't watched AI from the beginning. I agree about Paula. At least she's entertaining. Randy doesn't seem to be very flexible. He makes up his mind whether he likes someone or not and then doesnt change his mind. Kara, supposed to be in the music business, had not even heard of the Oscar winning song. I do hope Kris will be saved. Danny annoyed me as usual and the judges need to quit feeling sorry for him because his wife died. I'd rather see Danny go home instead of Lil. I think the bottom three should be Matt, Lil, and Danny.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Team Glambert! How about Team Glantbert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Kris's song was very difficult, but again, I must ask, what is wrong with these guys in song choice? Pick one the audience likes...
Speak for yourself. I thought the song and the choice were brilliant. Even if the song choice wasn't perfect, Kris "worked it out, dog!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Didn't anybody see the movie "Once"? That is the movie that Kris's song Falling Slowly was from....good movie....great song and I was proud of Kris.....but...ADAM STILL OWNED IT!!
Awe...almost a good post. Till the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Kris Allen "Falling Slowly," from Once GONE (but maybe saved)
What?!?! After the bridge, he tore it up! To me, that was best performance of the night and Kara got it right!

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-15-2009 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Don't notice Kris? He's the one who's gonna upset Glantbert in the final!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:43 AM

LOL I'm not really sure who Adam Ant is. I guess I'll have to go google.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Oh don't do that! You'll throw rocks at the other Adam.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Oh don't do that! You'll throw rocks at the other Adam.
Okay so I listened to a few songs on youtube and I don't see it. Other than being called "Adam" of course.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Unfortunately Vote For The Worse is touting Lil this week so she's probably safe. Blah!

You know, there are a lot of characteristic that make up a star performer - charisma, talent, style, etc. For me, Kris just doesn't have it. It's just been the last two weeks that I've even remembered who he was. It could be that he got so little press, but it could also be that he's just a normal guy with a good voice. I have no problem with his singing, I just rarely notice him. I think either he or Matt will be voted off tonight.
The show has only been going on for a few more weeks than that, and Kris was hidden from the public view until he made the top 13. You know about Danny not because he's a good singer, but because the producers focused on him in every round. Same goes for Adam, Anoop, Lil, Allison, Scott, Alexis and Michael.

People fall for the producers every year. They hear the producers say "amazing performance" during the recap, and they see the clips that the producers choose (generally you can tell which people they want to get through based on the quality of the song clip) and they follow like sheep. If this competition was based purely on musical talent, Danny, Lil and Scott would have been long gone in favor of Ricky Braddy and some others who received no screen time before the top 36.

Kris is on the bottom at Dial Idol...the only person who was guaranteed to not have the most votes.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
With the exception that I like Adam, I agree with Lefty Dan on his assessments. i read on another board (from someone claiming to be in the music business) that it's hard to move around the stage like Adam did, and still stay on key. Don't know. Actually, Quentin Tarantino gave some of the most constructive comments than most of past mentors I've witnessed although I haven't watched AI from the beginning. I agree about Paula. At least she's entertaining. Randy doesn't seem to be very flexible. He makes up his mind whether he likes someone or not and then doesnt change his mind. Kara, supposed to be in the music business, had not even heard of the Oscar winning song. I do hope Kris will be saved. Danny annoyed me as usual and the judges need to quit feeling sorry for him because his wife died. I'd rather see Danny go home instead of Lil. I think the bottom three should be Matt, Lil, and Danny.
Kara is in the "music" business, not the music business! Hillary Duff, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are some of the "musicians" she's worked with. She proves to be the worst of all three...fiercly opinionated like Randy, ditzy like Paula, and overloaded with Ego like Simon. That being said, I'd rather see Randy gone than her, Dawg.

52 year old executives shouldn't be saying "Dawg" every three words.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I really don't think there are that many Lil fans and I agree she did lousy last night. If she's gonna do R&B or whatever, she needs to do it from start to finish. I kept thinking she would step it up, now time has run out. Which leads me to Danny...

I don't think Danny Boy did any better than Lil either, but look how the judges still found a way to slobber on him and kick Lil to the curb.

Oh... poor Danny! He was thinking of his wife (God rest her soul), but come on, Simon! He missed a word and that note gave me an earache. That was horrible!

Danny should be in the bottom three with Lil going home.

Adam was Adam. He, there again, has great stage presence and performance, but he really...

...glamoured up that rock song! Even my wife was saying... as she was feeding me a good dinner!( inside joke. Has nothing to do with being chauvanist. She bribes me to watch this pathetic reality show with dinner)... well she was saying that she would never buy this music or listen to it. It's too screaming falsetto. He should do Rock Operas like Rocky Horror.

Kris is back. He's brilliant. He's better than Allison. He'll rise above in the end and challenge Adam Ant... or maybe Allison.

Either Lil or Danny could go home tonight. Unless they come out belting their tunes from the start to the finish, their actual singing voice is shakey. Anoop and Matt are fighting for the 4th spot.
Danny won't be going home any time soon - the judges would use the "save" feature if he were really in trouble. He'll be top 3 with Adam and ??? (should be Allison).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV