Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times

Advertisements

yeah!! the hat and jackets are getting too much now. and I don't know WHO is dressing Allison????

I think Danny is dressing well, but they're putting him in the same type shirts every week. The wardrobe dept needs a makeover!

I think Simon should wear the clothes Danny is wearing. Did you see the terrible looking old hanes t-shirt? I mean, come on Simon! the i-just-got-out-of-bed-and-threw-this-on-look is waaay OLD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Has anyone else ever noticed that when Matt breaks out the fedora and tries to channel his inner Justin, it just goes terribly wrong? Maybe he should burn the thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 05:22 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Okay, I just bought the video on itunes of Adam's performance last night and I can't seem to find the missed word. He does slur can't and have together once, but the words are definitely there.

I think the judges are hoping that he wins. If you google American Idol just look at the ads on the page. Most of them mention Adam Lambert. On myidol, his category has the most posts of any thread. In every pole I've seen he's by far in the lead. People talk about him, whether they like him or not. The judges know this and I'm sure they are thinking they have found a superstar and can already see the $$$ signs. I think the same applies for Danny. He has a huge fan base already. Most of my mommy group friends adore him and thought the Endless Love song was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The judges probably don't want to tick off the fans of their two main meal tickets this season. Not that I believe it's fair to the other contestants and I have said before that I wouldn't mind seeing Allison or Kris win the season. Adam will be huge either way and that's enough for me.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:26 PM

yes, I do have to agree that it all comes down to the $$$. It was and still holds true for Kelly Clarkson, my favorite Idol and one of my favorite singers. Simon saw a gem in her, told her so often, and was right. (I think he felt it for Carrie Underwood, and again, was right)
So, I have no doubts that Adam will be huge, he seems to deserve it, but I got to thinking, what kind of song will be his finale? I mean, are they going to have to write a special song for him? I don't picture him singing something like "A Moment Like This" or "This Is My Now" like the pevious finale songs, that will be something!!

Quote:
Okay, I just bought the video on itunes of Adam's performance last night and I can't seem to find the missed word. He does slur can't and have together once, but the words are definitely there.

I think the judges are hoping that he wins. If you google American Idol just look at the ads on the page. Most of them mention Adam Lambert. On myidol, his category has the most posts of any thread. In every pole I've seen he's by far in the lead. People talk about him, whether they like him or not. The judges know this and I'm sure they are thinking they have found a superstar and can already see the $$$ signs. I think the same applies for Danny. He has a huge fan base already. Most of my mommy group friends adore him and thought the Endless Love song was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The judges probably don't want to tick off the fans of their two main meal tickets this season. Not that I believe it's fair to the other contestants and I have said before that I wouldn't mind seeing Allison or Kris win the season. Adam will be huge either way and that's enough for me.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:29 PM

oh, and about the song, thanks for clearing that up, it just sound ever so slightly off in the beginning, like he hesitated as if he forgot a word or two, and may have missed the beginning of the next line. I did notice how he slurred can't and have, I probably just mis-heard something. Then when I looked at Randy, he was leaning and it looked as if he noticed it, but I guess not!

Quote:

Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
yeah!! the hat and jackets are getting too much now. and I don't know WHO is dressing Allison????

I think Danny is dressing well, but they're putting him in the same type shirts every week. The wardrobe dept needs a makeover!

I think Simon should wear the clothes Danny is wearing. Did you see the terrible looking old hanes t-shirt? I mean, come on Simon! the i-just-got-out-of-bed-and-threw-this-on-look is waaay OLD!!!!
Allison can get away with it since she's only 16. Rockers like Pink and Gwen Stefani have a similar look. Half the kids look like that. I had a photography gig this weekend at prom and well, lets just say that I felt really really old and normal!!! I'm not sure how often you should use manic panic on your hair though!

Maybe the stylists could give Danny's clothes to Simon and give Danny a new look, after they sexy Kris up a little.

I also think that one thing that hurts Lil is that she always looks different. Completely different! I was finishing dinner last night when AI came on and I didn't make the connection at first to who she was because I missed Ryan's introduction.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
So, I have no doubts that Adam will be huge, he seems to deserve it, but I got to thinking, what kind of song will be his finale? I mean, are they going to have to write a special song for him? I don't picture him singing something like "A Moment Like This" or "This Is My Now" like the pevious finale songs, that will be something!!
This is a really good question. So far the finale songs have been really horrible IMO and I definitely can't picture him singing something like that. I heard that Kara DiGuardia (sp?) was writing the one for this year. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

ha! ha! I think Kris and Simon are sharing t-shirts!!! Lil looked great, and what a bod for having 3(?) kids?? She just can't get in Simon's good graces. I hope he says something nice to her tonight if she goes home!

Allison's cool, just the over-the-top-ness is wild! I think the hair's cute, not so much black shiny pants/vests/ and white stilettos!!! But, being 16, she can get away with it, you're right!! I think even Eve dresses similarly!

Quote:
Allison can get away with it since she's only 16. Rockers like Pink and Gwen Stefani have a similar look. Half the kids look like that. I had a photography gig this weekend at prom and well, lets just say that I felt really really old and normal!!! I'm not sure how often you should use manic panic on your hair though!

Maybe the stylists could give Danny's clothes to Simon and give Danny a new look, after they sexy Kris up a little.

I also think that one thing that hurts Lil is that she always looks different. Completely different! I was finishing dinner last night when AI came on and I didn't make the connection at first to who she was because I missed Ryan's introduction.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
If you go strictly by last nights perforrmances Lil and Danny would be going home. I think Danny had too many off notes and even sounded like he forgot a few words in a few places. Adam and Allison rule!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM

LOL at Simon and Kris sharing shirts.

You know, I'm not so sure that Lil is going home tonight. It should be an intersting results show. However, I really really do hope that dial idol is way off base with the predictions.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM

well, if that's true, she'll have plenty of time to develop a song for the runners-up. I'm sure her mind is churning with ideas, I forgot she was a songwriter!

Quote:
This is a really good question. So far the finale songs have been really horrible IMO and I definitely can't picture him singing something like that. I heard that Kara DiGuardia (sp?) was writing the one for this year. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV