U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 PM

2,738 posts, read 2,493,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
oops ...sorry R cowgirl!! I forgot about time zones!! Don't look next week!! lol
Eh, Shannon, that's ok. I enjoy the first night more than the second. Although it DOES give me a chance to drool over Simon again. I'll come back and watch the AI site to see what happened. Besides, y'all are way more fun than the show. If I had to watch it alone, I prob'ly wouldn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,094,674 times
hijack

Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM

4,163 posts, read 5,791,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I have a feeling that this competiton will turn out like last year competition.David Cook didnt stand a chance against Archuletta and now look what happened.
Hi GDude......I thought DAvid A. was going to win last year, even though I wanted David C. I think the judges thought David A was too. Anything can happen. I am voting every minute for Adam from now on. I was thinking that he would be safe without me voting, but if every one thought that he wouldnt get votes.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM

3,669 posts, read 4,903,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
the Idol Tell-All book that is SURE to show up somewhere down the line is one I would buy in a heartbeat...
I'm not sure if a tell-all book is possible, because of the contract? Nobody can divulge anything connected with the show, forever and ever. Bet 19 studio has good lawyers drawing it up, covering all possibilities....

Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM

2,073 posts, read 5,581,912 times
Alison and Danny got more votes than Adam, Chris and Matt? That is crazy. These 3 are way better than Danny anyway. I think some women are fickle about Danny, with his story. Who knows.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,592,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Is it spreading that bad?
The Ft. Worth school district just closed every single campus until May 11. 80,000 students there. Up until now only individual schools were closing - just the schools who had a kid with it. Also, all high school athletic events statewide have been cancelled for the next couple of weeks.

On topic - I really find it hard to believe Adam really was the 2nd to last vote getter. I'm suspicious.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,301,860 times
smart idea Texas

Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 PM

25,493 posts, read 11,586,287 times
Well, I guess I am officially an old fogie.... if that was the number one song *Jamie Foxx's song, then America is in pretty bad shape.

And I like Jamie Foxx. But that performance sucked. Bad.

Kind of sad to see the wart hog go, I would rather have seen the red-haired girl go. Simon's t-shirt was in especially bad shape tonight. I'm surprised he didn't have a few bullet holes in it.

I thought Adam and Matt hated each other? They looked pretty chummy up there to me.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,681,197 times
Quote:
Some pendants for moronic teenagers-slash-mommies (hmmmmm.... still avoiding the live-in girlfriends category.... maybe because of potential real-life consequences???? )

Handmade Jewelry on Etsy - MiaPapaya - Adam Lambert American Idol Scrabble Tile Pendant or Pin Jewelry by miapapaya[]=tags&includes[]=title

Handmade Accessories on Etsy - ADAM LAMBERT / RING OF FIRE by RedDoorCreations[]=tags&includes[]=title
Etsy shout out!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 PM

2,738 posts, read 2,493,949 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if a tell-all book is possible, because of the contract? Nobody can divulge anything connected with the show, forever and ever. Bet 19 studio has good lawyers drawing it up, covering all possibilities....
That doesn't mean they wouldn't strategically have one of them release an "unauthorized" book when the AI franchise starts to go downhill. It would resuscitate the brand for about a year. As they say in the industry, even bad news is good news. Famous H-wood types have to allow themselves to be stalked and lied about. It keeps them in the limelight. It's why I wouldn't want to be on Idol or anything like it. (Not that I could. I definitely could clear a room if i started singing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV