Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:29 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,384 times

Advertisements

I grew up with some great shows for kids.

-Mr Wizards World on Nickelodeon. On at 6:30 am! It's funny how kids can wake up really early to watch a show, yet when they get to their teenage, highschool years, they can't wake up at all.

GI Joe. On at 7:30 am.

MASK. Anyone remember that?

Inspector Gadget! I think that was on at 3 pm.

Also, game shows can be pretty hypnotizing for kids. I loved Press Your Luck, Card Sharks and The Price is Right, and plus the classics, Scooby Doo, Looney Toons, Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy!! Awesome.

Walter Lanz cartoons were awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:26 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I have a complete set of DVD's which included the Bugs Bunny opera show. Bugs as Wagner's "Brunhilda" with Elmer Fudd as the hunter is the funniest thing I ever saw or heard.
There's nothing like that stuff.

Just FYI, many unreleased classics like Sniffles and Hubie and Bertie (two of my favorites) are coming out on Hi-def Blu-Ray, release date is late August, I've got mine pre-ordered.

Remember this one?

House Hunting Mice (1947) - YouTube

Old 07-07-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Anybody been around long enought to remember Sandy Becker?
Sandy was the best.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,038 times
What do young kids even watch on Saturday mornings these days? I don't see any type of cartoons or other appropriate animated entertainment on the television schedule...

My mom used to really appreciate Saturday morning cartoons when I was young, because it allowed her a rare opportunity to sleep in. I used to get up and make myself a bowl of Captain Crunch or Honey Combs, then watch Archie, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo and the Wacky Racers for a couple of hours.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Lets not forget Captain Caveman, The Grape Ape, Penelope Pitstop, The Banana Splits, and so many others.

With Anime, how about Batte of the Planets and there was another one with a battleship that was used as a space cruiser, anyone remember that one?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,376 times
trlhiker

You're talking about Star Blazers. There are episodes on You Tube. I watch every now and then to reminisce. Then come close to crying because it was over 30 years ago

Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Lets not forget Captain Caveman, The Grape Ape, Penelope Pitstop, The Banana Splits, and so many others.

With Anime, how about Batte of the Planets and there was another one with a battleship that was used as a space cruiser, anyone remember that one?

I also loved the Banana Splits and Grape Ape, along with H. R. Pufunstuf.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM

You all are still just a bunch of babies!

Here's one of the earliest toons I can remember, from, umm... "Early Bird Cartoons", Saturday morning on WABC.... IIRC .

"A Cat's Life" Terrytoon with Farmer Gray - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 AM

27 posts, read 48,434 times
Does anyone remember "rubix"? I think it was early 1980s, based on the rubix cube? I loved it and "the littles"!!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM

841 posts, read 1,917,283 times
Default I'm not a big cartoon fan but my son is...

I do not like many cartoons but I think Nick has made some great ones over the years. Better than the old garbage we had back in the 70s.

I guess I didn't find the plethora of Hanna Barbara spin offs very imaginative.

Today kids have Spongebob (hilarious), Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Rocko, Chowder...and more.

Even when I was first married, my husband and I would happily watch Sunday's Nicktoon's line up.

My son is a teen and a toon head and he likes all the classics from Popeye (ugh) to Looney Tunes, to Anime. He is a trivia buff for all these things and I never stop hearing about it.

I did like The Groovy Ghoulies if anyone has heard of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV