U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,852,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Hey anyone catch what Simon said at the end of the shows? I didn't and I have no speakers to hear it. Please let me know!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
what on earth did Simon mean about ding dongs????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
What's "the big ding dong"?
Simon warned the last two contestants to be prepared, because it "will be a big ding dong".

The only explanation so far was provided by Kats :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Well, I could tell ya, but then I would have to .......oh lol, I have no clue either! Other than the obvious which doesn't apply, hmmm ....unless you take into account those Adam Pants!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM

2,484 posts, read 3,636,889 times
Thanks nuala!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 PM

2,518 posts, read 846,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Katy Perry sucks in live performances....very very bad TV
That's because she has no talent. She's created in a corporate office..."let's dress a pretty girl up like a doll, make her open her eyes really wide and sing songs about kissing other girls and having all night parties". It's pathetic that ANYONE thinks she's talented. Her "songs" are just created by a corporate team that has also created songs for such wonderful bands like 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys and nSync. Seriously, how does this crap sell when there's so much great music that goes completely ignored?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:33 PM

5,266 posts, read 4,427,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I will say as a mom, not a cougar, that I like the way Adam always sincerely thanks people, and seems to always acknowledge the band first. I like polite kids, someone raised him with manners. When he sings, as in MadWorld, he does have a beautiful voice. Dont like screeching, but I think thats the part the rockers like.

I definitely think Adam is genuine saying thank you to the audience and to Simon et al......Danny I think it went to his head a bit......

Kris is so soft spoken that I don't know how he will make it in the music world.>> He is a super nice guy though ! HE seems genuine too...not like some of the contestants that think they are all that! and then have their bubbles burst!

Carrie Underwood is a prime example of a genuine, classy star!! She is one of the few.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,307,579 times
nuala you are killing me!!! LOL Love the pic of Adam and Kris together!! And the tongue, oh my!

I think it will be a great finale!!! I hope they get to duet together. I don't think Adam will try to up Kris like Danny did because from the photos, they seem to be really good friends. Also Kris' family always stands for Adam and the reverse. I think both guys were raised well and their families should be very proud of them. I can't wait to see what both sing next week!!

I love Adam and think he embodies all that is an American Idol so I think he deserves the win, but I do agree that he will probably be much happier as an artist if he doesn't. I also think Kris is very talented in his own right and has a great personality. If you read the USA today article, he's a really funny guy and it just doesn't come across on stage for whatever reason. It could be his lack of experience so the AI polishing would be great for him. Can't wait for next week!

I wonder if Kara will deliver a good coronation song? They've been soooooo bad for so long. Maybe she'll finally be useful and come up with something fabulous.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,937,239 times
ha ha...love it!! And for anyone who doesn't understand it...it's a vocal technique he was taught by a coach....

Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,937,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
That's because she has no talent. She's created in a corporate office..."let's dress a pretty girl up like a doll, make her open her eyes really wide and sing songs about kissing other girls and having all night parties". It's pathetic that ANYONE thinks she's talented. Her "songs" are just created by a corporate team that has also created songs for such wonderful bands like 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys and nSync. Seriously, how does this crap sell when there's so much great music that goes completely ignored?
It's a cycle....c'mon..when you look back I think we all had people we listened too when we were tweens....and looking back going ..What were we thinking?

Hey...those boy bands are manufactured...sure...but they CAN sing!!! You forgot BOYS 2 MEN!!! lol

It's funny that most of the celebs this year didn't sound very good....Jordan was horrible last night...Gwen and Katy were bad....Kanye and Jamie didn't even sing live.....geesh.....the AI contestants sound better!!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM

3,651 posts, read 4,852,047 times
"What do I want after Idol? Well, I certainly don't want to go back to driving semis, so I guess I'd like to help people better themselves," says Wisconsin native Gokey, 29.

Allen, 23, shakes his head. "I wasn't doing anything before I auditioned, which really was my brother's idea, just going to the University of Central Arkansas. But I've now found what I'm supposed to do with my life. I want to take this ball and run with it."

If Gokey and Allen come across as mellow Midwesterners, San Diego native Lambert, 27, seems carved from the gritty asphalt at Hollywood and Vine. "I want to do the pop-star thing," says Lambert, who's difficult to overlook with his dyed black-and-blue locks and Cleopatra eyeliner. "I want to open people's minds. I want to push buttons."

Behind the 'Idol' curtain: 3 finalists, 3 days, zero rest - USATODAY.com

Oh that is so funny - how Adam shops for a song:

"Ten minutes later, Lambert stands up and stomps a single snakeskin boot: "All right, we're done. Let's go shopping."

After a trip of a few blocks by car, Lambert and stylist Miles Siggins walk freely through the posh Beverly Center mall. No one stops the Idol finalist. This is L.A., and Lambert isn't yet A-list.

Inside the hip-with-cash store Traffic, Lambert and Siggins fall in love with a faded denim shirt by Dolce & Gabbana. At $695, it comes close to his two-song budget of $800. Not that that would stop Lambert.

"He's broken Taylor Hicks' record for spending the most out of your own pocket," Siggins says, laughing. "And I'm not telling you by how much."

Lambert says the white suit he wore to sing the Rat Pack-era tune Feeling Good cost $1,700. "But in this competition, the visual is as important as the voice," he says. "I'll spend what I have to."

Says Siggins: "Adam's my modern-day David Bowie."

With that, the two are off to admire a sandblasted pair of jeans from Hysteric Glamour for $855. "I love this," whispers Lambert.

In the end, though, nothing makes Lambert's cut, and he moves on to other stores. "

Last edited by nuala; 05-14-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
It's a cycle....c'mon..when you look back I think we all had people we listened too when we were tweens....and looking back going ..What were we thinking?

Hey...those boy bands are manufactured...sure...but they CAN sing!!! You forgot BOYS 2 MEN!!! lol

It's funny that most of the celebs this year didn't sound very good....Jordan was horrible last night...Gwen and Katy were bad....Kanye and Jamie didn't even sing live.....geesh.....the AI contestants sound better!!
Boyz 2 Men actually sang, plus I have a special place in my heart for the band responsible for all of my slow dances with pretty girls in middle school...those others tended to be backed by synthesizers.

Sadly, I have to agree that most Idols sound better than the guests...but then again, that's usually a reflection of who the guests are and not the level of talent for the Idols.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
"What do I want after Idol? Well, I certainly don't want to go back to driving semis, so I guess I'd like to help people better themselves," says Wisconsin native Gokey, 29.

Allen, 23, shakes his head. "I wasn't doing anything before I auditioned, which really was my brother's idea, just going to the University of Central Arkansas. But I've now found what I'm supposed to do with my life. I want to take this ball and run with it."

If Gokey and Allen come across as mellow Midwesterners, San Diego native Lambert, 27, seems carved from the gritty asphalt at Hollywood and Vine. "I want to do the pop-star thing," says Lambert, who's difficult to overlook with his dyed black-and-blue locks and Cleopatra eyeliner. "I want to open people's minds. I want to push buttons."

Behind the 'Idol' curtain: 3 finalists, 3 days, zero rest - USATODAY.com

Oh that is so funny - how Adam shops for a song:

"Ten minutes later, Lambert stands up and stomps a single snakeskin boot: "All right, we're done. Let's go shopping."

After a trip of a few blocks by car, Lambert and stylist Miles Siggins walk freely through the posh Beverly Center mall. No one stops the Idol finalist. This is L.A., and Lambert isn't yet A-list.

Inside the hip-with-cash store Traffic, Lambert and Siggins fall in love with a faded denim shirt by Dolce & Gabbana. At $695, it comes close to his two-song budget of $800. Not that that would stop Lambert.

"He's broken Taylor Hicks' record for spending the most out of your own pocket," Siggins says, laughing. "And I'm not telling you by how much."

Lambert says the white suit he wore to sing the Rat Pack-era tune Feeling Good cost $1,700. "But in this competition, the visual is as important as the voice," he says. "I'll spend what I have to."

Says Siggins: "Adam's my modern-day David Bowie."

With that, the two are off to admire a sandblasted pair of jeans from Hysteric Glamour for $855. "I love this," whispers Lambert.

In the end, though, nothing makes Lambert's cut, and he moves on to other stores. "

Sounds like we're going to have a good E! True Hollywood Story about Adam Lambert in 10 years.

"Lambert didn't win Idol but that didn't stop him from living the Idol lifestyle. $700 pairs of jeans, $500 haircuts and $1,000 shoes were a daily habit for him. Within a year of his first album going platinum (yes, I said it), Lambert spent every penny he earned and had over $500,000 in debt. He went bankrupt, then he turned to drugs and alcohol, having wild sex parties and going deeper and deeper into debt."

Sounds like Lambert wont be the next Boy George after all...he's going to be the next MC Hammer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV