Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,130,366 times

Advertisements

Can hardly wait! Best show on Tv (this is only my opnion of course) begins soon!! details here:Meet the new teams on 'The Amazing Race' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090126/ap_en_tv/tv_amazing_race - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,158,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Can hardly wait! Best show on Tv (this is only my opnion of course) begins soon!! details here:Meet the new teams on 'The Amazing Race' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090126/ap_en_tv/tv_amazing_race - broken link)
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I checked out the teams and already have a good feel for them:

Cara & Jamie (cheerleaders) = annoying
Christie & Jodi (flight attendants) = unfair advantage, maybe?
Margaret & Luke (Mom & deaf son) = love them already
Mike & Mel (Father & son) = Dad may not be able to keep up
Amanda & Kris (dating) = nice couple, could do well
Brad & Victoria (married) = not well traveled, but I like them
Jennifer & Preston (dating) = too good looking
Tammy & Victor (siblings/lawyers) = their arguing may get in the way of the race
Mark & Michael (brothers/stuntmen) = Nice guys, but don't think they'll last long
Linda & Steve (married) = Yeeeeehaaaw! They are sweet, but probably the first to go.
Lakisha & Jennifer (sisters) = like them, but they won't get along with each other

Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,744,867 times
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 10yo has been asking when it will come back on at least two times a week.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM

LOL, I know just how he feels. I need my Phil fix as well as the adrenaline rush this show gives me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 10yo has been asking when it will come back on at least two times a week.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,158,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I checked out the teams and already have a good feel for them:

Cara & Jamie (cheerleaders) = annoying
Christie & Jodi (flight attendants) = unfair advantage, maybe?
Margaret & Luke (Mom & deaf son) = love them already
Mike & Mel (Father & son) = Dad may not be able to keep up
Amanda & Kris (dating) = nice couple, could do well
Brad & Victoria (married) = not well traveled, but I like them
Jennifer & Preston (dating) = too good looking
Tammy & Victor (siblings/lawyers) = their arguing may get in the way of the race
Mark & Michael (brothers/stuntmen) = Nice guys, but don't think they'll last long
Linda & Steve (married) = Yeeeeehaaaw! They are sweet, but probably the first to go.
Lakisha & Jennifer (sisters) = like them, but they won't get along with each other
I just read that Mike White (Mike and Mel) is a comedy writer and wrote School of Rock and Nacho Libre and starred in Chuck & Buck. Also, his dad Mel is a 68 year old gay rights activist. Pretty cool!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM

269 posts, read 911,707 times
I love it!!!! I did my son's 10th birthday party as an Amazing Race party at the mall. It was Awesome we had clues, road blocks and detours. I literally worked over a year on this. I started when I was in Vegas ... I bought 12 Vegas Banks, then when I was in NYC I got 12 NYC items, we are from Texas so that was easy, I had friends that went various places and I gave them money to bring me back 12 of an item from where they had gone. I also had one post card from each place ... all those items and the post cards were in the goodie bags. I had planned it for my town but it was raining so we took it to the mall, and it was really easy to do there. For instance for New Orleans there was a Cajun type restaurant, for California I sent them to Pac-Sun, for the Detour they had to go to Dave and Busters (money included in clues) and play skee ball or basketball until they got 10 tickets ... the parents who helped me in driving kids to the mall all had amazing race flags in their cars, and then the teams were distinguished by different colored bracelet type things ... We are obsessed can you tell???? But on a good note this show has made my kids want to travel so much so that we travel now instead of Christmas gifts.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:58 PM

oh my gosh---how very innovative!!
What a fun party and what a creative parent you are! rep points for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawk36 View Post
I love it!!!! I did my son's 10th birthday party as an Amazing Race party at the mall. It was Awesome we had clues, road blocks and detours. I literally worked over a year on this. I started when I was in Vegas ... I bought 12 Vegas Banks, then when I was in NYC I got 12 NYC items, we are from Texas so that was easy, I had friends that went various places and I gave them money to bring me back 12 of an item from where they had gone. I also had one post card from each place ... all those items and the post cards were in the goodie bags. I had planned it for my town but it was raining so we took it to the mall, and it was really easy to do there. For instance for New Orleans there was a Cajun type restaurant, for California I sent them to Pac-Sun, for the Detour they had to go to Dave and Busters (money included in clues) and play skee ball or basketball until they got 10 tickets ... the parents who helped me in driving kids to the mall all had amazing race flags in their cars, and then the teams were distinguished by different colored bracelet type things ... We are obsessed can you tell???? But on a good note this show has made my kids want to travel so much so that we travel now instead of Christmas gifts.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:35 PM

16 posts, read 27,533 times
I like this show. I'm glad it's coming back. I read somewhere that this was going to be the final season. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:58 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,403,795 times
I hope it's not the final season. I love this show Never boring and so fast paced.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 PM

269 posts, read 911,707 times
They said the 11th season was going to be the last too...I think it's pretty highly rated so I don't think it will end here. I do wonder though if the 15th season won't be some kind of previous teams type thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV