Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:16 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well that's a good point, Dd.

I don't like Trump much, but you've got to give him credit as a ruthless businessman. I'd like to see the trend change from big ruthless business to one of ethics and sustainability. I think this show teaches us nothing about business, in the final analysis.
I agree about Trump, but every now and again we read that he is actually doing poorly.
Yes, I wish he would promote ethics in business and concern over the globe and pollution.

I have worked in several major corporations and seen many people with Annie's smiling yet backstabbing personality. I think people who don't see that in her are that way themselves and think it is normal behaviour or a bit naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:24 AM

Obviously, noting all my posts at the end, you might assume that I recorded the show and just got around to viewing it.

Go, Joan!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'll bring the lawn furniture.......... I picked up some "new to me" furniture for the living room so I've get pleny of "lawn furniture". Love to see me some lazyboys in the front yard.
(Not at you)
I watched again the other night, David said white lounge furniture.
If you know David, you know what he was referring to but with Joan not knowing him, she probably figured "lawn furniture" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Rivers saw Annie for what she is. Obviously, from the reaction of the audience, many people (not just I) have run across that sort of character and feel the same resentment toward them.

I suspect that those who do not recognise the sociopathic tendencies that Annie exhibited (look up the word if you don't know the meaning) might share the same approach to life.
I think a lot of people saw Annie for what she was.. including Tom Green and Dennis. You also have Kramer (I think his name was) who was comparing the 2.

Annie was disgusting in the final episode. Her hatred for Joan was disgusting to watch.

Quote:
I would just say she's a nice girl, not ultra-swift, but of average intelligence and luckily, very pretty - but the way she ganged up with Annie on Melissa, good people don't do that.

I also think a lot of the emotions were revved up for tv, but I think they were honestly there and I don't think the outcome was rigged. I think Trump likes to ensure that the most controversial players make it to the end, but that's just good ratings. I think he could not care less who actually won, becuase whoever wins will cause controversy and that's all he wants - ratings.
When I was watching the other night, Annie & Brande were riding in the van, they are both on the phone.. Annie is saying, she insulted my friend Brande.. Brande just glanced at her. Funny how it was Annie ranting about Joan calling Brande this or that but not Brande.

Did Brande really need Annie to fight this "battle"?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 AM

Default David, David, David....

As far as David and the whole design issue, I'm still confused.

This was the conversation:

1) David - when he 1st talked to Joan - My philosophy, you walk in and have 3 seconds to capture their attention. They have to go like this - Whoa - Wow - that's who you are (pointing to Joan) that's the event - that's what I do.

2) Joan tells him she wants Kodak colors, David says - How do you make yellow, white & red a winter fantasy? That's my job.

3) Melissa speaking to David - Do you have an idea? David - Yeah I do. Room needs a major transformation.

4) He's the one who suggested white fabric draping the walls & white lounge furniture - he was giving her ideas.

5) His assistant Rachael called saying red fabric was available. Joan asked how David felt; she said he's ok with it. Joan worried it would be too red. Joan wanted to see his sketches & asked for Davids number, they wouldn't give it to her. Joan mentioned she has a designer she usually works with and she'd like him to speak to David. Joan then called her friend to ask for help. The rest is history with David calling & quitting.

Clint asked if she'd said something to offend him, she said no. Clint was sitting there the whole time. I'll have to see if I can find a recent interview by Clint to see if he mentioned this.

Something was weird about the whole thing. Joan didn't seem to know they (David) weren't allowed to give her advice, and other times he was saying.. well, I only have so much time to rush this together. I don't know what I can get.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
(Not at you)
I think a lot of people saw Annie for what she was.. including Tom Green and Dennis. You also have Kramer (I think his name was) who was comparing the 2.

When I was watching the other night, Annie & Brande were riding in the van, they are both on the phone.. Annie is saying, she insulted my friend Brande.. Brande just glanced at her. Funny how it was Annie ranting about Joan calling Brande this or that but not Brande.

Did Brande really need Annie to fight this "battle"?
Yes, it's Cramer, but this one is with the 'C'.

I expected Cramer to favor Annie. I read a book about him wherein he is portrayed as an unfeeling tyrant. What do you expect? He was a hedge fund manager.

Perhaps Brande started waking up to Annie and her manipulations and thinks she took the wrong side on this one. Maybe she started thinking about her future and just realised that befriending Annie would do nothing for it.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 AM

I thought the party planner was given to them to do their regular job, offer suggestions and contact suppliers and organize that everything happens in a timely fashion. I had no idea that only the contestant was to offer suggestions and the planner deliver. I doubt if that's right because all the suggestions on the other side seemed to come from the planner.

When did Trump know that David quit? It would seem that he would offer someone else to help them and extend their time. He did not. Could it be that the guy quitting was pre-planned to create excitement in the show?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I expected Cramer to favor Annie. I read a book about him wherein he is portrayed as an unfeeling tyrant. What do you expect? He was a hedge fund manager.
I thought he favored Joan. lol

Quote:
Perhaps Brande started waking up to Annie and her manipulations and thinks she took the wrong side on this one. Maybe she started thinking about her future and just realised that befriending Annie would do nothing for it.
I think we may see more eventually, where Annie is going to "slip" about Brande, then Brande is going to open her mouth.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I thought the party planner was given to them to do their regular job, offer suggestions and contact suppliers and organize that everything happens in a timely fashion. I had no idea that only the contestant was to offer suggestions and the planner deliver. I doubt if that's right because all the suggestions on the other side seemed to come from the planner.

When did Trump know that David quit? It would seem that he would offer someone else to help them and extend their time. He did not. Could it be that the guy quitting was pre-planned to create excitement in the show?
We were posting at the same time...

I'm going to have to rewind to the part with Annie & her planner but from what I remember the other night, I could not tell if Annie was giving or getting suggestions.

The reason I was rewatching was to try to figure out if anyone said exactly what the planners job was, and no one has. I stopped watching after David quit, might sit down again.

From what I remember from Sunday night, Trump learned in the board room from Annie that Joan made the planning company quit. I haven't had time to look online to see if Trump has released a statement about it, my guess is he won't.

It's funny, it seems like Joan & Annie were told something different then David was. Maybe that's why he said he feels he was manipulated by the network. But if that is the case, you'd think he'd give another interview saying he was wrong about the comments he's made about Joan. I did not see anything Joan said that made the show cut, where he is justified in saying the things he has.

He looks like a jerk. Total lack of respect for him. still.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Trump hired the party planner.
If the party guy were quitting on Joan his obligation is to call Trump, the guy paying him, before talking to the women.
I think Trump said if he dropped Joan he would have to drop both of them, which may be why the party planner refused the cameras.

It was a very bad way of handling it and does not speak of good management of Trump. It should have been an up front announcement that both competitors found out simultaneously.

But, again, drama sells, so Trump may have decided to be surreptitious about it for ratings. Joan may also have been a bit more dramatic for ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV