Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,448,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Sounds like we're going to have a good E! True Hollywood Story about Adam Lambert in 10 years.

"Lambert didn't win Idol but that didn't stop him from living the Idol lifestyle. $700 pairs of jeans, $500 haircuts and $1,000 shoes were a daily habit for him. Within a year of his first album going platinum (yes, I said it), Lambert spent every penny he earned and had over $500,000 in debt. He went bankrupt, then he turned to drugs and alcohol, having wild sex parties and going deeper and deeper into debt."

Sounds like Lambert wont be the next Boy George after all...he's going to be the next MC Hammer!
I find it endearing rather... Nobody broke their bank - Bowie, Mercury, Elvis, with all their extravaganza. Unless you shop absolutely pointlessly AND not making any records like later Michael Jackson... Look at the wild parties Freddie was having almost non-stop... They have to stay away from drugs though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,196 times
Katy Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still liked Gwen, she is really. Although not her best performance....she is not digitally enhanced unlike other singers.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Katy Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I still liked Gwen, she is really. Although not her best performance....she is not digitally enhanced unlike other singers.
I love Gwen too....just not on the show this year! Have you heard her do "Your the Boss" with Brian Setzer?? Amaaaaaaazing!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I love Gwen too....just not on the show this year! Have you heard her do "Your the Boss" with Brian Setzer?? Amaaaaaaazing!
Yes! She is one of the true singers. Unlike Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Jamie Foxx, Taylor Swift where they have to have digital help.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,285,164 times
I really dislike that digitized mess. You actually wouldn't need a real person - just a computer and a synthesizer - you would have the "voice" and the beat. Maybe fun sometime, but not real music - in my opinion, anyhow!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:47 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,119,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Sounds like we're going to have a good E! True Hollywood Story about Adam Lambert in 10 years.

"Lambert didn't win Idol but that didn't stop him from living the Idol lifestyle. $700 pairs of jeans, $500 haircuts and $1,000 shoes were a daily habit for him. Within a year of his first album going platinum (yes, I said it), Lambert spent every penny he earned and had over $500,000 in debt. He went bankrupt, then he turned to drugs and alcohol, having wild sex parties and going deeper and deeper into debt."

Sounds like Lambert wont be the next Boy George after all...he's going to be the next MC Hammer!
You don't have to be an American Idol to spend that much on jeans and shoes. Louboutin will be my downfall.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
You don't have to be an American Idol to spend that much on jeans and shoes. Louboutin will be my downfall.
Oy... Living the frugal life amongst the chickens all I can do is cheer the spenders... Sigh.. a pair of Louboutins, a Balenciaga bag, and True Religion, and I can last for another 10 years...

Regarding Kara's coronation song, I missed it - is she supposed to choose one?

Old 05-14-2009, 05:10 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,285,164 times
Mookster - Ha! I love your status! You little bedazzler, you!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,119,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Oy... Living the frugal life amongst the chickens all I can do is cheer the spenders... Sigh.. a pair of Louboutins, a Balenciaga bag, and True Religion, and I can last for another 10 years...

Regarding Kara's coronation song, I missed it - is she supposed to choose one?
Don't look at his spring collection! Aaaaaahhhhhh! Resistance is futile!

From what I've read Kara is writing or cowriting the coronation song.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Don't look at his spring collection! Aaaaaahhhhhh! Resistance is futile!

From what I've read Kara is writing or cowriting the coronation song.
Ha! The first thing on the Louboutin website is ELVES EARS!!!!!!

The shoes are a bit way out there for me, but I can totally see Adam in them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV