Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,638 times

Advertisements

I'm just mad that the DVR stopped after 2 hours. I had no idea that this was a multiple-challenge episode, and apparently, Time Warner didn't either :-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
Clint Black has a few April dates, 1 in May, 1 in July...hardly a tour, but he's not retired, either. He still needs folks to buy tickets, and I can't imagine he's helping his cause by being such an insufferable jerk!

As for only cutting his own songs, he covered an Eagles tune, and has a cover out now of Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress. Maybe it was something stupid he said that got printed. After seeing him on this show, I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:01 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,754 times
Pierce is back - cool! Stir the pot even more. The only classy woman left is the golfer (can't think of her name) and the two classy guys are, of course, Herschel and Jesse. And Joan's behavior with the throwing of the champagne glass was super-duper childish. YIKES! But, hey, IT IS in the script and don't you forget it, everyone. If the weather was already summertime up here I would not bother with this show and most other TV nonsense I watch. But I get bored up here.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,351,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
Pierce is back - cool! Stir the pot even more. The only classy woman left is the golfer (can't think of her name) and the two classy guys are, of course, Herschel and Jesse. And Joan's behavior with the throwing of the champagne glass was super-duper childish. YIKES! But, hey, IT IS in the script and don't you forget it, everyone. If the weather was already summertime up here I would not bother with this show and most other TV nonsense I watch. But I get bored up here.
Golfer is Natalie.

LOL about being bored up there.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Natalie was dating Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger after his first Super Bowl Win. I wonder on what terms they parted? He's a 102 Million Dollar Man these days and could be tapped for a decent contribution to benefit her.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,009 times
Just stumbled across this thread.

The Apprentice is the only show I watch on a regular basis as I'm not much into TV.

I'm feeling like this is one big infomercial now.....where's the business savvy? Where's the neat ideas? I'm just a nobody from the south but love to get an insight into the big league and for the first season or two...I felt like I had a behind the scenes look into business.

Now, it's like everyone has a script, things are to 'showy' and not business.

But, I'll keep watching.

And last Celebrity Apprentice it did feel more like a business game than this time around.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
The one thing that stood out for me from the last epiosode is that Melissa Rivers is a bitter, jealous woman. Even with all the plastic she's had done to her face, she still looks homely/unattractive. She and her mom both look like aliens, actually. Her best bet would be to take the high road, but instead she made constant comment about Brande and her looks, her getting to model for the competition, her clothes selection, her getting along with Annie, etc. Green is not a good color for you Melissa - there is a way to still be gracious spiritually and unattractive physically. If she could find that path, people may actually see beyond her not-so-hot looks.

I loved the comment Herschel made about the mother hen and her chick - that wa exactly right. No one better say one bad thing about Momma's little girl! I actually love Joan for being down to earth. I really don't think she's stuck on herself like a lot of celebs are - but when it comes to her daughter, she loses her marbles and objectivity.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Just stumbled across this thread.

The Apprentice is the only show I watch on a regular basis as I'm not much into TV.

I'm feeling like this is one big infomercial now.....where's the business savvy? Where's the neat ideas? I'm just a nobody from the south but love to get an insight into the big league and for the first season or two...I felt like I had a behind the scenes look into business.

Now, it's like everyone has a script, things are to 'showy' and not business.

But, I'll keep watching.

And last Celebrity Apprentice it did feel more like a business game than this time around.
Well said. I agree with you all the way!!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
here's what I didn't understand tonight.
The winning team didn't have a marketing plan. Then at the end of the show the company was asking viewers to vote on the dish we liked best.
Shouldn't they have decided that themselves before someone was declared a winner?

Clint Black not saying goodbye to Herschel and just stomping off like a spoiled child made me sick. I dislike him more and more. He sucked at the auction and should have been fired at that point.

Annie Duke---I should just shut up about her because she gets me riled up. I do not like her-at all!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
I understand this is a TV show. More drama = better ratings. THAT is why obnoxious Clint couldn't be fired. He is the Omarosa of this season.

He continues to reveal his true self each week. I can't imagine he's liking what he sees as he watches. I'd like to see a reunion show ala Real Housewives or Real World. I would hope that Clint would redeem himself somewhat by apologizing after looking back at everything he did/said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV