U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 AM

879 posts, read 2,945,788 times

Advertisements

I have never posted on this thread, but am an AI junkie. In the beginning I said it would be Danny and Adam. I have learned to LOVE Kris! He is an AI for me because I have watched him grow as a person and an artist. He has developed. We all know Danny and Adam can sing, but to watch the tranformation in Kris is the deal sealer for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,708,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
No, butchered is what Adam did to "One." It's probably because I am a huge U2 fan but that was one of the worst performances I heard this year.
I agree with one hand over my eye, but I think the short nature of these performances really do a disservice to songs like "one" that have much musical introduction and build up. I think he may have only watch the Mary J. part. He missed the subtle nature of the song. I am concerned........

Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
OK. Just watched the entire show. Kris's performance of "Heartless" was hands down the best of all 6 songs.

I still think that Adam is very talented but he will struggle in the business. He killed both songs tonight and I don't see where he fits in to a musical genre. If I heard his 2 songs on the radio while in my car I would've driven as fast as possible into the nearest pole.
I think Kris reminds me of Darius, from Hootie and the BF!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM

[quote=Chickrae;8785572][quote=Tennis702;8785115]

Cult of Adam? thats interesting. Well big fans of Adam would of been more appropriate.....or you would of been ok with cougar mamas...lol. I guess we are followers...like a cult

He had enough magic to make me cry when he sang the song

[quote=NicoleJ;8785352][

It's ok.....they just want to be invited into our elite "group" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post

Every song? Did Tracks of my Tears sound like Whole Lotta Love? Or did Mad World sound like Play that Funky Music? or Born to be Wild sound like One? All different. Yes he has an amazing range and he loves the high notes and shows his range week after week, but I don't see that every song he sings sounds alike
Now Danny's songs all sound alike to me
Right on!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 AM

Ok here is my take.....
Danny just looks plain tired...I am sure he hears the death bells.
Simon gave Adam the "you are in" stamp when he told the nation that Bono personally approved Adam singing "One" Win or lose is absolutely a no brainer. He will have a heck of a career.
If Kris wins, good for him, he will need the AI machine to fluff and fold him. He will make a few good songs.

We all know deep down that Adam is so far ahead of AI standards. He is very demonstrative (is that a word?) when he sings, and he needs more than the 2 minutes or so they give.

Talk to ya tonight, no matter how it goes he looks great and sings great, I think he may have been preparing himself when he said he was glad to be in the other's company.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM

757 posts, read 1,421,412 times
I started out a huge Adam fan but very quickly became a Kris fan.

I thought Adam's singing last night was horrendous. I agree he ruined One with his screeching. Honestly, it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. And then he did it AGAIN with his second song. The more I see of him, the less I like him.

I hope it comes down to Danny and Kris and Kris wins!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,548,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I started out a huge Adam fan but very quickly became a Kris fan.

I thought Adam's singing last night was horrendous. I agree he ruined One with his screeching. Honestly, it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. And then he did it AGAIN with his second song. The more I see of him, the less I like him.

I hope it comes down to Danny and Kris and Kris wins!!!
Ok...I'm to the point I don't want Adam to win.....the last few weeks have just about made me not care who wins at all.

Yes, Adam has a LOT of talent but I'm so over the judges kissing his behind.
The other are just as good but don't have the same stage presence.

I'll watch now out of curiosity but no longer care.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 AM

757 posts, read 1,421,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Ok...I'm to the point I don't want Adam to win.....the last few weeks have just about made me not care who wins at all.

Yes, Adam has a LOT of talent but I'm so over the judges kissing his behind.
The other are just as good but don't have the same stage presence.

I'll watch now out of curiosity but no longer care.

You're right...why does Simon in particular suck up to Adam?

I think Simon said what he said last night about Adam because he's worried about him tonight. I think Simon was trying to sway voters .....

Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,358,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Ok here is my take.....
Danny just looks plain tired...I am sure he hears the death bells.
Simon gave Adam the "you are in" stamp when he told the nation that Bono personally approved Adam singing "One" Win or lose is absolutely a no brainer. He will have a heck of a career.
If Kris wins, good for him, he will need the AI machine to fluff and fold him. He will make a few good songs.

We all know deep down that Adam is so far ahead of AI standards. He is very demonstrative (is that a word?) when he sings, and he needs more than the 2 minutes or so they give.

Talk to ya tonight, no matter how it goes he looks great and sings great, I think he may have been preparing himself when he said he was glad to be in the other's company.
I agree with everything you said here! 90 minutes is really really short to piece One together. I also don't think Adam is a lock for the finale. I'm hoping and I voted like a crazy person, but you just never know!! It's going to be a long results show tonight with me on pins and needles. LOL Kris deserves it. Danny should have gone home last week. But I belong 100% to the Cult of Adam. Take me to your leader.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,358,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
You're right...why does Simon in particular suck up to Adam?

I think Simon said what he said last night about Adam because he's worried about him tonight. I think Simon was trying to sway voters .....
He's looking at the big picture and seeing $$$$$$$ signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV