Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 PM

1,072 posts, read 845,178 times

Advertisements

I thought for sure there was going to be a 3rd Season ?
I re ordered Showtime !!!

Anyone have the inside scoop ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 12:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATTY CATHY View Post
I thought for sure there was going to be a 3rd Season ?
I re ordered Showtime !!!

Anyone have the inside scoop ?
I just switched to Verizon from Comcast because it was less expensive and it included Showtime. Now, I'm disappointed because Verizon's On Demand is terrible compared to Comcase. I can only find one episode of The Tudor's Season Two. Bummer. I found this article containing some good info on Season Three.
Clip:
As episode five of THE TUDORS' second season debuts this coming Sunday on SHOWTIME, the network is ramping up for a third season of palace intrigue and royal drama, premiering in 2009. Production is slated to begin on June 16th in Dublin, Ireland with series star Jonathan Rhys Meyers set to return.
Showtime Announcements & news - Official Site

Old 01-25-2009, 06:52 PM

269 posts, read 913,751 times
I love it! Just in time for my birthday!!! I am currently reading a book about Henry VIII and another about Anne Bolyen, I seem to be obsessed with that time period.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
me too unfortunately it as well as our own period are inferior to roman and greek period.
our excuse is that democracy did not work, lawyers trump any democracy.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
me too unfortunately it as well as our own period are inferior to roman and greek period.
our excuse is that democracy did not work, lawyers trump any democracy.
I watched something on discovvery that claimed the tudors period was like the greatest architecture expansion or something like that.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawk36 View Post
I love it! Just in time for my birthday!!! I am currently reading a book about Henry VIII and another about Anne Bolyen, I seem to be obsessed with that time period.
do tell. what are the titles ???

Old 01-26-2009, 06:16 AM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
I watched the first season over a year ago on 'On Demand" on Comcast. Free! Been waiting to see the second season. Have I missed it, or am I going to have to rent it at Blockbuster?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,988 times
I miss this show. Cant wait till season 3 premieres.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,442 times
I loved season one...still haven't seen season two. Can't wait. Such quality acting and directing there. I also am obsessed w/ this time. Did anyone see 'The Private Life of Henry VIII' with Charles Laughton? He was a DEAD RINGER for the portraits I've seen of Henry Viii...the performance was brilliant. Jonathan Rhys Myers is a great though and I love the rest of the casting choices as well...

I've read:
Anne of a Thousand Days
Anne Boleyn (By Evelyn Anthony)

Actually alot of Evelyn Anthony's books are great:
Elizabeth
Charles the King
All the Queen's Men
The Cardinal and the Queen
Victoria

Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
I found this from an article dated June 2008

Even better, he dished about the new season of the show, which starts shooting June 16. Find out what he has to say after the jump.

Photo: Newscom

JRM’s take on The Tudors in future seasons — without the Henry/Anne romance to anchor the show:

From here on, the story is all about Henry and his descent into a sort of isolation, paranoia as well as extreme pain as a result of the accident he suffered in the joust last season. Things start off great for him with his marriage to Jane Seymour. She was an amazing wife, a Stepford wife, but she doesn’t last long after their son is born. After that, Henry becomes very closeted, and the next wives were all disasters. Katherine Howard was a nymphomaniac. There’s plenty of good story to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV