Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times

Advertisements

Still loving this "major intense" show!! Channing's assistant going to Patty? Ellen pulling a gun on her Dad, that was unexpected to me, I thought she was running to call 911.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 06:17 AM

699 posts, read 1,014,998 times
Now I'm wondering if it's Ellen's dad who pushed her off the roof. I hope the finale gives us answers instead of more questions. I don't like endings that just leave you hanging with no real resolution.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:36 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I'm going to be bummed that this is it for that show. I do bet it was her Dad that pushed her off the roof. And Patty will be put in jail for it ... sweet justice, but a bummer for Ellen.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:41 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
OMG! I just started watching this on DVD. It's kind of upsetting because just when I think I know who the good guys are and start rooting for them, they turn out to be greasy rats. I HATE rooting for greasy rats! I'm about halfway thru season 1 and Tom just turned on Ellen, ratting her out for lying about whether he asked her to go to work for him.

This will be a great series to binge watch for the next couple of months if I can bear the emotional turmoil.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:53 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
OMG! I just started watching this on DVD. It's kind of upsetting because just when I think I know who the good guys are and start rooting for them, they turn out to be greasy rats. I HATE rooting for greasy rats! I'm about halfway thru season 1 and Tom just turned on Ellen, ratting her out for lying about whether he asked her to go to work for him.

This will be a great series to binge watch for the next couple of months if I can bear the emotional turmoil.

Glad you are enjoying it! My husband and finished watching all the seasons several months ago. I remember being in such awe over Glen Close's acting skills. She is such a force on this show! And Ellen plays the counterpart so well.

When are done check out Orphan Black! It's equally amazing and will keep you on your toes as well. Don't read anything about it just watch the first episode.

Happy watching!!!!

Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post

Wish I had it to look forward to again! Loved it and hard to find anything that compares

Old 05-08-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Glad you are enjoying it! My husband and finished watching all the seasons several months ago. I remember being in such awe over Glen Close's acting skills. She is such a force on this show! And Ellen plays the counterpart so well.

When are done check out Orphan Black! It's equally amazing and will keep you on your toes as well. Don't read anything about it just watch the first episode.

Happy watching!!!!
I watched the first season of OB already. It is a lot like Damages in that you really don't know what's going on or who the good guys are.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:26 PM

Finished the first season. Great show! The older lawyer whom Ellen interned for and who seems so fatherly directed a couple of thuggy looking guys towards her when she got bailed out of jail for the murder charge. I thought that was it -- no way can I watch a show that has a complete character change that he could wish harm on the girl he treats like a daughter. Thank goodness they weren't thugs or I'd have stopped watching right then.

Can't wait to see the real reason Patty tried to kill Ellen. And why she was sobbing when she thought Ellen was dead. Weird.

Season two is on hold at the library -- should have it by Wednesday.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:56 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
This was a really, really good show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV