Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:23 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times

Advertisements

Let me jump in here - I definantly think something more to the story about sarah, If its too traumatic for her to deal with her dad, I would have forced MTV to change the number or not be the one answering the phone.

But ever since the first call she's been the one to answer all the calls with him on the other end.

And how he got the number is anyones guess, but it is a piece of the puzzle.

This season is totally Boring me in a coma - From someone who lived in NYC for the last 9 yrs.

Most of the Cast just doesnt fit in NY - im sorry:

- Ryan, Collegetown boy that comes from extreme rural and isolated PA
- Devon, Is as fake as a knock off on Canal Street...She much more LA material
- Chester, Closeted about something, but also is trying to hard to fit in and standout with NY he comes off as pretentious...Kind of a moron too.
- The Model/Fitness Guru, I could see making it in NYC and fitting in, but for the show itself he doesnt interact with the rest of the house enough....He's mostly off just doing his own thing....
- JD, is pretty ignorant and child like
- Sarah, a girl with alot of issues right now...and too much of a crusader social issues, kinda boring for what's suppose to be entertainment.
- Katelyn/Transgendered, being transgendered was her biggest and only controbution to the Show, other then that she's also VERY BORING and NOT NY material.
- The Dancer, Other then trying to get into danceshool and being shoulder for Katelyn and Sarah to cry she really adds nothing either.

I will give it a few more eps before I hang up on this season....

BTW the MOST BORING was PARIS in my book......San Deigo was the Best (with Brad, Robin, Frankie, Jacqueese, Randy) those guys jelled well with each other had drama and fun...I didnt miss an episode of that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 09:39 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Let me jump in here - I definantly think something more to the story about sarah, If its too traumatic for her to deal with her dad, I would have forced MTV to change the number or not be the one answering the phone.

But ever since the first call she's been the one to answer all the calls with him on the other end.

And how he got the number is anyones guess, but it is a piece of the puzzle.

This season is totally Boring me in a coma - From someone who lived in NYC for the last 9 yrs.

Most of the Cast just doesnt fit in NY - im sorry:

- Ryan, Collegetown boy that comes from extreme rural and isolated PA
- Devon, Is as fake as a knock off on Canal Street...She much more LA material
- Chester, Closeted about something, but also is trying to hard to fit in and standout with NY he comes off as pretentious...Kind of a moron too.
- The Model/Fitness Guru, I could see making it in NYC and fitting in, but for the show itself he doesnt interact with the rest of the house enough....He's mostly off just doing his own thing....
- JD, is pretty ignorant and child like
- Sarah, a girl with alot of issues right now...and too much of a crusader social issues, kinda boring for what's suppose to be entertainment.
- Katelyn/Transgendered, being transgendered was her biggest and only controbution to the Show, other then that she's also VERY BORING and NOT NY material.
- The Dancer, Other then trying to get into danceshool and being shoulder for Katelyn and Sarah to cry she really adds nothing either.

I will give it a few more eps before I hang up on this season....

BTW the MOST BORING was PARIS in my book......San Deigo was the Best (with Brad, Robin, Frankie, Jacqueese, Randy) those guys jelled well with each other had drama and fun...I didnt miss an episode of that one.
I agree with the synopsis of all the cast members, but it isn't about fitting in NY or being NY material.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:31 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
They're not fighting enough right now lol

Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
I actually think this season is about as interesting as most of the Real World seasons. Each year, they become less-relevant, as the reality show genre becomes more and more played out and tired.

I think the Chester guy is cool as hell, and i don't really think he's gay. Who knows, he might be.

As for the guy who swims with Dolphins,is he gay? I have just caught 2 episodes and he sure as hell seems like he could be.

Sarah has total issues from the abuse. The black chick is CLUELESS about what it takes to become an actor. Late for the audition! That was wack...

Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
I think it's Chet, not Chester.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I agree with the synopsis of all the cast members, but it isn't about fitting in NY or being NY material.
Actually it is --- Unlike any other City...NYC is a characture itself....You cannot film any program in this City and the City doesnt play a role.

NYC is a melting pot, a have fun care free city.....And if you dont embrace that then you will stick out like a sore thumb...Many times i've seen scenes where these guys where suppose to be having a night on the town, and NYC itself totally swallowed the scene with the shots of the nightlife and bustling street...Then you have these stick in the muds in the next scene.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:49 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Guys - my dear friend Michael Kaves did most of the paintings in the house, like the graffiti.
Also - his music, the band "The Lordz" were on the season's premiere.
Additionally - my other friend works literally on the other side of that building, he met all the cast members.
Just thought I'd share.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Actually it is --- Unlike any other City...NYC is a characture itself....You cannot film any program in this City and the City doesnt play a role.

NYC is a melting pot, a have fun care free city.....And if you dont embrace that then you will stick out like a sore thumb...Many times i've seen scenes where these guys where suppose to be having a night on the town, and NYC itself totally swallowed the scene with the shots of the nightlife and bustling street...Then you have these stick in the muds in the next scene.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. When they filmed Real World in many places, Paris for example, they didn't try to fit in, it was about them being themselves in the house and what happened....

Old 02-09-2009, 04:27 AM

Another Reason i found Paris to be Soooo Boring....they didnt even try to mix with the city's life....Go back and watch real world 10 (With Mike, and Coral) in NY...Those guys really lived up the city life and had a ton of FUN and Drama.

Real World is about the locations themselves in part, if that wasnt the case, they could film each season in the same location if was suppose to be about just the cast itself.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
Yes, Coral was a hott mess lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV