Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

No. 1 - Adam

No. 2 - Allison

Go home Gokey!

I really hope Adam and Allison are the two left standing! Something about both of them - when they sing - the hair on my arms stands on end! Weird, Huh? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
Adam knows how to play the camera. I remember was it Ace that did that in past seasons and another guy to.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post
Please note that your review this time was done without, in effect, calling those who may disagree with you, idiots.

Kudos - much improved and likely much better received by everyone.

People who think they know it all are especially annoying to those of us who do.
I agree...it was nice being able to read this and altho I disagree with a little bit of it...not much but a tiny bit.....and not be called moronic or an idiot.

It was actually stated as an OPINION not FACT.

I vote this poster as "most improved attitude of 2009!"

Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Awwww, leftydan!!!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 AM

659 posts, read 1,759,657 times
Yaaaaay!!! We're not moronic mommies anymore!!!!! I feel like I just graduated from the short bus.

What Disco Week put asunder, let Rat Pack Week unite! If we can work through our AI tribulations, we can do anything. Next I think we should tackle the humanitarian crisis in Darfur.

Hey - I totally forgot to mention my favorite part of last night - Jamie Foxx!!! He's the BEST coach. I thought he was giving them great advice... and fun-nee.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Kris was really good. Simon was a bit unfair I thought.
That's what sets you apart from some of the Adam Ant puddlers in this thread. You give credit where it's due.

Simon just seems to be entranced by this Adam as well. I think Simon is really into this Adam now, and it's not for his singing ability. It's for his "theatrical" value.

But Kris gave a no BS- no snake-oil performance.

So you Adam Ant worshipers try to ignore what you're hearing and discount it as boring.

I thought Allison was great last night and looked great. She showed us something different and sang very well.

I thought Danny boy quieted some of his doubters a bit and gave his best performance, one that was leaps and bounds better than that garbage Adam presented.

Matt did well and showed some solid singing ability.

So I see Adam, Matt, and perhaps Allison in the bottom three, with Allison as the first safe one.

Flashforward to Nuala; Because I don't slobber all over Adam Ant? Thank you no.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-29-2009 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Dinner was fandabulous! We had open-faced beef enchilada smothered in Pueblo Colorado Green Chile.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's what sets you apart from some of the Adam Ant puddlers in this thread. You give credit where it's due.

Simon just seems to be entranced by this Adam as well. I think Simon is really into this Adam now, and it's not for his singing ability. It's for his "theatrical" value.

But Kris gave a no BS- no snake-oil performance.

So you Adam Ant worshipers try to ignore what you're hearing and discount it as boring.
Now, that's a person who's not ready for the Darfur crisis yet.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Oh Lefty......sigh...do you really read VFTW???? LMAO And who doesn't have a shtick??? I STILL think your crazy for your reviews...in fact I think you might be a lil jealous Lefty!! You should post a song of your singing....would love to hear!!

Hey..anybody check out itunes lately?? Adam's leading the pack...noticed there's more views of his videos too......like waaaay more! So excited for this kid!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:32 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Oh Lefty......sigh...do you really read VFTW???? LMAO And who doesn't have a shtick??? I STILL think your crazy for your reviews...in fact I think you might be a lil jealous Lefty!! You should post a song of your singing....would love to hear!!

Hey..anybody check out itunes lately?? Adam's leading the pack...noticed there's more views of his videos too......like waaaay more! So excited for this kid!
Like I said, I haven't read a review at VFTW before, but I was curious whether they'd choose Matt for their current pick. And then I read the review and it echoed many of the same statements I've made before (albeit in a far more insulting way) that you have gotten so upset about.

I'm certainly not jealous...in fact, the reason why I am so critical is because I know so many singers (myself included) who can sing better than those on Idol each year. Sure, Lambert has a lot of natural talent, but to continually praise Gokey for doing the exact same thing every week (wedding-style performance with a short power-note interlude and lots of hand gestures) and to ignore Giraud's moronic choices every week is simply not what I'm going to do. A person can be critical without being jealous...I have a discerning ear and I don't swoon over wannabes on a reality TV show, I listen for who SOUNDS best and most like a legitimate MUSICIAN.

And Idol iTunes downloads don't translate to future album sales. All it shows is who among the Idol fans are the most rabid...teenaged girls are the majority of the iTunes downloads.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,657 times
Of course everyone has a schtick! Adam has his shiny suits and theatrical performances, I compare cute boys to dessert foods, others intellectualize disco week and validate it with "reputable" internet sources...

And (just to be sure we're staying on topic) let's not forget the judges - Randy's "dawgs," Kara's... well I guess I don't know WHAT her schtick is, Paula's red pill/blue pill days, Simon's v-neck muscle sweaters, etc.

My favorite schtick?? All those dopes who try out for Idol thinking they can sing better than anyone else! Aren't those deluded idiots hilarious?? Isn't it fun to laugh at those poor fools who talk about how much experience they have as singers, how classically trained they are, how many years they have in the "biz," and then you get to see them make complete idiots out of themselves on national television?? So. Funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV