U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM

3,872 posts, read 7,484,809 times

Advertisements

I'm glad Lil's gone. Her singing made me cringe. But DAMN. If I had her body, I'd be naked all day long, lol. She has an AMAZING figure.
I had to pop my dh on the head to get him to stop drooling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 09:06 PM

4,283 posts, read 7,936,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
thanks for the website, lovesMountains - exploring it some further, I came across Adam's audition (Bohemian Rhapsody) !!!! I never saw it - was it edited out?

Adam Lambert 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Audition (Video) | American Idol Fan Site | Who got voted off American Idol
Thanks nuala...you made my night. I never saw his audition. He is still the best and I will never change my mind!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM

[quote=lovesMountains;8496334]

Quote:
Just a nice midday break for you Adam fans I can't wait until I can buy a whole album just like this!!!!

Adam Lambert Ring Of Fire Video | American Idol Fan Site | Who got voted off American Idol[/
Thank you for that. The more I see that the more I love it!

[quote=shannon94;8496469]

Quote:
Indulgence??? They call the others out on indulgence because they don't follow through with it...lol...Adam DELIVERS!! Comparing Adam to Mick Jagger is so funny.....Mick can't sing!! Love him though...his "schtick" works and the Stones are one of my favorites!!
Adam does deliver. I like Mick too and he knew how to work a stage also.

[quote=takeyouhigher;8496542]

Quote:
I knew Lil was going to do, but I was surprised about Anoop. Adam was the best and I think he will win the whole thing, with Kris coming in 2nd and Danny coming in 3rd
It was Lil's time to go. I was also surprised about Anoop...thought it would be Matt, based on the performances. I still think it will be Adam and Allison with Kris in 3rd and Danny 4th. I used to think Danny would be third, but he has lost ground in my opinion

[quote=Austinitegirl;8496871]

Quote:
You and R_Cowgirl seem to be implying that you're kind of a big deal, so perhaps its more to imbue your great musical wisdom upon the masses??
I was wondering the same thing R_Cowgirl said we would be suprised who lefty was. I mean is he Simon or Randy or Ryan typing behind that screen?
Oh and cowgirl you can have Simon if you want him as you said, but I think he and Paula have something going on.

Quote:
I can't stand The Apprentice or The Bachelor, so I don't watch either of those shows, but if my husband did, I'd probably leave the room, OR if I was FORCED to watch, I definitely wouldn't get on CD and start searching for the Apprentice thread so that I could tell all the fans how moronic they are. Know what I mean jellybean??
My dh watches The Bachelor and Idol with me even though he didn't care for them. The deal was if he watched those with me, I would watch Nascar.....little did I know how LONG Nascar was. But I agree, if a person doesn't really like the show, they can leave the room. I would never get on the auto racing thread on cd and start analizing the race (because I could care less about it) Especially when there are people on there that like Nascar...just like on this site we LOVE idol.

[quote=lovesMountains;8500268]

Quote:
OHMYGOSH, if you listen to the whole thing that ending note lenth is UNBELIEVABLE.
Adam Lambert at 22 - Brigadoon - YouTube - Truveo Video Search
Thank you!! That was worth watching and it ended my day perfectly.

Moderator cut: cut

Adam is different. I honestly don't think in all the years there has been anyone like him and as talented. David Cook was my favorite last year and Katherine Mcphee in season 5, but I would say if you put any of the winners of previous years in this year against Adam, I still think he would win. Carrie Underwood I feel is the best of any past seasons...and I don't even like country music

Moderator cut: deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Quote:
You are so welcome I knew I had to just go ahead and download Ring of Fire when I couldn't get it out of my head for two days!
That's how I feel about "Mad World" I was humming that at work the day after he sang that.

[quote=NicoleJ;8504206]

Quote:
I'm glad Lil's gone. Her singing made me cringe. But DAMN. If I had her body, I'd be naked all day long, lol. She has an AMAZING figure.
I had to pop my dh on the head to get him to stop drooling

She does have a nice body, but the booty was a little too big my DH said. I was thinking the same thing

Last edited by Beretta; 04-25-2009 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: deleted post quotes cut

Old 04-25-2009, 07:16 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,656,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Are you talking like Paula and actually claiming he will be equal to Elvis, Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger?

Because to suggest that someone 27 years old could somehow ascend from nothing to their greatness without having been discovered yet is pretty ridiculous. At Lambert's age, Jagger had already released a dozen albums that were certified Gold or higher. Tyler had already released 3 platinum albums, Elvis had released 6 Gold albums and 4 #1s. Lambert has talent, but seriously, he's not going to be in their class.

I'm thinking Culture Club/Boy George is more of a realistic trajectory for his career.
again on target

Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM

watch the above video....I think you will feel differently. He is so far from Boy George it's not even funny. I have never heard anyone on American Idol sing as well as him.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:36 PM

45,264 posts, read 84,386,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
watch the above video....I think you will feel differently. He is so far from Boy George it's not even funny. I have never heard anyone on American Idol sing as well as him.
REALLY. Boy George, HA! And Dan wanted to know why we accused him of being insulting

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,722,341 times
Adam's awesome. I completely agree. But Kris is just as good. They have completely different styles, but as Kris gains more and more confidence each week, he's proving to be amazing! I love his voice, a bit husky, rich, deep.....

Kris and Adam deserve to be in the top two, for sure.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Adam's awesome. I completely agree. But Kris is just as good. They have completely different styles, but as Kris gains more and more confidence each week, he's proving to be amazing! I love his voice, a bit husky, rich, deep.....

Kris and Adam deserve to be in the top two, for sure.
Kris has definitely grown throughout the competition, but Allison is more talented. I think the final 3 will be Adam, Allison and Kris. Kris could pull ahead of her if she's not careful with her song selection.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,101,920 times
I think the next theme should be a good one for most of the contestants. I can't wait!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I think the next theme should be a good one for most of the contestants. I can't wait!
what is it? I don't remember hearing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV