Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I haven't seen this reported elsewhere, but so incredibly sad if it's true. BREAKING NEWS: David Cook’s Brother Adam Dies | RadarOnline.com

That is so sad. I have been out of town and didn't know about this till I read your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
ok Adam fans ...go look at Slash's facebook page!! It's the first one listed!!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
Sorry to read about David Cook's brother. At least David got a last chance to say goodbye.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:09 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Do you have that link? Where'd you find it? I've always wondered how they choose the songs and what the restrictions are. Remember last season one of the singers got in trouble because he combined two songs and I guess AI had to pay Royalties for both of them.
Go to what not to sing . com and it's under the rock and roll 2 section. Just click and open the spreadsheet.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Scroll down to the bottom of the first section to hear recordings that Adam did for something called District 78. District 78 » YES!! VMAs!!! Today!!!! (http://www.district78.com/2009/04/yes-vmas-today/ - broken link)

Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of the first section to hear recordings that Adam did for something called District 78. District 78 » YES!! VMAs!!! Today!!!! (http://www.district78.com/2009/04/yes-vmas-today/ - broken link)
Ohhh goosebumps from him channeling Freddy.....

People have posted studio versions of Adam's songs here on C-D (Black and White, It's a Good Day, We Are The Champions, It's a Mad World etc etc)... Listening to these studio versions - how is it that he doesn't have a voice? How is it that he cannot be a pop-star?

Not only he's got a voice in these studio versions, he's got a wider arsenal in his toolbox... He can channel anyone greatest, so that means he's at least on the same level with them, if not better... Show me Kris or Danny channeling any of these... Nope, can't imagine.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
ok Adam fans ...go look at Slash's facebook page!! It's the first one listed!!
"SlashThose AI kids can sing their asses off, especially Adam."

Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Ohhh goosebumps from him channeling Freddy.....

People have posted studio versions of Adam's songs here on C-D (Black and White, It's a Good Day, We Are The Champions, It's a Mad World etc etc)... Listening to these studio versions - how is it that he doesn't have a voice? How is it that he cannot be a pop-star?

Not only he's got a voice in these studio versions, he's got a wider arsenal in his toolbox... He can channel anyone greatest, so that means he's at least on the same level with them, if not better... Show me Kris or Danny channeling any of these... Nope, can't imagine.
Who said that he didn't have a voice? My point was that his style doesn't fit in with current music. I still don't think it does.

Not sure what you mean by "he can channel anyone greatest?" Because one does a cover of another artist/band doesn't mean he/she is on the same level. What are Kris and Danny supposed to channel?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Who said that he didn't have a voice? My point was that his style doesn't fit in with current music. I still don't think it does.

Not sure what you mean by "he can channel anyone greatest?" Because one does a cover of another artist/band doesn't mean he/she is on the same level. What are Kris and Danny supposed to channel?
His style doesn't fit in with current music.... What current music his style doesn't fit in? The boring nothing that has been going on for the last 20 years? Elvis didn't fit in the music at the time. Queen was out there in their own league. Michael Jackson blazed his own music/style.

So far - yes, we've seen him doing covers of another artists/bands. Is it not exciting that he can do them? Can Danny or Chris do them? Isn't it exciting to anticipate of what he himself can do in the future? Not fitting in but blazing his own path?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 AM

I read that Canadians can't vote... However I remember I was voting for Jordin Sparks a couple of years ago, it did go through... I never tried this year, but will try to vote on Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV