Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:05 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times

Advertisements

Why do I still know the words to the end of Gilligans Island ?

Now this is the tale of our cast aways,

There here for a long long time,

They'll have to make the best of things, It's an uphill climb,

No Phone, no lights, no motorcar, not a single luxury,

Like Robinson Crusoe, it's primitive as can be,

So join us here each week my friends, your sure to get a smile,

With 7 stranded cast aways, here on Gilligans Isle.

Because some jerk wad at the network did not chop off the ending for me when I was watching these re-runs in 1975, or I would never known the ending theme to GI like so many deprived people of today. Some shows you just don't do that to, like Bob Newhart for example. When they showed a mini marathon of BN last year on TV Land they chopped the credits off the end of every show. They always show funny little highlight clips from the episode of BN in the closing credits, with good theme music too. And sometimes I WANT to see the credits to identify a guest actor for a particular episode. I'm sure those actors and their family would like those credits to be shown too. I can see why they cut movie credits, being 5 minutes long, but jeez, they can show a lousy 20 second ending for a TV show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV