Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Javie and the other det. both had suspicions and so did Kate. Castle and Kate also agreed that things could no just go back to how things were before the crash.
This. As soon as they saw him on video depositing the money in the dumpster, they started doubting him. They kept looking, but they still doubted. His mom used a reproachful voice with Beckett, because Beckett was being more suspicious/investigator than fiance with him.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like that it's a police procedural. In general, I like police procedurals, and Castle is especially nice because you have an amusing guy and the stories are usually more light-hearted (as far as murder and kidnapping and whatever else, go), and the stories focus on their personal lives as well as on the story-of-the-week. It's sort of like The Mentalist in that way (or Rizzoli and Isles, which I also like). But I'm not too thrilled when the story-of-the-week turns into a season, or seasons long story line that never seems to get resolved. Like when the Red John story line started to overtake The Mentalist, I started to check out a little. I'd rather Castle and Beckett break up, or they get married, or they just decide to date and never marry (which would be a bit odd, since they were so focused on being married all throughout the last season) - but this journey towards their wedding seems to be never-ending.

Maybe next week they'll wrap this story up, or make it be sort of like Beckett's mother's death - where it's intertwined, but they also go about business as usual. That would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Who wants to bet that the whole thing will somehow involve Castle's father.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Who wants to bet that the whole thing will somehow involve Castle's father.
That was the very very first thought I had. I don't know how much his mother knows about his last contact with him, but I really expected her to wonder, but then maybe she did and didn't want to tell Kate.

The whole thing reeks spies somehow.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Javie and the other det. both had suspicions and so did Kate. Castle and Kate also agreed that things could no just go back to how things were before the crash.
Of course they did at first. But when they'd found him and it was established he didn't remember, they believed him. Whatever it turns out to be, he still wants to know, even if he never remembers but they believe he was used. Maybe that they see him more as a victum will end up being something he has to deal with in terms of his relationship with his partners and family since that just isn't the image of Richard Castle.

I do think the long lost until recently Dad will prove to be deeply involved.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,517 times
I was really disappointed. I was upset with the writers when they had the big lead-up to the wedding, then----no wedding!!!! That was rotten! Now this??? What a let down. Now there is an uneasy relationship when I had been looking forward to happiness. I have enjoyed this show so much. Really disappointed......

Old 10-05-2014, 02:25 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Just started watching this in syndication, and I've gotten somewhat hooked after a few shows. I despise cop shows (they come a dime a dozen), so I don't know how long this is gonna last. I'm at the season where Kate works as a Fed investigator, and Castle just proposed. I really, really like the government angle with all of its tech warfare and psyops and geopolitics.

I dunno if I'll keep watching after Kate leaves (I read a spoiler) ... we'll see. Kate and Castle's relationship was the initial draw for me, so we'll see.

Does anyone know of any other TV series that are also action based and have a government angle?

I don't watch many TV series these days, but I think I'd like those type of shows.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:40 AM

User, have you tried watching "Bones" on Fox? It has a tie-in with the FBI. " Agents of Shield" are sci-fi, but have a government twist. There's "Scandal" but although it does have some action, it's basically a drama, as is the new show "Madam Secretary".

Old 10-05-2014, 09:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,556 times
"Legends" with Sean Bean would be in the spy action category. I like it.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:22 AM

Loved the most recent episode! It was more fun with Castle's outrageous theories in play, again!

Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I personalliy think "Castle" is a great show, and I have no complaints. I do hope that the wedding takes place eventually, and I have a feeling that when it does, it will happen in an unexpected way and not to be a whole big Hampton-style affair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV