U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 PM

2,959 posts, read 2,305,452 times
Ashley may be 20 years old now, but developmentally she reminds me of a 14 year old.

I just remembered that I knew a woman who also married a rich man when her daughter was very young. Same story as Jac. Her daughter was also given a lot of material things and the mother complained that she wasn't responsible. Where have we heard this before?

The daughter went off the deep end in her twenties and got in lots of trouble.

I heard through the grapevine that the daughter was resentful of the mother. The daughter saw her mother being handed anything she wanted because she had married a rich man. The daughter felt that if her mother could have all that for the asking, she should be entitled also.

Ashley hears her mother talking about how tough it was as a single mother, but all Ashley has ever known is a mother who has everything ... wealth, a large house, expensive cars, clothes and jewelry, and lots of leisure time.

Perhaps Ashley's career plan is to marry into the same situation?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 PM

9,782 posts, read 6,650,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Ashley may be 20 years old now, but developmentally she reminds me of a 14 year old.

I just remembered that I knew a woman who also married a rich man when her daughter was very young. Same story as Jac. Her daughter was also given a lot of material things and the mother complained that she wasn't responsible. Where have we heard this before?

The daughter went off the deep end in her twenties and got in lots of trouble.

I heard through the grapevine that the daughter was resentful of the mother. The daughter saw her mother being handed anything she wanted because she had married a rich man. The daughter felt that if her mother could have all that for the asking, she should be entitled also.

Ashley hears her mother talking about how tough it was as a single mother, but all Ashley has ever known is a mother who has everything ... wealth, a large house, expensive cars, clothes and jewelry, and lots of leisure time.

Perhaps Ashley's career plan is to marry into the same situation?

good luck with that happening. She is no prize.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,467,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
That is a generalized statement and not at all true of everyone. In fact I work with two doctors right now who had very unsupportive and neglectful parents and had to put themselves through college and medical school and look at them now... Successful physicians and one is head of our family medicine program. And personally I ahve two sisters who had super supportive parents and guided them throughout their lives and they are lazy, jobless losers. Ashley is just lazy and likes to blame everyone instead of looking at the fact that she is the one who can change her life. Its not her parents job to coddle her forever. She is an adult. PERIOD.
We aren't all cut from the same cloth. Some people are more sensitive and hold on longer to traumas. We can't all be Ice queens. You are defined for life by your childhood. You can get past it but therapy is usually necessary. At her age she is a product of them. They spoiled her.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:54 PM

4,710 posts, read 2,645,027 times
Quote:

She's taking advantage of her mother's guilt and her step-dad's generosity, she's not stupid. She's playing them like nobody's fool.

Quote:
Then the daughter should find herself a rich man, too. Glad I only have boys after hearing that one.

Quote:
You can't go back and fix things, so Ashley apparently needs heavy therapy to get through her 20's and end up a productive human being.

Maybe Ashley is better off living with her bio-dad b/c he didn't marry into money and didn't try to assuage his guilt of being a divorced daddy and not raising her on his own (or at all) by making sure she had everything she could ever want or need.

Hope it works out for her.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,698,972 times
still liking tee's kids better--even millania(an ashley in training)

Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM

2,959 posts, read 2,305,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
still liking tee's kids better--even millania
I think I like Joe and Melissa's kids better. Less out of control. Less screaming.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 AM

3,768 posts, read 3,943,694 times
Quote:
I think I like Joe and Melissa's kids better. Less out of control. Less screaming.
I also like Melissa's kids better. Never seen them act out.

Milania is a devil.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM

1,593 posts, read 1,439,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Milania is a devil.
Give me pizza, you old troll.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM

9,251 posts, read 7,768,798 times
lol, that was too funny!
Tre says her kids are so well behaved...they seem like little monsters.

It just seems to me that Teresa is very much against her SIL. At the beginning of the season, I thought Melissa might be a trouble maker, but it is clear that Teresa hates her, and digs her every chance she gets. Maybe Tre has a little weird bro love going on, and is jealous..who knows..

.when they were discussing Tre's new book about family recipes and Melissa asked if she wanted one of her recipes, she was so smug about saying no, and when they went to see the singing studio and Mellissa was so happy her husband was helping her, Teresa wasn't very supportive. I think her comment was "Looks like anyone can be a singer these days"

hate hate hated Caroline's hair at NYE party...

Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

4,262 posts, read 3,959,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
lol, that was too funny!
Tre says her kids are so well behaved...they seem like little monsters.

It just seems to me that Teresa is very much against her SIL. At the beginning of the season, I thought Melissa might be a trouble maker, but it is clear that Teresa hates her, and digs her every chance she gets. Maybe Tre has a little weird bro love going on, and is jealous..who knows..

.when they were discussing Tre's new book about family recipes and Melissa asked if she wanted one of her recipes, she was so smug about saying no, and when they went to see the singing studio and Mellissa was so happy her husband was helping her, Teresa wasn't very supportive. I think her comment was "Looks like anyone can be a singer these days"

hate hate hated Caroline's hair at NYE party...

Here's my take on the recipe thing. When Melissa asked Teresa if she wanted a recipe (assuming for submission for the book), Teresa said "no" (even though it did sound smug), I was under the impression that the book was already sent to the publisher at that point. Maybe it was and Teresa did find the perfect op to say "no" after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV