Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I'd love to know what they say. The first time I saw him mentioned on Fox was several weeks ago on O'Reilly who didn't say anything bad about him. He basically said the pictures shouldn't matter and that it's a singing competition.
Yeah...good ol Bill is sly like that...he puts it out there and then backs off...he called the pics of Adam embarrassing .....he actually isn't on tonight..it's that weird Blonde fill in. She is usually worse....Ann Coulter wanna be......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Yeah...good ol Bill is sly like that...he puts it out there and then backs off...he actually isn't on tonight..it's that weird Blonde fill in. She is usually worse....Ann Coulter wanna be......
What did she say that was bashing? I didn't get to watch it but will try to catch the repeat later tonight.

I can assure you the night I watched it Bill didn't even hint at bashing Adam.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
What did she say that was bashing? I didn't get to watch it but will try to catch the repeat later tonight.

I can assure you the night I watched it Bill didn't even hint at bashing Adam.
"Bill O'Reilly, a homophobe who knows what plays to his old white guy audience, did at least two features on Lambert's sexuality, creating an issue where none needed exist. He first brought up the Internet photos of Lambert kissing a guy and asked if this would be a "problem" for America, an America who might not have even thought about it until O'Reilly brought it up. And right before the Idol finale he brought on Newsweek's Ramin Setoodeh, author of an article about the "Christian vote" going to Allen, again planting a seed in a public who might not previously have thought of it. O'Reilly is a skilled propagandist, warning us against the evils of the secular world before they even entered our minds. And Steoodeh wrote, post 'Idol," about reasons why Lambert may have lost, neglecting to mention how he himself may have contributed."

That's from the article mentioned by HawaiiLover.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:47 PM

She hasn't talked about it yet......and yes...Bill called the pictures embarrassing...for who? Adam isn't embarrassed about them.......so why be embarrassed.....Bill knew what he was doing. I haven't seen any of the other networks mention it at all. Only Fox. Ok its coming up in a minute..I'll let you know.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM

Ok it's on the cultural wars segment perfect...lmao

Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
"Bill O'Reilly, a homophobe who knows what plays to his old white guy audience, did at least two features on Lambert's sexuality, creating an issue where none needed exist. He first brought up the Internet photos of Lambert kissing a guy and asked if this would be a "problem" for America, an America who might not have even thought about it until O'Reilly brought it up. And right before the Idol finale he brought on Newsweek's Ramin Setoodeh, author of an article about the "Christian vote" going to Allen, again planting a seed in a public who might not previously have thought of it. O'Reilly is a skilled propagandist, warning us against the evils of the secular world before they even entered our minds. And Steoodeh wrote, post 'Idol," about reasons why Lambert may have lost, neglecting to mention how he himself may have contributed."

That's from the article mentioned by HawaiiLover.
If you think O'Reilly was the first and only media to run a story about the pictures, you're sorely mistaken. I saw it on the more liberal stations first. Why is it that it only bothers people that it appeared on Fox? Either way, attention was brought to it.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM

Ok Laura Ingraham was cool...no bashing......

Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
If you think O'Reilly was the first and only media to run a story about the pictures, you're sorely mistaken. I saw it on the more liberal stations first. Why is it that it only bothers people that it appeared on Fox? Either way, attention was brought to it.
Oh...I watch msnbc....cnn....everyday and never saw anything on it......I guess it just doesn't surprise me about Fox...lol

Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I'd be happy if Paula could speak without a long pause between every word!!!
Paula's in good company. President Obama haters criticize him for the same speech pattern. I guess some people like to think before they speak.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Paula's in good company. President Obama haters criticize him for the same speech pattern. I guess some people like to think before they speak.
lmao.....But O'bama isn't as bad.....and he has more important things to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV