Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post

If you can't identify what key the singer is singing in, you really can't expect your opinion to be correct on who is a better singer. If you scream your entire song and put on a rockstar costume when you're actually just another flaming gay guy who does musical theater, you don't deserve to win. And Danny Gokey? Please...he actually said he will be a Christian music artist...is that what Idol is supposed to find? He wasn't terrible last night, but he's clearly not as good of a musician as Matt or Kris in any measurement of musical skills.
Oh man, those are disgusting pictures that could probably get him kicked off the show. Horrible and disgusting. I did think he was the best performer of the night and thought that he looked a bit "less gay" than he did before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
I'm sure that Adam isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger and Adam's voice could be that of their love child. So, I don't hear the screeching at all. I think he has a bit of Elvis sneer thrown in for good measure too. I've read all the speculations and I couldn't care less. He's my favorite by a long shot. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I find him really hot either.

That's the wonderful thing about music, it's subjective much like art. We each have our own preference and what speaks to me totally turns someone else off.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
...I mainly hate this show and am just in the same room when someone else watches it, so... just so you know!
I'm quoting myself to reiterate this comment here from conversation with another poster in here.

The above is true, and I'd like to add that I have to watch the show in order to get fed dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I usually eat out on Monday and Friday nights, or I just wouldn't come home after the show is over.

So since I'm forced to watch it... Add: oh, well I would have to come home on Wednesday Nights anyway! It's a LOST night!

LOST > AI everyday of the week!

So Leftydan6, since you're the musical authority in here now, let me ask you a question; You mentioned that
David Archuleta here;

Quote:
You are the people who also voted for David Archuleta after he forgot the lyrics multiple times.
Very few of us were Archuleta fans in here. Most were Cook fans. But my question is this; are you saying
David Enchilada is without talent because he muffed some stupid Beatle's lyrics? Are you saying he wasn't worthy of making it to the final 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Of course, it doesn't hurt that I find him really hot either.
Well this is good, Mook! If Adam ever catches a glimpse of your profile pic, this might straighten him up a bit... ... not that there's anything wrong with that!

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-11-2009 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
Quote:
Of course, it doesn't hurt that I find him really hot either.
I don't know that the feeling would be mutual, lol.

On another note, I don't see what the big deal is about those pictures. So he's gay. So what? The point is - can he sing? YUP.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:40 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
Aw, thank you McGowdog. I still can't help but laugh that you are forced to watch the show or no dinner for you. It's not so bad, is it?

And while I realize the attraction probably wouldn't be mutual, the girls at work and I have decided that we will just admire him from afar anyway. I didn't open the pics because I am at work and like my job, but if they are the licking pics I believe they are from a show and not just random.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
I'm sure that Adam isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger and Adam's voice could be that of their love child. So, I don't hear the screeching at all. I think he has a bit of Elvis sneer thrown in for good measure too. I've read all the speculations and I couldn't care less. He's my favorite by a long shot. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I find him really hot either.

That's the wonderful thing about music, it's subjective much like art. We each have our own preference and what speaks to me totally turns someone else off.
I love Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger too...that's why I hate Adam, because he's a poser trying to be like them. He has none of their uniqueness, just copies them as if he's playing them in a Rock Opera.

Just like last year when Archuleta absolutely butchered Imagine (especially since he's a Mormon singing a song that promotes the absence of religion), I don't get how all the love is thrown towards someone who just sounded like a second-rate version of the original without any of the message the song was meant to convey.

If you didn't hear the screeching, I am not sure why you are even commenting on his skills at all, because even those who really like him have mentioned it.

I was entertained by Nick/Norman and Tatiana too...but that doesn't mean he deserves to steal a shot from a legitimate singer with actual talent, like Danny's friend Jamar (who was so much better than Danny) or Ricky Braddy or the really good black guy from the last day of the semis. The more they promote the "stage presence" the less legitimate the winners are. Shouldn't talent be the main thing? Should it matter that you think the artist is hot if you have to LISTEN to them? This I do not understand. I'd rather listen to Melissa Etheridge instead of Jessica Simpson because she's got a better voice and something artistic about her. When it comes down to it, if you're at a concert and the singer can't hold a tune or have anything original to their act, the concert sucks...but if they have actual talent and originality, it's wonderful.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

So Leftydan6, since you're the musical authority in here now, let me ask you a question; You mentioned that
David Archuleta here;

Very few of us were Archuleta fans in here. Most were Cook fans. But my question is this; are you saying
David Enchilada is without talent because he muffed some stupid Beatle's lyrics? Are you saying he wasn't worthy of making it to the final 2?
Actually, he messed up lyrics three different times during the season, and any of his non-ballad songs were incredibly painful to listen to. His voice was decent, but certainly not worthy of the top 2, there were plenty of better singers who went down early because of the 12 year old girls and the bible thumpers who voted for him in droves.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I don't know that the feeling would be mutual, lol.

On another note, I don't see what the big deal is about those pictures. So he's gay. So what? The point is - can he sing? YUP.

Yes the guy can sing. He is in a whole different league than the others.... ..a league ahead! I agree...who cares if he is gay...it's not a sexual preference competition.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I thought Adam,Allison,Danny and Matt were good but was disappointed in Anoop and Jorge. Alexis was too over the top in her rendition of the song and as for Kris he may be good looking to some but IMO is not an AI.
I agree in that order too.....Adam, Allison, Danny were my favorite. Matt did well too. Kris is definitely not AI.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,230 times
I don't like the rules changing. This is suppose to be people picking the America Idol the judges picked the ones to look at. If Jennifer Husdon or the others who got kicked off early had stayed mabe they wouldn't be where they are now. If you got it you will find fame no matter if your 1 or 7. I think it is mean to know America didn't pick you and then to find out the judges won't save you either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV