U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Status: "Carolina Dreamin" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Edina, MN
5,234 posts, read 3,494,367 times
Reputation: 11689
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I think your not use to seeing guys in eyeliner in MN!! lol

I sat next to Prince at a bar downtown years ago - he wore/wears lots of eyeliner. We're big kids here in MN - eyeliner doesn't throw us.

Adam's eyes are cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
 
1,868 posts, read 3,783,179 times
Reputation: 501
Hmmm...I don't see it......what a smile that kid has!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,259 posts, read 8,085,649 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I sat next to Prince at a bar downtown years ago - he wore/wears lots of eyeliner. We're big kids here in MN - eyeliner doesn't throw us.

Adam's eyes are cold.
dish on Prince! Is he a short as he looks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,259 posts, read 8,085,649 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Hmmm...I don't see it......what a smile that kid has!!
When they showed the growing up photos it looks like Adam is a lighter haired person and that really dark hair contrasts with his complexion.
Gosh did I really just say that Time for me to go to bed
Adam rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Status: "Carolina Dreamin" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Edina, MN
5,234 posts, read 3,494,367 times
Reputation: 11689
Prince is very short - I'm 5'3" and he's just 5'5" with his heels on. Sitting at the bar on a bar stool - he was about my size.

I watched him film his first movie - segments were done downtown MPls. He walked by during a break and looked me right in the eye - I suspect her remembered me 'from somewhere'

He had a house here that he painted purple - after "Purple Rain" - his neighbors had a fit about the color and all the action when he was in town.

I can't say I was a big fan of his music but I admire that what he did with his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
43,416 posts, read 52,173,975 times
Reputation: 35680
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
lovesmountains...I just noticed you have over 13000 posts!! Is that for real?? Daaang!!
hahahahahahaha - wow, guess I'd had a thing or two to say around here the last couple of years!

Love your name, btw If my husband and I had had a daughter we were going to name her Shannon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM
 
573 posts, read 144,721 times
Reputation: 199
I guess the producer and/or network put out the word to the judges to hype up the show a bit more.
There were far too many over-the-top superlatives from judges tonight.

Most of the performances were good but no standouts tonight.

This is one of the few times when I totally disagree with Simon - Matt's performance never registered above boring for me.

There were a few places in Allison's performance where she got "in the zone" (the only one to do so tonight, IMO) but she could not maintain it over the entire performance.

Last edited by Tennis702; 04-28-2009 at 11:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
 
573 posts, read 144,721 times
Reputation: 199
Because I play tennis on Tuesday night, I often miss the show. Here's where I find online episodes:

MissedaShow - Search Media (American Idol)

The most recent AI episode will probably be on the last (3rd) page of videos

This was tonight's: MissedaShow - American Idol Season 8 Episode 33 (http://missedashow.net/media/3119/American_Idol_Season_8_Episode_33/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 05:32 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,259 posts, read 8,085,649 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post
Because I play tennis on Tuesday night, I often miss the show. Here's where I find online episodes:

MissedaShow - Search Media (American Idol)

The most recent AI episode will probably be on the last (3rd) page of videos

This was tonight's: MissedaShow - American Idol Season 8 Episode 33 (http://missedashow.net/media/3119/American_Idol_Season_8_Episode_33/ - broken link)
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 05:35 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,259 posts, read 8,085,649 times
Reputation: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Prince is very short - I'm 5'3" and he's just 5'5" with his heels on. Sitting at the bar on a bar stool - he was about my size.

I watched him film his first movie - segments were done downtown MPls. He walked by during a break and looked me right in the eye - I suspect her remembered me 'from somewhere'

He had a house here that he painted purple - after "Purple Rain" - his neighbors had a fit about the color and all the action when he was in town.

I can't say I was a big fan of his music but I admire that what he did with his life.
He is quite the performer, kinda feel like you need a bath after some of his songs
For such a little shrimp he has alot of shall we say man-nagotism Party like its 1999! I remember when that was so far in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top