U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-10-2011, 12:09 AM
 
2,990 posts, read 2,461,418 times
Reputation: 3151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. She knows how. She also knows she doesn't have to. And it is a bit of a crash course.

At this point, it's all they have left. She's not going to voluntarily learn to swim if they keep acting like her floaties.
You know what's a perfect example of how Ashley's parents fail? They look at her drawings and say "Ashley has raw talent". And then they say she "should do something with it".

Did they ever think about exploring the art world with her? There's commercial art and fine art and they could talk to her about the difference. How about taking her to art galleries to talk with the owners and artists about what it takes? How about taking her to talk with people in commercial and graphic arts? How about investigating schools and reading up on the subject?

Ashley doesn't have a clue about the art world or what it entails, but she's supposed to "do something with it".

Think of evolutionary biology. If "reproductive success" in the animal world means ensuring your offspring have the skills to survive long enough to reproduce and raise the next generation, then some human parents don't even achieve reproductive success!

Ashley's parents remind me of the dumb pigeons at a friends' house that used to nest in the porch. Those birds would lay their eggs in high alcoves where there was nothing to hold them, and then stare stupidly over the edge when the eggs would inevitably fall to the ground and shatter. Rinse and repeat the whole breeding season.

That's the dumbest reproductive behavior I've ever witnessed in the animal kingdom. Ashley's parents are the human equivalent.


 
Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 AM
 
Location: gazing @ the Blue Ridge Mountains
10,009 posts, read 7,143,991 times
Reputation: 13842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
You know what's a perfect example of how Ashley's parents fail? They look at her drawings and say "Ashley has raw talent". And then they say she "should do something with it".

Did they ever think about exploring the art world with her? There's commercial art and fine art and they could talk to her about the difference. How about taking her to art galleries to talk with the owners and artists about what it takes? How about taking her to talk with people in commercial and graphic arts? How about investigating schools and reading up on the subject?

Ashley doesn't have a clue about the art world or what it entails, but she's supposed to "do something with it".

Think of evolutionary biology. If "reproductive success" in the animal world means ensuring your offspring have the skills to survive long enough to reproduce and raise the next generation, then some human parents don't even achieve reproductive success!

Ashley's parents remind me of the dumb pigeons at a friends' house that used to nest in the porch. Those birds would lay their eggs in high alcoves where there was nothing to hold them, and then stare stupidly over the edge when the eggs would inevitably fall to the ground and shatter. Rinse and repeat the whole breeding season.

That's the dumbest reproductive behavior I've ever witnessed in the animal kingdom. Ashley's parents are the human equivalent.


agree. As Jeff Foxworthy said so eloquently: you can't mix swamp water with pond scum and expect Evian.
 
Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 AM
 
3,242 posts, read 3,446,195 times
Reputation: 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Lauren is a troll too. Don't like her just like I dont like Ashley. Ashley is The way she is BECAUSE of her parents. Sorry you raised her that way, don't act innocent. JoeG is a pig. Tre isn't trying at all.
Lauren acts like a 7 year old. Remember when she started crying because her brothers moved out (Finally!) and left her? I'm not surprised though, as Caroline treats them all like babies.
 
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 AM
 
3,242 posts, read 3,446,195 times
Reputation: 3127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Yes! Though that line should have earned her a swat on the behind or a stern talking to, it was absolutely hysterical and I'm stealing it.
The only way it could have possibly been funnier is if she said it to Caroline or Albie Sr.
Oh gosh yes! Please, please say it to Caroline!!! I'm so sick of her bullying, bossy self, and the fact that everyone she meets, she says "We're family now." Ugh. I Fast Forward right through that old busybody.
And, I'm convinced Bravo tells these goobers to keep bringing up their trivial, petty arguments at every single event. Normal people don't usually do that. The NY housewives are the worst about it. They'll have someone drive an hour or so to meet them just so they could tell them they didn't like the way they were treated by them. Why couldn't they do that stuff over the phone?
 
Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 AM
 
2,990 posts, read 2,461,418 times
Reputation: 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Oh gosh yes! Please, please say it to Caroline!!! I'm so sick of her bullying, bossy self, and the fact that everyone she meets, she says "We're family now." Ugh. I Fast Forward right through that old busybody.
And, I'm convinced Bravo tells these goobers to keep bringing up their trivial, petty arguments at every single event. Normal people don't usually do that. The NY housewives are the worst about it. They'll have someone drive an hour or so to meet them just so they could tell them they didn't like the way they were treated by them. Why couldn't they do that stuff over the phone?
Yeah, they do make a lot of big dramatic entries, don't they?

As far as Caroline, I honestly think she's been driven to be a busybody because she's surrounded by perfect idiots on the show.

She's often the only voice of reason you hear.
 
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 AM
 
2,990 posts, read 2,461,418 times
Reputation: 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I don't believe that Ashley has really been neglected. I think her mother felt waaay too sorry for Ashley being a product of a divorce. So instead of demanding Ashely step-up to the plate, she was allowed to wallow in "my parents got divorced when I was little, poor me, but now that I realize what I can get away with? Gloves are off, mommy, and I'm going to blame you & your husband for all the reasons I can't clean my room, not show up to work on time, ask if I bring extra friends to the NYE party (even after how my friends acted during the last NYE party) and demand a shot while I'm underaged".

Ashley is 20 years old. Why isn't she in college? Any college? She needs to get therapy so she can move on...b/c I don't see Jac and Chris drawing lines in the imported from Italy marble floors for her.

Ashley is SOOOO lucky her mother married "up", didn't have to struggle to support a kid for 18 years by waiting tables or hooking or homeless or stayed in a bad marriage.

I do blame Jac.
Well there are different forms of neglect I think. Ashley isn't neglected as far as material things, food, and a roof over her head.

But she's been neglected in every other way.

I don't think her parents do it on purpose. I think they don't have the slightest clue what they did wrong. Have you noticed they never blame themselves?

They seem to think Ashley should be so grateful for the material gifts that she should become responsible. When does it ever work that way? They put the cart before the horse. They should teach responsibility, and only then give her perks.

Jacqueline keeps talking about how Ashley doesn't respect her. I think that's just LAME. It's up to the parent to teach their children to respect them! All she's taught Ashley is that mom will complain, but she will never enforce anything. Actually, I think Ashley mentioned that in a previous season.

Why don't they go out and buy some decent books on parenting?
 
Old 08-10-2011, 07:04 AM
 
3,109 posts, read 2,733,378 times
Reputation: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Why couldn't they do that stuff over the phone?
not enuff dramah for bravo

how else is andy cohen supposed to make a living?
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Texas
28,115 posts, read 24,134,964 times
Reputation: 33741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Ashley's parents remind me of the dumb pigeons at a friends' house that used to nest in the porch. Those birds would lay their eggs in high alcoves where there was nothing to hold them, and then stare stupidly over the edge when the eggs would inevitably fall to the ground and shatter. Rinse and repeat the whole breeding season.

That's the dumbest reproductive behavior I've ever witnessed in the animal kingdom. Ashley's parents are the human equivalent.

Wait! Am I that friend?! I have dumb pigeons here, too! They built a nest on my outdoor speakers...sh*t keeps falling out of them, including their babies...

I don't know if they are dumb and not worthy of reproduction. I think a lot of parents do this with their kids. Especially if they feel sorry or guilty. My parents did this to my little brother to some degree. He was so sick as a baby and underwent so many painful procedures that they totally babied him growing up. The result was a scholastically and athletically successful kid who couldn't do a damn thing in the real world for himself. Lucky for him, he had me. I beat some sense into him on a routine basis...even now, he and his wife (also the family's baby) have a higher learning curve on how to do things, but their natural intelligence has borne them through a lot of what could have been stupid circumstances.
I think a lot of women do this with their boys, too. How many guys did I meet in college who couldn't figure out how to put together a simple meal or even wash their laundry?

Parents often mean well, but they kill with kindness.
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:53 AM
 
2,990 posts, read 2,461,418 times
Reputation: 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wait! Am I that friend?! I have dumb pigeons here, too! They built a nest on my outdoor speakers...sh*t keeps falling out of them, including their babies...


I'm thinking of someone I knew in Florida. I used to live in Dallas though.
 
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 AM
 
2,990 posts, read 2,461,418 times
Reputation: 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't know if they are dumb and not worthy of reproduction. I think a lot of parents do this with their kids. Especially if they feel sorry or guilty. My parents did this to my little brother to some degree. He was so sick as a baby and underwent so many painful procedures that they totally babied him growing up. The result was a scholastically and athletically successful kid who couldn't do a damn thing in the real world for himself. Lucky for him, he had me. I beat some sense into him on a routine basis...even now, he and his wife (also the family's baby) have a higher learning curve on how to do things, but their natural intelligence has borne them through a lot of what could have been stupid circumstances.

I think a lot of women do this with their boys, too. How many guys did I meet in college who couldn't figure out how to put together a simple meal or even wash their laundry?

Parents often mean well, but they kill with kindness.
I can understand the response to illness. I can see babying them while they're in pain or in danger. But once that is over, you have to change tactics.

We had neighbors who did the same thing with their son. He was deaf and had a hole in his heart. When he had heart surgery at five, the doctors said not to let anything upset him. The parents took that to heart and started letting him have his way on everything.

Years later, I started babysitting their children. His parents told me that the other two would go to bed when told, but not to expect him to listen. I was only twelve, but I thought that was BS.

When the parents came home that first night, he was in bed. They were astonished that I had accomplished what they could not. It took two babysitting sessions with me repeatedly dragging him upstairs at bedtime, him screaming at me, throwing things at me, and running back downstairs ... and me dragging him back upstairs. He got the message I wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I never had a problem with him again.

I found him on Facebook. He is married now with his own child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top