U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

51,552 posts, read 12,358,199 times

Advertisements

Adam and Allison's duet was very good and they seemed to be having a good time performing last night but I can't say the same for Kris and Danny... IMO they both came up short together and by themselves. Last night definitely belonged to Adam and Allison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM

264 posts, read 685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I wish there were more suspense this year. It's not as fun when you know who's going to win. Allison and Adam were cute together tonight. I thought Allison's performance was the best. I have no clue who's going tomorrow, but it might be Kris, and I don't like it!
I totally agree with this. To me, AI is entertaining, but is lacking suspense this year. Last year, I was surprized and utterly delighted when Cookie won. This year things are too predictable. I'll keep watching though,...after all, I'm addicted.

Last edited by Southernkomfort27; 05-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 AM

4,118 posts, read 7,640,942 times
Paula Abdul will perform tonight:

Paula Abdul To Perform New Single On 'American Idol' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Old 05-06-2009, 08:12 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,722,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
I think that listening to Robert Plant singing Whole Lotta Love, then immediately listening to Adam Lambert's version, illustrates what a great singer he really is. Of course, by "he" I mean Robert Plant. Everyone seems to be falling all over themselves proclaiming Lambert's performance the greatest thing ever, but I just didn't hear it. It started off okay, but disintegrated into the whineyness and howling that I just don't wanna listen to. I was hoping Adam would do something like "Welcome To The Jungle" -- a song where he may actually compare favorably to the original singer. IMO, when you sing Robert Plant, you pretty much guarantee that you're gonna pale in comparison.

I had the same worries about Kris doing the Beatles, but I think he pulled it off wonderfully. He did some unexpected things with the song, and unlike the judgetards, I thought it really worked. I'd listen to that on the radio every time it came on.

I liked Allison, but didn't really love the song. I was hoping she'd do anything BUT Janis (my pick for her would've been something like Enter Sandman by Metallica -- I wanted to see her rock the eff out and make something her own). But it was fine. I wouldn't change the station if I came across that on the radio.

Gokey. Wow. Awful, dude. Go home.
I have to agree with you. I enjoy Adam much more when he's singing songs like "Mad World". His screaming is starting to grate on me. Don't get me wrong...I still love the guy, but not his hard-rock side.

Kris didn't get the props he deserved (except from Randy, who called it right). His performance of "Come Together" was classy, mature, edgy, and he actually sang it instead of screaming it.

I know Adam will win, and he IS good, but Kris deserves second.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 AM

2,487 posts, read 5,481,467 times
Adam is a Glam Rocker...Slaughter, GNR type of music. If he stick to what his vocals are for he will do well. If he comes off and does the whole David thing were he really didn't stick to his roots he will be forgotten.

Allison, I could see her with some type of punk retro album...or shall I say CD.

I liked Kris...but what kind of music would he make? Where does he fit?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM

31,322 posts, read 16,897,559 times
I thought Chris's song Come Together was decent. It's a cool song, and it probably sounded a lot better live with that band.

Randy: YO! YO! yo! Okay, check this out. (get him some new lines already)

I never liked Allison, but I think she did pretty well last night, that's a good genre for her voice. She might even make the top three thanks to the poor showing of Chris and Danny.

I KNEW that Danny was going to do the "scream" and blow it. Even Slash did. .

What's this I hear about President Obama being at the AI finals (maybe).

Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 AM

817 posts, read 2,353,568 times
I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I don't like the four-judge format. Way too much time is devoted to the judge's comments, and they tend to be the same old stuff. It has made the show a little duller, IMO. I like Allison more than she seems to be getting credit for. For a seventeen-year-old (wasn't she 16 when she auditioned?) I think she's pretty awesome.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM

4,717 posts, read 13,412,367 times
Obviously, Danny was trying to pull an Adam and show off with some howling. Ouch my ears. It didnt work kid.
I used to think the scrunching of his nose was cute. Now its like a trademark or somthing,still like the guy, but as much as I hate to say, this, he should go next.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 AM

3,131 posts, read 10,119,416 times
I got home later than I wanted to, so used my trusty dvr! I had only a few minutes to get my ADAM votes in! got in around 10 of them! Loved Adam. He was excellent. I don't get the people who say he won't translate into the mainstream. I think he can be a lot of different things. has a great range. can glam rock it up, or really tone it down. Kris was ok. It was a safe rock choice for him. Danny..OMG it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Now, Adam could have sung that song and nailed it. Allyson did ok too. I did think that her song choice was fairly safe for her and maybe a different choice would have made it excellent. The Adam/Allyson duet was excellent. they rocked it and truly had a blast! can't wait until tonight!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 AM

4,118 posts, read 7,640,942 times
Back in March (too lazy to go back to find the post) I predicted that the order of elimination would be: Lil, Anoop, Kris or Matt, Kris or Matt, Danny, and the last two would be Allison and Adam. If Kris goes home tonight, I'll be still winning my own bet .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV