U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM

14,903 posts, read 9,905,478 times
I agree they could be used for awhile to an advantage. Thing is we sit here and wonder how much lying and snitching we would do on Survivor that we wouldn't do normally. I know my "wholesome" being wouldn't make it far in this game just from watching it all these years.

Here is my take around my camp: after a challenge if we lost we all go sit together and discuss who was the weakest person. We all decide out in the open who is getting voted off. Now I realize that would make for boring TV but it would end with the sole survivor that truly survived. I still hold some bitterness when Colby lost to ole whats her name that flew under the radar and never won any challenges. He should have won the $ because he was the best on that season. On the other hand I like a come from behind player that wins it too.

I haven't heard anything about a staff member dying either. Bet it will be shown after the episode they were filming when they died.

After thought: back at camp maybe hold a challenge with the one being voted out with another tribe member. The winner gets to stay that way the weakest person had a chance to redeem themselves perhaps.

Last edited by Jaxson; 02-20-2009 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: wrong word & after thought
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM

2,905 posts, read 4,146,712 times
I dont know about deciding right there who is going home, but I like your idea about a little pow wow after a loss.

If everyone just hashed out exactly what happened, who did what, and why, there may be a lot of arguing but a lot more people getting things off their chest and out in the open, which may make for a healthier tribe for the next challenge. It seems like it just takes a couple of losses for a tribe to lose moral and never come back.

The losing tribes have to find ways to keep moral up so they don't fall into the same vicious cycle, which gets sooooo boring to watch after a few episodes.

Unread 02-20-2009, 08:54 PM

by the way, I was just curious how many pages the Survivor Gabon thread reached, and it was 52.

I think if our chatter keeps going we could definitely beat that this time......

funny how many of us chat about this show on here, I don't know a single person that watches this show. It is such a bummer.

You guys are all I have!!

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Yep we chatted up a storm about last season too! Glad you found a place to talk about Survivor!

I agree once the camp moral goes down they seem to lose more challenges. I don't like it lopsided either on the wins but maybe this new twist with exile will curb that. The first switch should be interesting if anybody jumps on it. Wonder if they both have to agree that are on exile for a switch to take place?

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yep we chatted up a storm about last season too! Glad you found a place to talk about Survivor!

I agree once the camp moral goes down they seem to lose more challenges. I don't like it lopsided either on the wins but maybe this new twist with exile will curb that. The first switch should be interesting if anybody jumps on it. Wonder if they both have to agree that are on exile for a switch to take place?
It seems like that option was only given to the person who got the urn w/the clue. I don't think the other person would have a choice.

If they do like last season and keep picking the same people to go to exile, at some point they could switch sides strictly for strategic purposes, not only to escape a losing tribe.

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:42 PM

That could be right. But Brenden let Taj read the clue so that means somebody from the other side knows that option is available as well. Hmmm that might be some knowledge to sit on for a bit or at least until somebody else goes to exile.

Jumping sides has huge risks because you essentially told your old team members forget you. Then the new tribe don't cotton to 'outsiders' too well in past season.

Wonder if either one of them went back to camp to talk to the 2 that were flown in to camp?

Last edited by Jaxson; 02-20-2009 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: changed a blacked out word

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:54 PM

2,113 posts, read 1,252,823 times
Switching does have it's drawbacks. If you were on team that lost the challenge, and thought you were in danger of being voted off, then you could buy yourself a few more days. But you would have the biggest target on you from then on out.

Unread 02-20-2009, 10:15 PM

yes but now if they are sending a person from EACH team to exile, this gives each person the chance to have contact with people from the other side, right from the start, and form some sort of alliances or relationships, like Taj I think tried to do w/Brendan. He just might remember that, and if she shows up at his tribe later, he already has something going with her.

Players never had a chance to get up close and personal w/members of the other tribe this early before. It wasn't till later that they could take one on a reward challenge or something. So back then, if you got switched, you were pretty much going in screwed because you did not know anyone.

It's a bit different now and I think this balances out some of the drawbacks of switching teams.

Anyhow, it's a change that I think will make things more interesting.

Unread 02-21-2009, 06:35 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,583,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Taj does not remind me of Cerie. Cerie played the game beneith the radar and in the background until it was time to stir the pot, then she'd step back and seem innocent of all charges. Cerie was awful in challenges. Not so for Taj on either front. (maybe just a little at exhile isl)

Coach needed to go - but the only one who was going to call him out is now gone (candace) and so he'll have to alienate someone else. (shouldn't take long)

I am going to guess we are going to see some use of the Tribe Swap via exhile island. Cool twist that will make it interesting.

As for the single challenge format we've seen; It allows for more camp time. I doubt it's permenant but if it is, in the long run we will have a better understanding of the over all feelings in camp. I've always wanted to see more of it like we are. Who knows? Perhaps some stuff was scaled back due to the issues they had to battle with the not so friendly wild life and water obsticals.
I don't think that Taj plays the game like Cerie, she just reminds me of her. Same laugh and "sweetness" about her. ( I think Cerie was a little more strategic, then again, it is still early)

I think I will miss the challenges, those parts are my favorite. Sometimes, the sqabbling at camp gets old.

Unread 02-21-2009, 07:00 AM

5,102 posts, read 5,049,985 times
I don't like when one team continually loses and loses and loses. Its both boring and hard to watch emotionally.
I don't understand why it happens. They have psychologists on staff that help with selection, keeping an eye on players etc. I.e. if the psychologists have an input into the beginning teams - why does it get so lopsided? Doesn't look very good for the psycologists - makes them look inept - unless the plan it that way - which once again i don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV