Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,466,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My wife really can't stand Miley at all and made me fast forward through the whole act or she was gonna retrieve my dinner from me. What I saw/heard of it seemed very shaky.
Lucky for you that you didn't have to watch it. I thought most of the contestants did better than her. What was for dinner last night? Just get dvr and your wife can watch it when she wants and you don't have to sit through it if you don't want to lol. The trade I made with my dh is if he would watch idol with me, I would watch nascar with him. Nascar is too dang long!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 07:01 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,466,911 times
lovesmountains.....I think the seal song would be great for Adam to sing.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,240,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My wife really can't stand Miley at all and made me fast forward through the whole act or she was gonna retrieve my dinner from me. What I saw/heard of it seemed very shaky.
I agree with your wife. The comments I've heard and agree with are that Miley wouldn't have made the top 35. She sang through her nose. DH asked, "what is she doing with her head". I said, she's messing up her hair so she can fling it back with her hand". It's supposed to be sexy. (I said that to annoy him, cause he he finds that habit annoying) LOL. My niece took her kids to see Miley because the kids were hooked on Hannah Montana from TV. After the photo shoot in Vanity Fair not so much. The look on Simon's face after she sang screamed, "forgettable". I am so glad Simon gave Kris his due and called his performance brilliant.

Last edited by tigerlily; 04-16-2009 at 07:30 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,436,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'VE GOT IT!!

Adam needs to do "Disco Inferno" from Saturday Night Fever - but THIS way, like Tina Turner did - he could really make it his own, the way he did "Ring of Fire":
This is perfect for him! Something like this, yes. He can work the stage the same way, too.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,185,907 times
I could see Adam doing "Staying Alive" or maybe "Tragedy" by The Bee Gees...but it would be fun if he did "Dancing Queen" by Abba or "Superfreak" or "That's The Way I Like It" by KC & The Sunshine Band. Who knows though - Adam always surprises.

I'd love to hear Allison take on "Lady Marmalade."

One of the ballad singers - Anoop, Matt or Kris - should do "To Love Somebody" by The Bee Gees. I remember when Clay Aiken did it on Season 2 and it was amazing.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,240,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
This is perfect for him! Something like this, yes. He can work the stage the same way, too.
Yes, I would like anything from Saturday Night Fever. Dancing Queen would be a great one. BTW - I love disco music.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,698,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
I guess we all have noticed it, I mean, how can you not? I bet someone will tell him to get that removed after Idol.
It is very distracting.
My husband (disclaimer: he is MUCH meaner than I am) calls him a unicorn.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,436,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
My husband (disclaimer: he is MUCH meaner than I am) calls him a unicorn.
I have no idea people what you are talking about. Will have to look close next time.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,991,727 times
I really like Adam. He's very theatrical and puts so much passion into his performances.

But oooooh, Kris Allen. His voice is so spot-on. He reminds me a little of keith Urban. Last night when he sang "Falling Softly" I thought it was truly better than anything Adam has done so far.

Again, I think Adam is fabulous, but I think Kris is equally as good, and I hope he doesn't end up getting voted off next week.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM

17,944 posts, read 27,377,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Lucky ... is too dang long!!!!
Yeah, that's what she said.

Here's the song Adam ought to do...

Emotional Rescue

Alternate version

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-16-2009 at 10:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV