U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-17-2011, 05:09 AM

6,175 posts, read 5,244,172 times
I thought the season opener was lame...

Let's see - Teresa and her Brother don't get a long... Yet, her brother agrees to be on the show...?

I was waiting for another Teresa Table shaking- oh Wait, didn't the brother kinda slam his fists on it?

And For Ashley - I wonder if she' got this internship out of pity or perhaps the PR place needs exposure. She's definitely not the brightest bulb... And I can see -nothing has changed with that family... Same ole...

Like Caroline - down to earth - good kids... And she lost a lot of weight - looked great....

Unread 05-17-2011, 05:28 AM

958 posts, read 529,465 times
I thought it was lame too. I also thought that Jackie was being rude to Ashley

Unread 05-17-2011, 05:37 AM

4,502 posts, read 7,058,475 times
Another thing I was wondering about ---- if Theresa's brother can't stand her or whatever, then why did he invite her to the christening?????

Also, I think we finally got an answer to last year's finale when Danielle said something to Theresa about seeing her nephew in the hospital and Theresa freaked out screaming "don't mess with my family". Many people here were insisiting that "nephew" (to Italians) means the husband's mistress had a baby out of wedlock with the husband and they refer to the baby as "the nephew". Well, now we know (via Theresa's brother and sister in law) that it really WAS her nephew and Theresa never came to visit when he was born.

Finally, what is UP with the eyes in this family???? They all look like fish with the wideset eyes and the blank/dumb look they have. Ick.

Unread 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM

958 posts, read 529,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Another thing I was wondering about ---- if Theresa's brother can't stand her or whatever, then why did he invite her to the christening?????

Also, I think we finally got an answer to last year's finale when Danielle said something to Theresa about seeing her nephew in the hospital and Theresa freaked out screaming "don't mess with my family". Many people here were insisiting that "nephew" (to Italians) means the husband's mistress had a baby out of wedlock with the husband and they refer to the baby as "the nephew". Well, now we know (via Theresa's brother and sister in law) that it really WAS her nephew and Theresa never came to visit when he was born.

Finally, what is UP with the eyes in this family???? They all look like fish with the wideset eyes and the blank/dumb look they have. Ick.
Better to see you with, my dear

Unread 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM

18,122 posts, read 6,954,600 times
Holy Dysfunctional Family Batman

Teresa's family could have a spin off just on all their family issues alone. How weird that her brother is named Joe G. and so is her husband We know that the table flip/banging on the table is in the family genes How obnoxious is Melissa speaking like she has some direct connection with Jesus Oh sheezeus Brother Joe has issues surrounding his father. I cannot believe that he melt downed and was screaming at his parents. Husband Joe is just gross. Really You are a no show for the church and Teresa arrives late I loved that Teresa didn't know what chateaubriand was Maybe Husband Joe can make a pizza out of it

Jacqueline and Ashley are identical. Whine, whine, whine. Let me see, you arrive late to your internship on probably a regular basis and you have no paying job but you think you deserve you an apartment in NYC

Still love me some Mama Bear Caroline. I enjoy watching the realness of how her family interacts with one another during Family Sunday Dinners.

Unread 05-17-2011, 07:13 AM

3,842 posts, read 6,217,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Immediately out of the gate I'm gonna call BS on Melissa (Teresa's sister-in-law) and her constant references to Jesus. It's directly out of the script they gave her to develop her character. No one - and I mean NO ONE in NJ - especially if you're suppose to be an Italian Catholic - references Jesus, Jesus' Kingdom, Thank You Jesus, etc. Maybe, just maybe the Virgin Mother Mary - but Jesus? Not so much. Even with Teresa at the book signing - she was talking about Padre Pio - a Catholic saint. THAT is normal and didn't surprise me or sound scripted. Melissa? Not so much. And with reference to how the hubby (the other Joe) has to have his dinner on the table, the house clean, etc.? Yeah, you're a coupla seasons late with that one Melissa. Teresa owns the market in that one. Even the little boy looked like his father was going to be hurt by Melissa when he made the comment about cleaning house being women's work. So fake. So scripted.

But WHAT is with Teresa's brother Joe and that temper?! What the heck were normal family dinners like when they were growing up? And the screaming like a lunatic at his elderly father and calling his mother cold?! Good God - get a grip on yourself, sir.

Funny to see Lizzie Grubman making an appearance (as Ashley's boss). Man, that was a BIG story out of Page 6 back in the day when the Hamptons were her scene.

How great did Caroline look?! Love the figure, love the hair, love the make-up.

I'm SO glad that Danielle is gone. I think the new additions will be good for the show and will liven it up a bit. A little less of the Manzo's is always a good thing!
Melissa & Joe have watched too much of the Godfather series. He is so over the top. If that truly is who he is, well, then, Bravo has landed themselves a real mental case who is a a male.

Joe (Theresa's husband) just comes across as a real creep especially now that he has been outed out for being a cheater, both w/ his wife & finances.

I was about to get up & smack the tv when Ashley was on & started crying at work. Lizzie Grubman (who had a reality show w/ E a while back after the whole car accident thing/killing a pedestrian I believe) in the Hamptons) played up to the cameras great b/c of all things, crying in a PR office isn't going to get your boss to hug you & tell you how wonderful you are and so on.

Lizzie Grubman was smart to hire for free the daughter & at the same time, get herself & her firm back on tv...FOR FREE! Most brillant move of the show last night.

I like Caroline Manzo's children & husband. Her, she can get a little unnerving. But she was right, so far, she did do a great job raising her children. Her boys were suppose to have a spinoff w/ Bravo but Bravo cancelled it.

She was on WWHL back in the late winter & she said that she lost 25lbs; got back to eating right & exercising. She does look pretty darn good.

Unread 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM

501 posts, read 541,405 times
OK I said I would never watch this show again but I couldn't stop myself. Actually I wanted to see the new additions to the cast. Who acts like that at a christening party? I agree these people are disgusting, classless thugs and I can't believe Joe Guiduce is not doing time yet. Somebody should contact DYFS (child protection agency in NJ) concerning those kids being used and I believed abused on this show exposing them at young ages to such vicious behavior and violence.

I live in NJ grew up with Italians and have attended many Italian weddings and social events and I NEVER saw an iota of this low class, scumbag behavior. I just keep thinking of people who have never been to NJ who are going to judge all NJ Italians like this and this is not the case at all. It's TV people. Believe me the vast majority of Italians in NJ do not act like this at all and are very nice warm people. This is just way over the top.

As for Danielle, she's back to her original career it seems. Warning: I'm going to post the link but don't click on it or look at the photos at work, you don't have some bleach handy to wash your eyes out with or you have a weak stomach.

Danielle Staub -- I'm A STRIPPER Now (w/ Pics) | TMZ.com

Her poor daughters. What's up with that sperm donor of a father who isn't going for full custody of these kids?

Unread 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM

1,155 posts, read 647,846 times
OMG!!!!

I already hate Melissa and her butt ugly husband Joe. He looks like he has been hit in his nose so much it has flattened to his face. YUCK. Fight much? What was the big deal of Theresa telling them congratulations? They are low life scum both of them. And all the Jesus crap...Nice hooker dress she wore to have her son christened. TACKY. And have some repsect for your father...awful behavior. At least Theresa walked away from him when he started his drunk mouth and went to find her dad. Her husband is so gross though. She needs to dump his cheating ass. Theresa is awesome. I love her.

Kathy seems okay...so far. Her husband is really funny and seems nice as well. Both seem to be peacemakers and want the feud to end.

Ashley... is she serious? "oh poor me, I have to get up so early to get to work, so can I have a $5000 a month apartment so I can sleep in?" Welcome to the real world you spoiled, whiney B****. GET A JOB THAT PAYS!!! Jacqueline has every right to put her in her place. Jacqueline's husband and Ashley were both very rude to her. BTW...she looks FABULOUS!! I like her.

Not sorry to see Danielle and her daughters gone. All a bit strange.

Love Caroline. Love her family. Something about her husband I'm not sure if I trust or not. He seems very unemotional and cold. Works too much? Hmmmm....

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM

690 posts, read 723,572 times
I'm so sorry to be so shallow, but Theresa's entire family are seriously homely. As in ugly. Not attractive.

Maybe it's the "you hurt my feelings so I'm gonna kill you" attitude that seems to lurk behind their every utterance that makes me see them that way. I don't know. I feel saddest for the kids. They're being brought up by stupid, violent people.

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:33 AM

6,175 posts, read 5,244,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I'm so sorry to be so shallow, but Theresa's entire family are seriously homely. As in ugly. Not attractive.
I agree.... They all got smacked - by the ugly branch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV