Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
I loved this last episode and thought it was a wonderful homage to
"Rear Window" with a delightful twist!
It was a perfect homage to the classic film. But the best part was when he got his surprise. He was so deeply and genuinely touched it was beautiful. I don't think he grew up with many people really caring about *him* as himself and thats part of the delight because he has this child like joy in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,413,442 times
Back to Castle please.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times
I like how this show pays a "tip o' the hat" to so many different shows/movies of the past. It's refreshing.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,553,257 times
This is among the most unpredictable shows on network TV week after week; each episode is overflowing with originality and plenty of twists.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:17 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,599,432 times
Man, I had to search high and low to find this thread! So sad...lol

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else is thinking what I am thinking? I think this job in Washington is a set up for Kate. I see it as a front for the man behind her mom's killing and the attempt on her life, the senator or congressman whose name I don't recall (and don't feel like looking for it right now haha)

If she takes it she leaves home and could be under the thumb of this guy without her even knowing it. They have appealed to her deepest passion and if it works, she may just not see it coming.

Or, we could be in for a pleasant surprise in that she DOES see it and it is her way of getting the upper hand?

Just the path my head took on the finale.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else is thinking what I am thinking? I think this job in Washington is a set up for Kate. I see it as a front for the man behind her mom's killing and the attempt on her life, the senator or congressman whose name I don't recall (and don't feel like looking for it right now haha)

If she takes it she leaves home and could be under the thumb of this guy without her even knowing it. They have appealed to her deepest passion and if it works, she may just not see it coming.

Or, we could be in for a pleasant surprise in that she DOES see it and it is her way of getting the upper hand?

You could be onto something there, hypo! I had completely forgotten about that already.

I don't think Kate will accept the diamond. She will see it as Castle trying to keep her in NY, which, of course, he is. I think she will go to DC but then while I was thinking about that last night, how would she get back onto the force if she wanted. I'm sure they are Union.

I like your ideas. Thanks for resurecting this thread.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,207,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post

I like this theory. I think she will accept, at least (in her head) provisionally. There is that small factor of Castle and her not being able to 'officially' work together if married, even engaged. Her boss is winking at the relationship but can't a marriage or even an engagement.

I think she'll find something which changes things, and Castle will be the one to help on the sly.

Of course all of this is guessing, but for both of them life is full of issues, and the issues have kept a real relationship from blossoming and they both know its time to toss off the fear. Question is, will they?

Since half the cast is in NY of course she and he will be back. But her partners and Castle could be helping her on her own agenda once she finds it....

It was 90 inside the house today, AC still not set up for summer (lest winter come back for a last gasp) and summer can come and hurry by so we can see our shows....

Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,699,449 times
I have a LOT of concerns over this show going forward. I always look at the "will they or wont they" as "either do it or dont, but make a decision". They put Castle and Beckett together and in my opinion screwed everything up. Seems like all season long if Castle blinked wrong Kate was talking to someone about "do I really know this guy? I mean I know him but do I KNOW him". They also in my opinion completely killed everything that made Castle (the guy) so much fun. I mean for Christmas he couldnt have bought her something stupid like a state of the art police car?

The marriage proposal scares me. Is she going to say no and then we are going to have 24 episodes of Rick sulking and holding it over her head?

I didnt like a lot of season 5 (because I knew how good it COULD have been) and I hope they bring it back around for season 5

Old 10-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Has Castle jumped the shark with this DC story line? I want her back in NYC! I miss the detectives and Mom and his daughter. I know they jumped the shark with the new live-in boyfriend. I have a feeling this is going to be the last season.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,699,449 times
The DC story line is almost over. I think next week is the last week of it.

One thing it has going for it is that TNT paid a pretty penny for the syndication rights ($1.5mil/episode) so now it is cheap for ABC to produce. That may help it survive some pitfalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV